BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valentine's Day as a Family (with parents & children)
If your 9-year old kid asked you a question about why Valentine's Day is mostly for couples? What would you guys answer? Because in our town mostly couples celebrate this Day (not normalize among families).

One of my friends who lives in LA celebrates this day with her parents and pets. She decorates her dog's house with roses and gives presents to her parents and have dinner with them.
(01-27-2021, 06:24 AM)juliadavid Wrote: If your 9-year old kid asked you a question about why Valentine's Day is mostly for couples? What would you guys answer? Because in our town mostly couples celebrate this Day (not normalize among families).

One of my friends who lives in LA celebrates this day with her parents and pets. She decorates her dog's house with roses and gives presents to her parents and have dinner with them.

That is the most beautiful thing I have read so far this year, considering what the world is going through. She must he sweetest little girl in the neighbourhood.
Thanks juliadavid. That’s lovely to know.
To my mind it is another of those things that can be put down largely to social construct. Prior to the legalisation of homosexuality it was probably even more ‘dynamic restrictive’ than it is today so it is encouraging that many are adapting the event to their own lifestyles and values.  Smile