satban
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The lack of a successor and the inability to move on .
(11-06-2021, 11:47 AM)Bill Wrote: If everyone was to chip in it would work out about 12cents a month . With extra happy endings as well lol .

Do you know what the monthly/annual cost of the site is?
(11-04-2021, 06:54 PM)Bill Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 09:10 AM)wailer Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 12:45 PM)Bill Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 12:29 PM)wailer Wrote: I am actually volunteering to take on PDQF at least.
Do you have a way to sort out the estate and legal and financial and tech knowhow ?

The tech knowhow, yes, 30+ years in the field deploying large scale websites and transaction processing. Deploying on-prem, in co-los and on cloud services. Extensive experience with databases, web tech in general, programming etc etc.

The financial knowhow, the forum has captial expenditure required for the MyBB software and then operating expenditure for the servers.

The estate/legal knowhow, no, but this forum doesn't have to be hosted under the "petticoated.com" domain (which is the legal estate). I've dealt with estates in the past and have also dealt with lawyers and contracts and sales etc.

Is the executor of the estate aware of the forum (and the magazine/domain) and are they willing to either sell or otherwise dispose of it?

How much it is valued at is unclear.

Ideally, it would continue, but there's no reason why this forum can't be "frozen" and a new forum started.
Then contact Missgracie . She is in contact with the family . With all that experience you might just be able to take over . Would be fantastic if you were the guardian angel saviour of the sites or just site .
How do I contact her? I looked for her name in the members list and it wasn't there.

I have sent messages to ModeratorM as well. But I'm not aware of who is who currently.
Unfortunately, I haven't made as much progress with the forum as I would have liked. All the forum importing tools assume access to the forum database, which I do not have as I am not a forum administrator. The Discourse API also does not have a function allowing for back-dating posts, even as an administrator, which makes it unsuitable for importing posts. At this stage, I am considering whether it would be better to create a fixed archive of the existing posts and then create a new forum for new posts. Alternatively, I can continue to work on importing the old posts, but this will take longer as it would either require writing an importer in a language I'm unfamiliar with, or starting over with forum software I would find easier to develop an importer for, so it depends on how long this forum will be around for.

I would like to avoid the worst-case scenario where this forum goes down without a replacement, so it comes down to how long this forum has left, if it is still going away.
(11-10-2021, 01:09 PM)wailer Wrote: How do I contact her? I looked for her name in the members list and it wasn't there.

I have sent messages to ModeratorM as well. But I'm not aware of who is who currently.

Hi Wailer

See hereĀ Petticoat Discipline Quarterly Forum - Profile of missgracie (petticoated.com)

There is the facility to message or email missgracie

I did message you a few days back - do you know how to check messages? Little Icon in top right corner Smile
Mod on Chastity Mansion
Thank you for the update, guys. It is great to see there is work actively in progress.
If we can ditch this appalling software, I have considerable experience with SMF as an Admin on a forum with several hundred members but at present my main problem is time.
Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.
(11-16-2021, 05:45 AM)PauletteĀ theĀ Tart Wrote: If we can ditch this appalling software, I have considerable experience with SMF as an Admin on a forum with several hundred members but at present my main problem is time.

You're giving us hope!
Any updates with this??
God I hope youse are able to figure out a solution to keep this going!!