BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Petticoating girls?
With the rise of more masculine forms of dress I can't help but feel like girls are not enjoy the beauty of feminity more and more since dresses became jeans more and more.

I personally believe in girls up to 18 the same as I do boys. Peter pan collars, puffy sleeves, back buttonings, satin- lots of possibilities.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you love to see more girls in pretty dresses and tops? Would you or have you implemented this or know a story?
I agree with this I think its adorable. However I think its only needed in out of control girls like the cash me outside how buh dat girl
I completely disagree, though the presence of jeans is previlent, (the look is still feminine, guys don't wear jeans and high boots on the outside with blouses and infinity scarfs) girls still like to be and look feminine. Just take a look at the summer dresses in any boutique, or the prom gowns on most highschool girls. Femininity does evolve. But honestly it will never be masculine. And that will always divide the boys from the girls regardless of what is between their legs!
Heart Dreaming of a softer more loving caring and nurturing kind of world Heart
(02-19-2017, 01:04 AM)JoanieB Wrote: I completely disagree, though the presence of jeans is previlent, (the look is still feminine, guys don't wear jeans and high boots on the outside with blouses and infinity scarfs) girls still like to be and look feminine. Just take a look at the summer dresses in any boutique, or the prom gowns on most highschool girls. Femininity does evolve. But honestly it will never be masculine. And that will always divide the boys from the girls regardless of what is between their legs!

I think perhaps its different standards. Fashion is far, fsr less feminine than 50 years ago. I see most women when i go out in bulky coats, guy cut jeans, and plain tshirts. Nothing unique, or feminine. Its not the wearing of jeans that is feminine, but the type and what with, outfits as a whole, its not so bad for 20 some thing girls like myself, but what is seem online is just from those that put time and care in. Many wear guys clothes that I know.  Such a shame. Feminity i believe cannot suddenly massively change definition and push into masculine definitions. Feminity is the same, wearing a puff sleeve top is still feminine, and jogging bottoms masculine.
100% against this, girls should be wearing pants and playing sports. Boys are the ones who need to be put in frilly dresses and made to play with dolls. For 1000's of years girls were petticoated and plenty of them did not like it one bit. Over the years, I have encounter lots of girls who are being petticoated by their fathering demands that the wife and daughters dress girly. I helped some of these mothers empowered themselves and help turn the once meek docile daughters in strong young women. Some of my favorites petticoating cases include helping mothers gender reversed their children, the girls are freed from frilly dresses and get the wear pants and play sports, while the boys are the ones who get turned into docile little princesses.
100% according to you Radical Feminist, women dress us as we please, and not as men wish us to do. They are the ones who have to feminize their wardrobe to get them to please us. Every day they should go buying and wearing clothes with more vivid colors and more sensual fabrics.
I can see an advantage in dressing a brother and sister the same, but only if the girl is much younger than the boy.

I was put into my little sister's clothes as a child, and found it very humiliating.

As we got older, however, Lucy often chose jeans or shorts, while I was still in little girl style dresses.
I think this depends on the view you are taking.

If you are looking at "petticoating punishment" as just that, then I can see how this would work on older girls. None of them would want to be back in little girl style dresses etc once they reached a certain age.

However, if you see this in the wider context of patriarchy, then I can see RF's view in that it harks back to an older era when girls/women had to dress in a certain style, reinforcing certain stereotypes.
(02-19-2017, 08:50 AM)Brigitte Wrote: 100% according to you Radical Feminist, women dress us as we please, and not as men wish us to do. They are the ones who have to feminize their wardrobe to get them to please us. Every day they should go buying and wearing clothes with more vivid colors and more sensual fabrics.

Dam straight, women should dress and act as they want. Its important we raise the future generation of girls to be the empowered leaders of society.

(02-19-2017, 09:41 AM)Ali Wrote: I can see an advantage in dressing a brother and sister the same, but only if the girl is much younger than the boy.

I was put into my little sister's clothes as a child, and found it very humiliating.

As we got older, however, Lucy often chose jeans or shorts, while I was still in little girl style dresses.

Would love to hear more, how did it make you feel to be in little girl dresses while Lucy was given the freedom of jeans or shorts?

RF
I think you shouldnt petticoat most girls like I said previously just very bad ones and only as a punishment.