Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Starting boys off right
There is a huge issue with entitlement of boys (was an issue in my family growing up) but one problem area is many mothers like to 'indulge' their sons and still see their role in terms of parenting, domestic management on top of employment rather than training up children especially boys into performing chores as a matter of course even after school as should they be on either own they'll need to as adults and are reluctant to change.
In my family father always came from work expecting Mom to have food ready for him even when she'd been at work and she struggles even now with something simple like if I'm with her to just leave nay expect me me to do the dishes that I have totally insist on even though with other people I stay with it's a house rule they insist upon as part of the social currency I am to contribute to. The change in male behaviours needs to go hand in hand with a change in her role from doing to overseeing what is needed and various kinds of correction may well help
Gender fluid Feminine Boy "Jane Girl"
My Tumblr
(03-26-2018, 10:50 AM)Saz Wrote: There really should be a Government campaign to remind Mothers that they are the ones in control, they are the ones who spend so much time and effort with their boys! At present (in my opinion) we have raised quite selfish generation, a fantastic way to counter this would be for Mothers to get their boys to clean up around the house including their Sisters rooms, it would be quite humbling and let him know his place for a boy to have to wash, clean and iron his Sisters and Mothers underwear.

A bonus would be that the Mother would free up much more of her time to spend with her friends and Daughters, I agree 100% boys need to learn from the earliest age their place in the future world!

This is one of the best ideas.
(04-07-2018, 10:31 PM)tiffany Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 10:50 AM)Saz Wrote: There really should be a Government campaign to remind Mothers that they are the ones in control, they are the ones who spend so much time and effort with their boys! At present (in my opinion) we have raised quite selfish generation, a fantastic way to counter this would be for Mothers to get their boys to clean up around the house including their Sisters rooms, it would be quite humbling and let him know his place for a boy to have to wash, clean and iron his Sisters and Mothers underwear.

A bonus would be that the Mother would free up much more of her time to spend with her friends and Daughters, I agree 100% boys need to learn from the earliest age their place in the future world!

This is one of the best ideas.

preferably putting them in nappies and plastic pants from the start, and getting them used to them, so they have to wear them for life

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)