satban
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Humiliating outfits
I remember in the summer being put into nappies and baby knickers, and then a pair of girls' towelling shorts that were purposely too small - so the waistband of my knickers and nappy were clearly visible. And if the weather was nice I'd not be allowed a t-shirt, so everyone could see I had a nappy on.
There was one incident that I remember in particular. I wanted to be a cowboy for Halloween. My mother received a costume from our neighbor that she got for her son a few years back and didn't need any longer. It was a very colorful one piece clown suit, big red shoes, a blue wig and a big red nose. I thought i was too old for it and didn't want to wear it. I asked mom to get me a cowboy costume instead. My mother didn't want to waste money if we had a perfectly fine costume for me to wear already. On Halloween mom's best friend and her son (who was 5 and I was 11 at the time) came over to our house and from there we would all go trick or treating. I had no choice but to let mom dress me in the clown outfit and apply makeup to my face. Mom also blew up three balloons (blue, red and yellow) that she tied to my candy bucket. The other boy was dressed up as a fireman. I was very jealous of him. Together with our moms we went from door to door and I remember being insanely embarrassed about my humiliating costume.
What is it about moms of a certain era who never stopped to think about how their sons may feel about wearing a specific outfit? Was it deliberate or just a different age?
I think it was just a different age. Everyone seems to take much more notice of everyone's feelings now, which I suppose is a good thing, but I can't help thinking it's all gone a bit too far.

I do have to say, though, that being made to wear a clown outfit could have been a lot worse. I remember going out trick or treating one year with my mother and sister and another Mum and her two girls. I was undergoing a week of what my mother called 'petticoat punishment', and she contrived to 'happen' to suggest that all the children went as 'little devils'.

The outfits consisted of black leotards with pointy devil tails attached, black tights and Alice bands with flashing horns attached.

The girls loved their outfits, and thought it was hilarious that I'd been dressed the same.
(02-15-2017, 08:45 PM)Ali Wrote: I think it was just a different age. Everyone seems to take much more notice of everyone's feelings now, which I suppose is a good thing, but I can't help thinking it's all gone a bit too far.

I do have to say, though, that being made to wear a clown outfit could have been a lot worse. I remember going out trick or treating one year with my mother and sister and another Mum and her two girls. I was undergoing a week of what my mother called 'petticoat punishment', and she contrived to 'happen' to suggest that all the children went as 'little devils'.

The outfits consisted of black leotards with pointy devil tails attached, black tights and Alice bands with flashing horns attached.

The girls loved their outfits, and thought it was hilarious that I'd been dressed the same.

Surely they should have been red?   Smile

Did you have a pointy trident?
I guess we only had black. Red would probably have been even worse.

We didn't have tridents. Just bags to collect our sweets. I felt utterly ridiculous.
Were nappies involved Ali? That would have been even more embarrassing if you were wearing a leotard.
Not that time, no.

Having a nappy too would have been unbearable.
When I was 7 I asked mom if I could stay up and see the new year in with the older kids. It was agreed that if I dressed as the new year and brought it in then I could. I agreed not knowing what I had agreed to. At 11.45 pm mom took me into my bedroom to be changed into my costume. I was put into 3 terry diapers a pair of semi transparent plastic pants, white lace ankle socks, blue mary-jane shoes, a baby bonnet and a bib with 1980 (the new year) embroided on it.

I had to go outside (it was freezing) and knockon the door at 12 and sing happy new year in front of everyone. Talk about embarrising. Later my uncle Huew sat me on his lap and tickled me making me wet my diapers much to the amusment of the other children.
(02-25-2017, 11:57 PM)Poshkiduk Wrote: When I was 7 I asked mom if I could stay up and see the new year in with the older kids. It was agreed that if I dressed as the new year and brought it in then I could. I agreed not knowing what I had agreed to. At 11.45 pm mom took me into my bedroom to be changed into my costume. I was put into 3 terry diapers a pair of semi transparent plastic pants, white lace ankle socks, blue mary-jane shoes, a baby bonnet and a bib with 1980 (the new year) embroided on it.

I had to go outside (it was freezing) and knockon the door at 12 and sing happy new year in front of everyone. Talk about embarrising. Later my uncle Huew sat me on his lap and tickled me making me wet my diapers much to the amusment of the other children.

Wow wish things like that would have happened to me. The nearest I got to having a nappy put on me was when I was 5 and my adopted mother pretended to want to put a nappy on me. Only happened once and as we didn't get on very well, it was a sad time for me being abused mentally and physically. That was one of the first times I remember wanting to have a nappy, the other time was a year earlier when we visited the childrens nursing home that I was fostered from before being adopted. I was jealous of the other kids because when we sat down to eat, all the kids got a bib, but I didn't. Then I went to the toilet and on the radiator were plastic pants and nappy's. I so wanted on but couldn't and didn't dare to take one.

Now I'm in nappy's all the time at home with my Thai mummy. We are having a baby in a week for 2 weeks and he is going to have a full time nanny that we arranged for him. He has met her before, they like each other very much and we are happy for them both.