satban
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Women superior to men?
(07-21-2021, 06:21 AM)trisneill Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 11:57 PM)Yvette-Louise Wrote: This is a very interesting and thought provoking thread.

For what it's worth I believe that males and females are both equal, no gender has superiority over the other. Sadly the world does not share that opinion. When I read comments on here they always seem to refer to the western world. There are many girls in Asia and Africa who do not have an education for various reasons. I have stated many times on here that people's dreams of creating a world where females are in control will not happen until women have equality in all countries on this planet. Maybe we should spend more time  working on this and correcting this inbalance and less time fantasising on a women dominated world. After all female lives, where ever they may live, or what ever religion they may be are just as important as the lives of boys.

If every country on this planet had a female president/prime minister would the world really be a better place? My answer would be no. Why? Put simply women are human. Power corrupts, greed corrupts. There would still be wars, there would still be famine. No one would care about the climate or saving the animals that we share the planet with. All they would be interested in is looking after their own interests first, then their countries interests and then, just maybe they would have a half hearted attempt in trying to sort out the problems we have on this planet.

The UK has had two female prime ministers, neither of them have cared about advancing women's rights and neither of them made any special effort to do anything meaningful for women.

On the subject of empathy men are just as capable as showing kindness, understanding and empathy as much as women. If you were seriously ill and needed a doctor would you refuse treatment even if it meant you would die, if the doctor was a male, or a different skin colour, or a different religion? Of course you wouldn't.

Ellie Jean is correct when talking about suicide that men are more likely to take their own lives than women and very correct in saying men have to hide emotions. The stigma around this does need to be removed as every life is very precious. The problem is that we have created a world where men feel they are weak if they show emotion and that is so wrong. I would rather see a man cry and get help than see a grieving family struggle to understand why there son/brother/husband/father is no longer with them. 
Remember, it's OK not to feel OK.
i have been making a monthly donation to this worthy project called Because I Am a Girl for several years now...
https://plancanada.ca/becauseiamagirlproject/welcome
i related so much to the aims of this program because i am a gurl inside  [Image: heart.png]
Please check it out.
Curtsies,
tris

Well done trisneill. 
[quote pid='39507' dateline='1626820064']
Dear Ellie Jean

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your long and good argued reply to me.
That we don't agree, is not so important. At least not for me. 
Your reply has been thought provoking in the good way and not only for me, I think. Since my post has provoked you to write this interesting reply, something good came of it.

To begin with you accuse my mother of brainwashing, because she taught Ida and me of the superiority of girls as a given fact. You call it "behavior modification".
But doesn't all upbringing of children involve behavior modification?
Most parents try to convey their own values, religion or world view to their children and to teach them to behave properly in accordance to the rules of the society and the ideals of the parents.
Some parents do it to a lesser, other parents to a greater degree.
Where are we to draw the line between upbringing, including transmission of values, and brainwashing?
Our mother told Ida and me, that girls are superior to boys. That for you is brainwashing.
Your mother told you about "the finer points of gender equality", but that's not brainwashing?

To me, both our mothers just tried to convey their own understanding of the world to their children, which is a quite natural thing to do, and something that most parents through the ages have done, as a history interested person like you most certainly know.

It is interesting for me to notice, that you actually agree with me when I write, "that a woman generally is more emphatic, and because of her higher level of intelligence she is more thoughtful, she better understand other peoples needs and feelings, and therefore she is better to care for other people."
In an evolutionary perspective you explain it with the different roles of women and men in the Stone Age hunter gather tribes, where "men HAD to be stupid and narrow-minded, otherwise they would NOT have been able to fulfill their roles effectively" while "cavewomen evolved to become more empathetic, intelligent and communicative, because they NEEDED to be."
So it seems to me, that we agree in substance, although you don't want to speak of any gender superiority in connection with this, because your mother told you otherwise.

"It is simply NOT wired into male brains to send women or children into dangerous situations, because if anything happened to the women and children, the entire tribe could be wiped out."

Absolutely true, and I agree with your evolutionary explanation although I don't hesitate to admit, that girls are superior to boys (you can't deny that they are more mature), and that women in most respects on average are superior to us men. 
The citation above reminds me of the Titanic Disaster in 1912, where the old rule of "women and children first" to the lifeboats meant that men had to die so that women and children could live. Even boys as young as 14 or 15 year would be considered men.
But in our own individualistic and gender equality oriented time this consideration for women and children would probably not be taken. I know it, because we in the last two decades had two great ship disasters here in Scandinavia, and then there was no rule of "women and children first".

As said I believe you are right in stating, that the differences between the genders to a great extent have an evolutionary explanation, due to the fact, that human behavior was formed in the tribal Stone Age, by wide the longest period of human existence.
But in the human society of today - at least in the Western world - the more more empathetic, intelligent and communicative qualities of the average women are more in demand than the qualities that we men to a greater or lesser degree have inherited from our male Stone Age ancestors.
[/quote]
(07-21-2021, 06:56 PM)Tjeik Wrote: To begin with you accuse my mother of brainwashing, because she taught Ida and me of the superiority of girls as a given fact. You call it "behavior modification".
But doesn't all upbringing of children involve behavior modification?

Absolutely not. There is a huge difference between brainwashing and discipline. Brainwashing is used to warp peoples brains into thinking just like you do. Discipline is used to protect children. If my niece starts swearing at me for example, I'm going to spank her. NOT because I am offended by her insults or because I feel I am somehow better than she is, but for her OWN safety, because if she grows up thinking that she can talk like that to everyone she meets, she's going to end up saying the very WRONG thing to the very WRONG person, and that person is going to fucking KILL HER.

That's the difference between brainwashing and discipline. Brainwashing is used on kids to make yourself feel better. Discipline is used on kids to ensure that they can survive in the world as productive, confident, independent adults that won't get themselves locked up or killed.

A loving parent does NOT want their child to be just like them, they want to raise their child to be their OWN person; to think for themselves and make good choices in society. BALANCE is so crucial to this process. One can't just hammer a kid into shape with brainwashing tactics because the world simply won't make any sense to them when they finally head out on their own; they won't have the skills and independence to manage themselves in a healthy manner.

Children aren't just emotionless robots that you can program to think and act like you do, and discipline is most certainly not brainwashing. My parents and I are a great example; I don't agree with them on A LOT of things, but they're okay with that; it was never their goal to turn me into a little carbon copy of them; they raised me to be my own person; they allowed me to make mistakes and get myself hurt, and let me learn vital lessons from the mistakes I made. Being a parent is like being a gardener. The gardner comes out on occasion to make sure the plants are watered, that they're getting enough sunlight, and that pests haven't began infesting the crop. But then the gardner steps away again, until a later time. The gardner can't keep away indefinitely though, otherwise the plants will die from lack of care. Likewise, the gardner can't step in too much, otherwise they may risk crowding them, smothering them, or overwatering them, causing them to die from the gardner's interference.

The gardner must be a master of knowing when to step in...and when to step out, and let nature carry on with her work; letting the plants grow on their own time.

Parents should be like gardners. Most are not though, which is why I'm an advocate of Licenses to Parent; if it were up to me, potential parents would have to actually take some classes and learn how to be a parent before they can be given a license that says they can have kids and are fit and sound enough to raise a human being lmao.

(07-21-2021, 06:56 PM)Tjeik Wrote: Most parents try to convey their own values, religion or world view to their children and to teach them.......the ideals of the parents.

PRECISELY why I feel most parents should have to take a parenting class and get a fucking license lmao. XD

(07-21-2021, 06:56 PM)Tjeik Wrote: Some parents do it to a lesser, other parents to a greater degree.

The ones who do it to the lesser degree are the ones who have the healthiest idea lol.

(07-21-2021, 06:56 PM)Tjeik Wrote: Where are we to draw the line between upbringing, including transmission of values, and brainwashing?

With a friggin' Licensing Program lmao. XD

In all seriousness, the line is already pretty clear; all you have to do is read the dictionary.

Brainwashing: noun: a method for systematically changing attitudes or altering beliefs, originated in totalitarian countries, especially through the use of torture, drugs, or psychological-stress techniques.

Discipline: noun: the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience.

What's the difference? Easy.
Brainwashing is about CHANGING people, and involves ABUSE.
Discipline is about TEACHING people, and involves GUIDANCE.

Brainwashing is not discipline; brainwashing is used for ones OWN benefit; i.e. you WANT them to think like you.
Discipline is not brainwshing; discipline is used for OTHERS benefit; i.e. They NEED to survive on their own.

(07-21-2021, 06:56 PM)Tjeik Wrote: Our mother told Ida and me, that girls are superior to boys. That for you is brainwashing.

Actually no; the forceful petticoating and humiliation FOLLOWED by the gaslighting is. Gaslighting is basically when someone tells something that isn't true with the aims of controlling them. It's lying basically, specifically to make the victim doubt themselves, their own thoughts, their sense of self, and even their own reality and sanity, all in an effort to make them dependent on the abuser who is gaslighting them. The Disney movie "Tangled" shows a great example of a brainwashing and gaslighting dynamic between Rapunzel and Gothel. (I've had years and years of psychotherapy; I kinda know my stuff lmao. XD)

(07-21-2021, 06:56 PM)Tjeik Wrote: Your mother told you about "the finer points of gender equality", but that's not brainwashing?

It's not; but I can understand way you may have mistaken what I had actually said for what you mistakenly quoted here lol. I never said my mother told me about the finer points of gender equality lol. XD

What I actually said was that my mother TAUGHT me the finer points of gender equality, (that's a crucial distinction lol). You see, if she had simply TOLD me that genders were equal, I wouldn't have actually LEARNED anything about gender equality. All I would know is that my mother told me the genders were equal, I wouldn't know the WHY of it all, THAT is the real lesson to be learned. You can't teach people things by trying to force it down their throats though. Human beings just don't work like that, so no: My mother NEVER told me that the genders were equal. Instead, she SHOWED me gender equality, over the course of many, many years. It was a lesson that I LEARNED all on my own, even though it was an innate value of my mother. She never INSISTED that I believe the way she does. That's another vital difference between discipline and brainwashing.

(07-21-2021, 06:56 PM)Tjeik Wrote: To me, both our mothers just tried to convey their own understanding of the world to their children, which is a quite natural thing to do, and something that most parents through the ages have done, as a history interested person like you most certainly know.

Perhaps, but there is a right way and a wrong way to teach somebody something, and if someone who has been brainwashed, (as I suspect your mother probably was, seeing as she joined a cult), in turn tries to use the same brainwashing and gaslighting tactics on their child, they won't have any actual UNDERSTANDING of the lessons because it has never been SHOWN to them the WHY of it all. The reason it hasn't been shown to you WHY women are superior, (an assumption based off the fact that even into adulthood you're still debating whether or not it's true lol,) is in fact very simple: It's because they're NOT. It was impossible for your mother to use actual discipline to teach you the lesson she wanted you to learn, because the lesson she wanted you to learn was FALSE, even if she herself BELIEVED it to be true as the result of her own brainwashing.

(07-21-2021, 06:56 PM)Tjeik Wrote: It is interesting for me to notice, that you actually agree with me when I write, "that a woman generally is more emphatic, and because of her higher level of intelligence she is more thoughtful, she better understand other peoples needs and feelings, and therefore she is better to care for other people."

In an evolutionary perspective you explain it with the different roles of women and men in the Stone Age hunter gather tribes, where "men HAD to be stupid and narrow-minded, otherwise they would NOT have been able to fulfill their roles effectively" while "cavewomen evolved to become more empathetic, intelligent and communicative, because they NEEDED to be." So it seems to me, that we agree in substance, although you don't want to speak of any gender superiority in connection with this, because your mother told you otherwise.

NOT because my mother told me otherwise; as I mentioned earlier in this post. Because she SHOWED me that gender superiority is false. Intelligence alone does not make someone more superior than another in their group who fulfills an EQUALLY important role. BOTH genders are SUPERIOR in regards to their evolutionary roles; when BOTH genders are superior, NEITHER is. It's the same adage taught in Pixar's "Incredibles" movie: "When everyone's super, nobody is."

(07-21-2021, 06:56 PM)Tjeik Wrote: Absolutely true, and I agree with your evolutionary explanation although I don't hesitate to admit, that girls are superior to boys (you can't deny that they are more mature), and that women in most respects on average are superior to us men.

I can't deny that, ON AVERAGE, women are more emotionally mature than men. (Men can't afford to process emotions the same way a woman does.)

But I CAN deny that their maturity has ANYTHING to do with any kind of inferiority, OR superiority. It does not. It is simply a part of who they are, and they have NO CHOICE in the matter anymore than men can suddenly decide to think and act just like women. NONE of us have any say in who we are born as, or as what gender, or with what genes, hair color, and eye color. Therefore, because none of us have any say, in anything at all in the entire Universe, for that matter, none of us has any room at all to tell BILLIONS of people, "I am superior to you! Because of my GENDER!" lmao. That is in fact an IMMATURE and childish attitude that dates all the way back to the playground and a pile of dirt where human offspring enjoy the prepubescent game of "King of the Hill" lmao. XD

It's juvenile lol. XD

(07-21-2021, 06:56 PM)Tjeik Wrote: The citation above reminds me of the Titanic Disaster in 1912, where the old rule of "women and children first" to the lifeboats meant that men had to die so that women and children could live. Even boys as young as 14 or 15 year would be considered men.

And I could easily twist that to mean that men are superior, but it doesn't lmao. It's simply the evolutionary biological purpose of men. (Although I WOULD classify fourteen and fifteen year old boys as children; not men lol.

(07-21-2021, 06:56 PM)Tjeik Wrote: But in our own individualistic and gender equality oriented time this consideration for women and children would probably not be taken. I know it, because we in the last two decades had two great ship disasters here in Scandinavia, and then there was no rule of "women and children first".

Dang; sorry to hear about those ship disasters. What were the circumstances? o.O

At least here in America, despite believing, (for the most part), in gender equality, we still have the rule of "women, children, and elderly" first when evacuating buildings or towns during a fire. (I was a firefighter for years; that's how we did it.) Mostly because the women, children, and elderly weren't as strong or tough as men ages 18-50. Most of them already got themselves out anyway; often times with a series of women, children and elderly in tow, lol. That's just BASIC male instinct based on our stone age upbringing; males are biological protectors and providers; most of us wouldn't even think about it; it's just a knee-jerk reaction; an unconscious reflex lol.

(07-21-2021, 06:56 PM)Tjeik Wrote: As said I believe you are right in stating, that the differences between the genders to a great extent have an evolutionary explanation, due to the fact, that human behavior was formed in the tribal Stone Age, by wide the longest period of human existence.

Indeed; there was never any kind of choice at all; it's simply who we as men and women are deep down on a genetic level. That is the great unifier. The thing that unites us all; our collective lack of freedom of choice in anything. In that, we are all EQUAL. None of us can really be BLAMED for anything at all, anymore than any of us can claim to take CREDIT for anything. Nobody can be blamed; nobody can be responsible, therefore, NOBODY is "superior" or "inferior" to anybody else.

Those are stupid fucking manmade concepts of an exceedingly paradoxical and primitive nature lmao. XD

(07-21-2021, 06:56 PM)Tjeik Wrote: But in the human society of today - at least in the Western world - the more more empathetic, intelligent and communicative qualities of the average women are more in demand than the qualities that we men to a greater or lesser degree have inherited from our male Stone Age ancestors.

Wrong; the qualities of women are not in MORE demand than the qualities of men. You think that modern times are any different than our stone age past? It's not lol. Sure, we have new toys, but our innate, basic human nature is STILL exactly the same as it was when we were cave people.

We still fight over resources. We still lift each other up when disaster strikes. We still punish criminals for hurting people. We still compete for dominance in the workplace. We still hug and cry with each other. We still push forward to explore new lands. We still dance and drink and party. We still love and hate one another.

Which of these do you think would change if women were to take unilateral control over the world???

....Not a single goddamn thing.

Because contrary to radical feminism, women are still human beings. They are not infallible. There would STILL be wars. There would STILL be hatred. Their would STILL be competition. Et cetera...et cetera.

And there's not a damn thing you or anyone else can do in the entire Universe to change that.

Because PHYSICS and BIOLOGY lol. XD

*drops the mic* Lmao  Tongue
You seem to be a rather angry person
(07-22-2021, 10:07 AM)Bonzodoug Wrote: You seem to be a rather angry person

Meh; I have a lot of emotions lol.  Tongue