BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Housekeeping
Growing up, my mother, a real estate agent, gave my two older sisters and I housekeeping chores since she was generally working on the weekends. She would alternate them so we each did each chore periodically. My oldest sister also did housekeeping chores for the neighbor lady for some extra money. When she left home, my other sister assumed those duties. She and I then split the housekeeping chores in our home. When my other sister left home, that left only me. At 16, I assumed all the housekeeping chores in our home. 

To my surprise, the neighbor lady also assumed I would replace my sister and do her housekeeping. When she stopped by and asked, I hesitated. I made up an excuse that I was planning on trying out for sports and wouldn't have time. She looked shocked but sort of smiled and said, oh don't do that, you're too delicate, you might get hurt. It was clear she didn't believe me. I then felt guilty for lying, so I agreed to do her housework. I followed her back to her house. She pointed to a full length apron on a hook and said it was the apron my sisters always wore. It was pink with ruffled trim. She then handed it to me. I couldn't muster the courage to say no, so I took it, and put it on. She tied the bow in the back for me and then smiled. I was expected to wear it every time I did her housework. My hair was long so she gave me a ruffled scrunchie to pull my hair back into a pony tail, to keep it out of the way. While other kids at school were searching for part-time jobs, I had mine already, as a housekeeper.

Whenever I saw myself in the mirror wearing that apron with my hair in a pony tail, I felt girly. Wearing shorts, it almost looked like I was wearing a dress. I always wondered if she thought I should be wearing a dress. I'm sure now that I would have, had she asked.
What a lovely story; I’m sure the lady was very appreciative. Interesting to think that what you took away from wearing the apron and scrunchie was probably very different from what she felt the purpose to be.  Big Grin
Lovely story. The neighbour lady had your best interest at heart
(10-17-2020, 09:40 PM)Girlygirl Wrote: What a lovely story; I’m sure the lady was very appreciative. Interesting to think that what you took away from wearing the apron and scrunchie was probably very different from what she felt the purpose to be.  Big Grin

No, I think she knew there was a dual purpose and meaning. She lived next door for years and I'm sure she saw me as a little effeminate submissive boy.

(10-17-2020, 09:51 PM)afp Wrote: Lovely story.  The neighbour lady had your best interest at heart

I think she thought so. She was sad and nervous for me when I moved away. I think she felt I wouldn't grow up to be a man and was destined to be a sissy.
Following the proper path in life

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can one even do housework without dresses, aprons and heels?  Wink 

Mind you, the person whose mother had her doing the gardening wearing a secretary uniform earlier this year perhaps isn’t one to judge.  Big Grin