ande.banner
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Pandemic Status?
How the hell is the world doing in regards to the pandemic? Is this shit over with now or what? How the hell can anybody even really know? Different sources all say different things and flip flop back and forth; I dunno who the fuck to believe anymore. Just really looking forward to the world finally going back to normal so that I can stop being constantly reminded of my engine boss who died from COVID-19 last year. ...It was quite a shock; still kinda fucked up over it. We ran into hellfire together so many times I guess I just sorta figured he'd never die lol. He was in his 60's; chainsmoker and a pothead with high blood pressure, regularly running into wildfires lmao...

If there were an afterlife he'd be kicking the shit outta himself; laughing his ass off at everything he'd been through and survived only to be taken down by a microscopic bug lol.

....Sigh. ...Life sucks. Sad
(07-17-2021, 04:34 AM)Ellie Jean Wrote: How the hell is the world doing in regards to the pandemic? Is this shit over with now or what? How the hell can anybody even really know? Different sources all say different things and flip flop back and forth; I dunno who the fuck to believe anymore. Just really looking forward to the world finally going back to normal so that I can stop being constantly reminded of my engine boss who died from COVID-19 last year. ...It was quite a shock; still kinda fucked up over it. We ran into hellfire together so many times I guess I just sorta figured he'd never die lol. He was in his 60's; chainsmoker and a pothead with high blood pressure, regularly running into wildfires lmao...

If there were an afterlife he'd be kicking the shit outta himself; laughing his ass off at everything he'd been through and survived only to be taken down by a microscopic bug lol.

....Sigh. ...Life sucks. Sad

Hi there. I am sorry for your loss, COVID was real thing and it was a dreadful burden to all of us. I am a registered nurse and I can’t even being to share some of things I saw the last year and a half that involved COVID. 
The best thing right now, whether some of us choose to believe it or not, is to get the vaccine. I know some countries are struggling to get enough doses, and if you are in one of those areas, my professional advice would be to continue practicing social distancing and wear a mask.  They do help.
Take care,

Val.
-Valerie   Heart
(07-17-2021, 06:07 AM)v-villanueva Wrote: The best thing right now, whether some of us choose to believe it or not, is to get the vaccine. I know some countries are struggling to get enough doses, and if you are in one of those areas, my professional advice would be to continue practicing social distancing and wear a mask.  They do help.
Take care,

Val.

Social distancing shouldn't be a problem for me; I've been socially distant yeeears before it became cool lol. Super bad social anxiety disorder; sometimes I don't leave the house for weeks. Autism makes going outside even worse. I'm pretty much a recluse.

Personally I don't want to risk getting the vaccine because my mom is 70 years old with a plethora of health problems; we live in a tiny house together and if I got sick because of a faulty vaccine, and she contracted it and died because of it, I'd never forgive myself, and something in my brain might snap and I could go on killing spree of vengeance lmao. XD Sooooo yeah, not even gonna risk it; there's too much convoluted information combined with poor leadership and communication; in firefighting, that's actually a "Watch-Out Situation" listed on the back of our IRPGs lmao. Like being deployed in a region you've never seen in the daylight before. Best to just find a pond, lake, river, or rock formation to build camp at and wait for the dawn; it's just not worth the risk trying to navigate vast distances in the dark in a place you've never been before; the reason it's an official rule now is because one or more firefighters got themselves killed or lost because of that seemingly simple mistake. In regards to COVID-19 and the vaccines, immunity, variants, masks, misinformation and political propaganda, the instructions are not clear or understood to me; it's like being stuck on a mountain that's full of rocks while trying to communicate with your teammates on the other side of the mountain; your radio transmissions are going to be garbled and glitchy, with different channels bleeding through into each other because of interference from the rocks layered throughout the hillside. That is a PERFECT firefighter analogy for what's going on right now lmao. XD

....But yeah...anyhoo...no father or siblings with us fortunately; we left them back in the arctic lol; currently we're in North West Montana; COVID-19 is pretty much done in our area; thinking the start of 2020 was the worst for us in these parts; we were somewhat protected by the mountains in the Flathead Valley; not a whole lot of warning because all the media outlets were focusing on impeaching Donald Trump for a fucking phone call. Mom and I got super sick; mom almost had to go to the hospital. I was bedridden for a week with a fever; I remember thinking that it was super weird; I almost never get sick; I credit playing in the mud as a little kid for my strong immune system lol. Kids are too sheltered these days. XD

Masks are definitely a no-go for me personally; I have allergies and panic attacks. Plus I touch my face way too much as it is without a face-diaper restricting my breathing and pulling on my ears and making me all sweaty and itchy and yeahhh, fuck that lol.

I'm thinking the pandemic is just about over in the US. But again, I have no way of knowing for sure because I have no idea what information is real and what information is just made up bullshit funded by politicians who love all the extra power they have over their cities. I and millions of other people have been being lied to about numerous things over the past 5 years; it's no wonder people are starting to lose trust in the System lol.

...But that could just be my hippie genes talking, (mom was a founding mother of the movement back in the sixties lol; dad was a drunken narcissistic sailor; he proposed to her the first time they met in a bar together. Love at first sip lmao. God I hope he dies soon. ...Mom could use the life insurance money lmao; he TOTALLY screwed her over in the divorce, grrrr. > : (