satban
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have been fascinated by female clothing for many decades, and grew up when most women wore corsets or girdles with stockings.  The next layer was often directoire knickers with a matching slip or petticoat, usually in pink or peach.

I enjoy serving as a maid, dressed in similar underwear under a plain black dress with a white apron.  This is indeed true petticoat discipline, with appropriate and painful penalties for any failings or misdemeanours.
Hello and welcome! I think you'll find yourself among many like-minded people here. I enjoyed reading of your description of your petticoating attire and would enjoy hearing more from and about you!

Jamieanne
(08-29-2017, 09:24 AM)sissyjamieanne Wrote: Hello and welcome!  I think you'll find yourself among many like-minded people here.  I enjoyed reading of your description of your petticoating attire and would enjoy hearing more from and about you!

Jamieanne

Thank you for your welcoming words.  I was interested in your post about maid's uniforms.  They are not so easy to find off the peg as once they were.  Many years ago, I had one made to measure by a lady who also made corsets to measure.  Mine did have long sleeves, as one of your readers suggested; the sleeves had white cuffs, matching the collar and as a result, after a good days hard work, the dress needed to go to the dry-cleaners.  At first I was embarrassed when I handed it over, but the assistant did not bat an eyelid.

For me, what is beneath the dress is equally important, and would be a white full-length corselette,with six suspenders holding up heavy black cotton stockings.  Over this, white cotton knee length directoire knickers (or "bloomers") and a matching white cotton slip with built up shoulders.  All very practical and suitable underwear for a domestic servant.
Welcome, AHyde enjoy!
(08-29-2017, 01:37 PM)AHyde Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 09:24 AM)sissyjamieanne Wrote: Hello and welcome!  I think you'll find yourself among many like-minded people here.  I enjoyed reading of your description of your petticoating attire and would enjoy hearing more from and about you!

Jamieanne

Thank you for your welcoming words.  I was interested in your post about maid's uniforms.  They are not so easy to find off the peg as once they were.  Many years ago, I had one made to measure by a lady who also made corsets to measure.  Mine did have long sleeves, as one of your readers suggested; the sleeves had white cuffs, matching the collar and as a result, after a good days hard work, the dress needed to go to the dry-cleaners.  At first I was embarrassed when I handed it over, but the assistant did not bat an eyelid.

For me, what is beneath the dress is equally important, and would be a white full-length corselette,with six suspenders holding up heavy black cotton stockings.  Over this, white cotton knee length directoire knickers (or "bloomers") and a matching white cotton slip with built up shoulders.  All very practical and suitable underwear for a domestic servant.

Oh yes...your under attire is indeed very practical for a domestic servant.  I wear black or white nylon brief (granny) panties and a matching color, plain bra with pantyhose...nothing sexy or titillating about my lingerie...meant for hard work and servitude, and for reminding me of my place.  I may post a photo of my "working lingerie" soon...

As for finding maid's uniforms, I've found several sources by googling "hotel maid uniforms".  I plan to add colors as recommended soon...perhaps white, blue, pink would be appropriate...

Looking forward to hearing more from you...glad you're here!

sissy jamieanne