BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women's Studies
I have heard about boys being given assignments to research and write reports on famous women.

Agreed, when I read the collarspace profile I damn near had a heart attack. If I were a younger man I would have answered it enthusiastically. Hopefully that beautiful and incredible woman gets exactly what she wants.

But, remember...if something seems too good to be true, it usually is. I just hope Ms. Conception is indeed real.

Thanks for sharing.

(07-07-2017, 03:51 PM)GinaV Wrote: http://www.collarspace.com/default.asp?v=807812&bhcp=1
It has been quite a while since I posted on the topic of Womens' Studies. I have completed a book by Gloria Steinem, but have yet to final edit my review. However, recently I attended an all day symposium on Women's Health and Hygiene Early America. InClecluded in the topics were epidemics which could wipe out an entire family in an instant; Cleanliness and attitudes on bathing, water, etc.; Women as herbalist/practitioners and Midwifery. It was a wonderful experience and I got to interact with other attendees and discussed our own interest in antiquity as well as the topics of the Symposium. This is the kind of experience that sheds light on what is not told in the history books. It never ceases to amaze me how many diaries and accounts of experiences abound for researchers to discover what life was like in the eighteenth century.
I came across a link last week and just now thought to add it to this thread. "Overlooked" obits of Women who never had an obit. Special section in this Sunday's NYT. Very interesting bios.

http://wwd.com/business-news/media/the-n...202622996/
Although it is a nice profile, I can't help but feel it's fake. There are a lot of those around.

@Mugin - The profile was created at 01/26/09, and Last Online was 03/18/09. So almost 10 years ago.
I was just surfing around, minding my own business, when lo and behold on a site devoted to Female Led Relationships: Femdom Lifestyle contained an image of the frontpiece of a very old book entitled "Female Pre-eminence: Or the Dignity and Excellency of that Sex, above the Male." by Henry Cornelius Agrippa... 1670, London.

http://www.esotericarchives.com/agrippa/preem.htm

I searched the title and it can be read online. This title has risen to the top of my list of readings as my ongoing, self-directed, Womens Studies. Very difficult reading, but my intent is to read the entire volume. I should make a report to my friends at PDQ.
(08-03-2018, 02:56 PM)GinaV Wrote: I was just surfing around, minding my own business, when lo and behold on a site devoted to Female Led Relationships: Femdom Lifestyle contained  an image of the frontpiece of a very old book entitled "Female Pre-eminence: Or the Dignity and Excellency of that Sex, above the Male." by Henry Cornelius Agrippa... 1670, London.

http://www.esotericarchives.com/agrippa/preem.htm

I searched the title and it can be read online. This title has risen to the top of my list of readings as my ongoing, self-directed, Womens Studies. Very difficult reading, but my intent is to read the entire volume. I should make a report to my friends at PDQ.

The prose is indeed quite florid and prolix.  You can only plough through a page or so, before you need to come up for air.  We can only imagine how it went in its original Latin. 

Good luck with your efforts.  We avidly await your report.  
Let the "educating" begin.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Big Grin  I expect there’s not a lot they could teach you in Women’s Studies from what I’ve read, Michaela.  Big Grin
(12-19-2020, 01:27 PM)Girlygirl Wrote: Big Grin  I expect there’s not a lot they could teach you in Women’s Studies from what I’ve read, Michaela.  Big Grin
Possibly, Smile but each superior female offers their own brand of education. I agree with Gina V's comment about expanding one's intellect. Miss Conception is worth honoring here for her innovative approach, as is Gina V for bringing this type of woman to our attention and sharing her own thoughts.
Miss Conception's innovative way of educating a sissy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)