BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban on transgender troops to be lifted July 1
Just found this in the news...great news for transgendered persons in the military and everywhere!!!

When I was in the US Navy, I wore panties to work under my uniform, and crossdressed at home, off-duty...and I always knew that being caught could result in disciplinary action and discharge!  So happy to see this change in attitudes!  I fear I was born a couple of generations too early...I love the new acceptance!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ban-on-...id=U142DHP

sissy jamieanne
I too was in the U.S. Navy for 4 years and hid my other side. I lived off base so it was easier for me to dress in my dresses and skirts. IT is time for acceptance of all people.
Uk has been accepting for a while but the Dutch were the first in 1974!
(06-25-2016, 07:15 PM)baby sam Wrote: Uk has been accepting for a while but the Dutch were the first in 1974!

I have never seen, or heard of transgender troops though and I don't expect them to be welcomed with open arms. They probably officially accept them, but if one would show up she'd (or he) be ruled mentally unfit for duty or something like that. That's the Dutch way. 

Sorry, as a Dutchman myself I'm not half as impressed with my countrymen's open mindedness and supposedly liberal ideas as the rest of the world seems to be. Operation 'virtue signalling' has obviously been a smashing success.
(07-09-2016, 12:50 PM)diaperedByDesign Wrote:
(06-25-2016, 07:15 PM)baby sam Wrote: Uk has been accepting for a while but the Dutch were the first in 1974!

I have never seen, or heard of transgender troops though and I don't expect them to be welcomed with open arms. They probably officially accept them, but if one would show up she'd (or he) be ruled mentally unfit for duty or something like that. That's the Dutch way. 

Sorry, as a Dutchman myself I'm not half as impressed with my countrymen's open mindedness and supposedly liberal ideas as the rest of the world seems to be. Operation 'virtue signalling' has obviously been a smashing success.

Um, what is Operation 'virtue signalling'  and what makes it so successful? I'm clueless.
Stamp out useless scrolling. Click Reply, then press CNTRL (or Command)  + A, then write your reply.

Your obedient servant,

micheleFFS  Cool
Sorry michelle, if forgot to check back on this topic.

What I meant is that the Netherlands has been able to create this super liberal, tolerant and progressive image for itself worldwide. One that really doesn't hold up in reality, though...but gets validated by tourists who visit Amsterdam and never make it past the Dam, Anne Frank house and the coffeeshops (which are terrible there BTW). Dutch people overall are actually fairly conservative and right wing.

A great social commentor once said (and this was decades) ago pointed out that our supposed tolerant nature all to often looked suspiciously like 'not giving a damn' and that for the inclusiveness being propagated in the media we're all as much living on our own islands as everybody else.

Last month's so called 'pride parade' in Amsterdam left me with a rather foul taste. Because while all the politicians and social justice warriors were celebrating inclusivity I know a lot my gay friends don't dare to walk hand in hand in Amsterdam anymore. Cross dressers don't dare to go out at all anymore. Jewish friends make sure they don't look Jewish or wear that David star that's been in the family for over a hundred years and miraculously survived the holocaust. Gay couples have been harassed so much and felt so threatened they had to abandon their homes and go into hiding... and most people don't care, it doesn't even make the news.

In Amsterdam! It makes me so mad. But oh no, god forbid I mention the M-word...that would make me a racist.