BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Sex Role-Reversal Media has had IMPACT in your life?
Movies, Television, Books, Magazines, etc.....

Have had an influence on anyone growing up (or later in life, if they were illuminating or even just plain fun!).  There have been many early on for me, but i hand the microphone and/or keyboard to all the rest of you here first - if you've the interest
I read and reread the Oz books by L. Frank Baum so many times I lived them in my dreams and still do, so it should come as no surprise that one of my favorites is The Marvelous Land of Oz, in which the true ruler of Oz has been hidden by magic and transformed into a baby boy, but finally revealed to be the beautiful Ozma.

Quote:"You are not a girl just now" said she, gently, "because Mombi transformed
you into a boy. But you were born a girl, and also a Princess; so you must
resume your proper form, that you may become Queen of the Emerald City."

"Oh, let Jinjur be the Queen!" exclaimed Tip, ready to cry. "I want to stay
a boy, and travel with the Scarecrow and the Tin Woodman, and the Woggle-
Bug, and Jack -- yes! and my friend the Saw-Horse -- and the Gump! I don't
want to be a girl!"

...later...

Glinda walked to the canopy and parted the silken hangings. Then she bent
over the cushions, reached out her hand, and from the couch arose the form
of a young girl, fresh and beautiful as a May morning. Her eyes sparkled as
two diamonds, and her lips were tinted like a tourmaline. All adown her back
floated tresses of ruddy gold, with a slender jeweled circlet confining them
at the brow. Her robes of silken gauze floated around her like a cloud, and
dainty satin slippers shod her feet.

At this exquisite vision Tip's old comrades stared in wonder for the space
of a full minute, and then every head bent low in honest admiration of the
lovely Princess Ozma. The girl herself cast one look into Glinda's bright
face, which glowed with pleasure and satisfaction, and then turned upon the
others. Speaking the words with sweet diffidence, she said:

"I hope none of you will care less for me than you did before. I'm just the
same Tip, you know; only -- only -- "

"Only you're different!" said the Pumpkinhead; and everyone thought it was
the wisest speech he had ever made.
So, can anyone guess why these books were so special for me?
(06-21-2017, 02:37 AM)Sissy Renee Wrote: I read and reread the Oz books by L. Frank Baum so many times I lived them in my dreams and still do, so it should come as no surprise that one of my favorites is The Marvelous Land of Oz, in which the true ruler of Oz has been hidden by magic and transformed into a baby boy, but finally revealed to be the beautiful Ozma.

Quote:"You are not a girl just now" said she, gently, "because Mombi transformed
you into a boy. But you were born a girl, and also a Princess; so you must
resume your proper form, that you may become Queen of the Emerald City."

"Oh, let Jinjur be the Queen!" exclaimed Tip, ready to cry. "I want to stay
a boy, and travel with the Scarecrow and the Tin Woodman, and the Woggle-
Bug, and Jack -- yes! and my friend the Saw-Horse -- and the Gump! I don't
want to be a girl!"

...later...

Glinda walked to the canopy and parted the silken hangings. Then she bent
over the cushions, reached out her hand, and from the couch arose the form
of a young girl, fresh and beautiful as a May morning. Her eyes sparkled as
two diamonds, and her lips were tinted like a tourmaline. All adown her back
floated tresses of ruddy gold, with a slender jeweled circlet confining them
at the brow. Her robes of silken gauze floated around her like a cloud, and
dainty satin slippers shod her feet.

At this exquisite vision Tip's old comrades stared in wonder for the space
of a full minute, and then every head bent low in honest admiration of the
lovely Princess Ozma. The girl herself cast one look into Glinda's bright
face, which glowed with pleasure and satisfaction, and then turned upon the
others. Speaking the words with sweet diffidence, she said:

"I hope none of you will care less for me than you did before. I'm just the
same Tip, you know; only -- only -- "

"Only you're different!" said the Pumpkinhead; and everyone thought it was
the wisest speech he had ever made.
So, can anyone guess why these books were so special for me?

THANK YOU... exceptionally exciting... with so very much hidden meaning to interpret!

WOW... had heard of the OZMA of OZ part of the stories but had never read it.   Certainly sparks far more interest than all those flying monkeys!!  Now, only if there were a few chapters on Amazons!
Okay.... one of the first instances of media that i can recall on 'Sex Role-Reversal' may have been the old 1940 movie "TURNABOUT" based upon the Thorne Smith novel from the 1930's starring Carol Landis and John Hubbard.   the movie used to show frequently on television back in the early 1950's.  It was about a couple who always bickering are transferred to each other's body.  

[Image: turnad.jpg]

As a child i recall it disturbing me greatly, as at the time did more than a few other movies, tv, news articles etc on changing Female-male roles...

Yet whenever i knew it to be on, i would not miss watching it being torn with BOTH GREAT FEAR and FASCINATION !

For at the time were not we males the Superior Sex!
Might it be something was about to change?
There have been several shows and movies that show boys and men crossdressing.  The little rascals (Alfalfa and Spanky) were dressed several times as girls, In the movie "Dress Code" a boy spends then tite movies in dresses or other girls clothing.  Of course in "Some Like It Hot" and Tootsie are also available.  Another full lrngth feature was "Life With Father" where a boy wore skirts.  I have seen all of these movies.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Worm That Turned

This little mini series was aired on the BBC in 1980.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1DB02CB56C1C20C1
(06-25-2017, 04:23 PM)alexvyaz Wrote: The Worm That Turned

This little mini series was aired on the BBC in 1980.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1DB02CB56C1C20C1

Alexyaz...

Thank you for the link!  remember seeing a few of the TWO RONNIES shows way back.  Very fun satire, although one suspects both were traditional 'masculinists'. 

Also recall (off topic) did they not also do a hilarious spoof of a fake tour of Loch Ness.... NO my brain just kicked in it was something about a PHIL and ARTHUR's skit.  Let me look it up.  AGAIN NOT ON TOPIC BUT one might bust one's corset laughing!!!!

part 1       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foe8ZiCLTk4

part 2       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hngX72pWRu8

part 3       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cATGsWhW-2Y
Modified the title of this query, because i truly should love to know if others development had been affected by movies, books, television, radio, advertising, etc in the becoming interested, accepting and internalizing Sex Role-Reversal or Female Supremacist interests or belief.

As i said i shall mention many of those that have brought me to where i am today, but would sincerely like (and need) to know how such lead others.  Can honestly say it has often felt the journey has been a strange   Huh   balancing act between fear and fascination.

Thank You All in Advance... even if You understandably choose not to respond.
I remember as a youngster delving into a hidden box of Playboy magazines in the garage of a school friend's house. Obviously this friend's mother wouldn't allow them in the house or maybe she didn't even know they existed but at any rate lots of school friends would secretly gather to view them. While most of the boys were obsessed with the naked photos I was fascinated by the models in pretty and colourful lingerie and I liked that they left something to the imagination. At the back pages of the magazine was the ever present ad for lingerie from Fredricks of Hollywood that also listed high heels for sale and there was a note at the bottom of the ad that stated if ordering for males they should give their male shoe size. Why on earth would a man wear high heels? Who knew that many years later I'd find out but I am sure this was where it began.
(06-30-2017, 01:30 PM)Maid Jennifer Wrote: I remember as a youngster delving into a hidden box of Playboy magazines in the garage of a school friend's house. Obviously this friend's mother wouldn't allow them in the house or maybe she didn't even know they existed but at any rate lots of school friends would secretly gather to view them. While most of the boys were obsessed with the naked photos I was fascinated by the models in pretty and colourful lingerie and I liked that they left something to the imagination. At the back pages of the magazine was the ever present ad for lingerie from Fredricks of Hollywood that also listed high heels for sale and there was a note at the bottom of the ad that stated if ordering for males they should give their male shoe size. Why on earth would a man wear high heels? Who knew that many years later I'd find out but I am sure this was where it began.

Thank you Jennifer... these are exactly the early experiences i meant.  Ones, especially in youth that left our male minds confused, unsettled and perhaps even frightened and ashamed and yet somewhere deep down hoping we'd experience it again.

As i mentioned with the movie 'TURNABOUT' - the end scene where after the Wife and Husband were returned to their "OWN" bodies they were still in each other's clothes, i felt devestated... thinking what would i do wearing a negligee.

WORSE - the Genie that had reversed them originally whispered somethingto the Wife and SHE BURST OUT LAUGHING!   Seems although they had their bodies back -THE HUSBAND's WAS PREGNANT, and She found it hilarious.    Thinking about such sex-role reversal scared the bejeebers out of me.  (Yet when the movie came on after that.... i still tried to see it over and over again!)