Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Come Down Hard on Domestic Abusers and Stalkers
(11-01-2017, 04:35 PM)Yvette-Louise wrote: Wrote: Men convicted of rape, where the evidence is solid, but doubt remains, and Men convicted of domestic abuse should serve a minimum of seventy five years.

In the US, even if there is substantial evidence, but a "reasonable doubt" remains, a defendant shouldn't be convicted. (See example below.)

"Domestic abuse" needs definition. I was abusive to my two wives before I learned better, but none of my controlling, ranting, and manipulation was criminal. I never harmed or threatened to harm anyone. I'm not excusing my behavior, merely describing. Women victims of domestic abuse frequently say the behaviors I did hurt more over time than physical injuries. I try never to lose sight of that.

As an example of evidence not leading to a conviction I give you the famous case of OJ Simpson's murder trial. There was a lot of evidence pointing to guilt, but much of that evidence was collected by a racist policeman whose actions raised doubts with jurors. If the evidence used to convict is itself suspect, and the standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt," no conviction.

It's been said that the LAPD framed a guilty man, thus torpedoing a case they should have won.
Your obedient forum maid,

ModeratorM Cool
(11-01-2017, 04:35 PM)Yvette-Louise Wrote: A few further thoughts to add to the debate.

I don't think sending Men out petticoated would work for some of the following reasons.

Based on my own observations,  only approx. twenty-twenty five per cent of Women wear skirts/dresses when out and about on any given day/time, (even in Summer), so it would be hard for the law makers to argue for a change in the law based on the fact that most Women wear trousers. Men serving this punishment would end up wearing  Gender neutral trousers, so would not have any effect.

Men who commit rape/abuse are in the main, not the sort of people who are sensitive enough to understand the complexities of wearing heels and skirts. If they were sent our 'dressed' it would be more of an humiliation for them, rather than an education in respecting Women. I would be more concerned that they would gain 'inside information' that would assist them in future attacks. (assessing when we are most vulnerable etc.)

Maid Jennifer's point about every Man spending a day as a Female is a good idea, but sadly not practical, as few Males would want to go though the public humiliation that they would suffer. (Also bear in mind that there are a lot of respectful Men out there, so why should they be punished?).

Personally I think any Man convicted of rape, where the evidence is one hundred per cent proven, and there is no question of doubt, should spend the rest of his life behind bars and also be castrated
Men convicted of rape, where the evidence is solid, but doubt remains, and Men convicted of domestic abuse should serve a minimum of seventy five years.
I will also point out that Women who make false accusations of rape should also serve a long sentence.

In relation to Men who display sexism, though words or actions (this includes Men who run companies that treat Women in a sexist manner), should be forced to attend a residential course in order to properly respect Women. Only being allowed to leave when it is deemed that they have learned. (Any repeat offence would carry a prison sentence).

While the courses would be private, they would experience going out dressed as a Woman. They wouldn't be served food unless they are in skirts and heels, with their attempt at make up on their faces. 
If they refuse to wear skirts and heels they lose privileges,.(Much like some Women lose their jobs by not wearing skirts/heels).

I also appreciate that domestic abuse works both ways, but apart from a long prison sentence, it is hard to see what kind of punishment would work on a Female.  

These are very good suggestions, Madame. Who would determine if men displayed sexism through words or actions? And which words and actions would be judged as sexist? 

I like the fact that sexist men would have to wear skirts and heels. That would be a good lesson, Madame.

*curtsey*
(11-01-2017, 05:32 PM)ModeratorM Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 04:35 PM)Yvette-Louise wrote: Wrote: Men convicted of rape, where the evidence is solid, but doubt remains, and Men convicted of domestic abuse should serve a minimum of seventy five years.

In the US, even if there is substantial evidence, but a "reasonable doubt" remains, a defendant shouldn't be convicted. (See example below.)

"Domestic abuse" needs definition. I was abusive to my two wives before I learned better, but none of my controlling, ranting, and manipulation was criminal. I never harmed or threatened to harm anyone. I'm not excusing my behavior, merely describing. Women victims of domestic abuse frequently say the behaviors I did hurt more over time than physical injuries. I try never to lose sight of that.

As an example of evidence not leading to a conviction I give you the famous case of OJ Simpson's murder trial. There was a lot of evidence pointing to guilt, but much of that evidence was collected by a racist policeman whose actions raised doubts with jurors. If the evidence used to convict is itself suspect, and the standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt," no conviction.

It's been said that the LAPD framed a guilty man, thus torpedoing a case they should have won.

Maybe, I used the wrong wording, the point I was trying to make is that there can be miscarriages of justice, which is why I don't want all rapists castrated.
I do know a Lady who was a victim of domestic abuse over twenty years ago, and she still suffers regular migraines as a result of what he did to her. She is still suffering, while he is free to live his life. She never got the justice that she deserved, and how many Women have suffered at his hands since?
Maitresse Yvette-Louise
(11-01-2017, 05:50 PM)Yvette-Louise Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 05:32 PM)ModeratorM Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 04:35 PM)Yvette-Louise wrote: Wrote: Men convicted of rape, where the evidence is solid, but doubt remains, and Men convicted of domestic abuse should serve a minimum of seventy five years.

Maybe, I used the wrong wording, the point I was trying to make is that there can be miscarriages of justice, which is why I don't want all rapists castrated.
I do know a Lady who was a victim of domestic abuse over twenty years ago, and she still suffers regular migraines as a result of what he did to her. She is still suffering, while he is free to live his life. She never got the justice that she deserved, and how many Women have suffered at his hands since?

No doubt you are correct about others suffering. The lasting harm the man did to yhoyur friend need  not have been any more criminal than what I did.

I have learned a lot and maintain excellent relationships with both ex-wives and girlfriends. They know I've changed.
Your obedient forum maid,

ModeratorM Cool