Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humiliating nappy change
(07-08-2017, 05:00 PM)markuk Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 12:41 PM)Ali Wrote: Mark - it sounds like your family thought it was as normal for you to have a nappy on as mine did. In many ways that made it worse for me - it was very embarrassing having a nappy on, and especially being changed when I'd wet it - but other family members treating it like it was perctly normal for a teeenage boy to be having his nappy changed in the middle of the living room floor, or in a bedroom with the door open etc was completely humiliating.

Hi Ali

I think it was more that my family just accepted that sometimes my parents would keep me in nappies and sometimes they wouldn't.  I don't think they thought of it is normal as there were other kids in the family who brought up in a more conventional way but I guess, as in many families, differences are overcome and accepted for the sake family togetherness.  I can appreciate your embarrassment at being changed in front of others.  This happened rarely for me, but I do have clear memories of the very powerful feeling of shame that went with it.  I didn't really think anything of it if it was in front of my maternal grandparents but with anyone else I'd feel my face redden and cheeks burn as I was told to lie down.  I don't think it was just the nappy change but the exposure of my penis that was awful.  I was trained (as my parents used to say rather that to raised) to think of my penis as an wicked affliction that it would have been better to be without, and having it revealed to others was excrutiating.

I'd be interested to know if you were kept in nappies all the time, whether you were continent, how old you were when you stopped having to wear them and if their wearing was accompanied by any other clothing or behaviour that was unconventional.

Best wishes

Mark

(07-06-2017, 10:59 AM)Bill Wrote: Wre you given regular enemas Mark ? I was given one evry morning .

Hi Bill

I wasn't given one every morning like you.  Were you enema dependent or suffered from bowel incontinence?  I use enemas on my sissy boy and he's almost dependent on them.  If he doesn't get his enemas he gets constipated.  Did your parents use other types of bowel control on you - suppositories or plugs or laxatives?

I was given enemas if we were going to be somewhere where there was limited or inconvenient access to toilet facilities.  So, for instance, we went up to Scotland about 4 times a year which was an 8 hour drive for my parents.  The night before leaving I'd have to go and sit on the toilet for 15 minutes or so and then be given an enema.  Before leaving the following morning I'd be put into a clean nappy and given a couple of tablets to keep me dozy for the journey.  The process was the same for the journey home.  

Other times I'd be given an enema were if we were going to the theatre or out somewhere for the whole day or if I was unwell.  Enemas were thought of as a general cure all for colds and headaches and other ailments.

In today's world I'd have been diagnosed as ADHD but back then (1970s/early 80s) I was just thought of as troublesome and destructive and was sometimes given enemas as, often combined with some medication, they'd calm me down and make me quiet and docile.

If I soiled a nappy, which I occasionally did on purpose due to my sometimes resentment at having to wear them, I'd be given several enemas to ensure I was 'fully clear' as my Dad used to call it.  One time, when I arrived home from school, having not been in nappies for a period, my Mum told me that she'd decided she wanted me to wear nappies for a while and to go upstairs and strip and she'd come up and put one on me.  This would happen entirely at random - I'd not be in nappies and then it would be decided that I would be.  I didn't want to wear a nappy and shortly after it was put on me I soiled it on purpose.  My Mum was furious and she lifted my skirt and smacked the backs of my legs with a wooden spoon, hitting the same spot again and again.  It was painful, but I didn't care because I felt I'd made her do it rather than having it inflicted on me.  When she'd finished she took me in the garden to the private spot where there was a post I could be secured to and left me there until my Dad came home as she didn't want me in the house in my soiled nappy.  Needless to say, when my Dad came home he really punished me and I was given several enemas and punished.

When younger i was on lots of meds for pain and seizures . They caused really bad constipation . So i had an enema every morning and put on my potty until i had emptied and then my aunt would clean me up and put me in a fresh nappy before breakfast . That was my usual morning routine for years .
The ony time i had a plug in is when i had been given muscle relaxant or other med suppositories and the plug kept them in me .
Angel A little bit of hanky panky does you good .  Angel
I've had so little time to post here lately, there's just been so much going on in life.

There was one time I got told about by my mother where I was four and still in diapers that she had taken me out grocery shopping with her during the day. She had put me in one of my sister's old dresses to make diaper changes easier, and ended up needing to change me in the grocery store bathroom. Apparently another lady commented on a girl as old as me still in diapers and my mother responded about me being a boy and how frustrating it was. There was a back and forth exchange about how being in a dress would give me extra incentive to get potty-trained, and a final suggestion from the lady to also 'blister my bottom' for even more incentive.

Of course, what sticks out in my mind is being eight and being put back in diapers with a bunch of changes and stress in our lives (mom and dad divorced, we moved twice, two new schools, mom getting remarried...). Having to get changed by the nurse at school during the day, or on the weekends when we were out and about, especially being changed in a public setting, that is humiliating.
How come you got put back into diapers when you were eight, Richardto?

I know from personal experience how humiliating it is to be an older child still obviously in nappies.
Heart Sugar and spice and all things nice Heart
(07-20-2017, 03:33 PM)Ali Wrote: How come you got put back into diapers when you were eight, Richardto?

I know from personal experience how humiliating it is to be an older child still obviously in nappies.

I was put back into them because I was having a hard time controlling my bladder and occasionally, bowels. My mother got tired of wet clothes daily and phone calls from the school to bring me dry things, so she just went back to diapers. The doctors she took me to see blamed it on the stress of so many major changes in our lives in such a short time.
That must have been really tough for you. Did your school friends know you'd been made to wear diapers again?

Have you ever had your nappy changed in the back of a car? It's excruciatingly humiliating. People can't help but notice, but they try to look and look away. But you know they've seen you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I just found this picture. This is almost exactly how humiliated I felt having my nappy changed on our picnic.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-20-2017, 06:30 PM)Ali Wrote: That must have been really tough for you. Did your school friends know you'd been made to wear diapers again?

Have you ever had your nappy changed in the back of a car? It's excruciatingly humiliating. People can't help but notice, but they try to look and look away. But you know they've seen you.

Many of the other kids at school found out about my diapers, and it was absolutely horrible. As if that wasn't bad enough, the school principal got word of it and actually wanted to transfer me to the special education school because of it. The teacher in my class was the one who put her foot down and stopped it, telling him I was one of the smartest kids in the class, that I was just having the toileting troubles.

I have had the change in the back of a car, last time was when I was eight or nine. Any public change (even in a restroom out in the open) is absolutely a bad one.
That must have been SO awful.

How long did you have to wear diapers?
That time period was a little over two months if my memory is right. It certainly seemed to go on forever at the time.