BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gucci dresses for men
While not exactly mainstream at these prices, how nice to see a fashion brand selling dresses for men!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/128336...s-for-men/

If they're truly trying to disrupt "toxic stereotype that mold [sic] masculine gender identity" perhaps they should have suggested wearing the dresses with frilly panties and stockings, rather than grungy ripped jeans.

And I'm not quite sure why the model looks so miserable! Maybe it's 'cool' to look like that. I must admit I don't know much about looking 'cool'.
It’s a great start, more sizes, colours and eventually worn as Ali suggests, perfect!
It’s brilliant to see, Ali. Obviously, crossdressing stores which sell dresses for men are nothing new but if we are to get them to be accepted by the masses, we need more of this.
It's hard to see dresses for men catching on to any great extent when they're over a thousand pounds a pop! And, personally, I don't think this one is especially nice. It's okay, and I quite like the ribbon, but I don't think it's anything special.

If dresses for men are to become more popular they need to be sold by more mainstream retailers like M&S, or Next, maybe even the supermarkets.

While we all like frilly feminine dresses, what type of dress do you think might appeal to more men from the pics below? I don't mean "which dress would you like to wear (!), I mean which one do you think would be most popular with men?

The denim dress would me most acceptable I believe as it’s very close to something they’d be used to wearing.
I could wear any of those, Ali but I suppose I am initially drawn to the pink one just because it’s... pink. I think men though would be more inclined as afp says for something more casual like denim. Certainly, to start with the more masculine look dresses and gradually femme them up for posher occasions would seem a sensible strategy. 

I take your point regarding these retailers but if course at one time they wouldn’t have sold trousers for women either, so there’s always room (fingers crossed) for progress. 

Added to which, online purchases are fast becoming the norm so hopefully the presence of dresses for men already featured there will gradually filter in to the offerings by the big names.
I agree - I think the denim dress would be best accepted. It's kind of like a long shirt, so the only thing men would have to get over is not wearing trousers or shorts with it.

If it were me I'd be happy to wear tights with that kind of dress, but as I said before, it's not about what we think!
Girlygirl, I totally think the same as you there.

Ali, I think most men would be happy wearing the tights with the denim dress because it’s not far from some of the leggings and jeans currently worn by men and of course allot of boys and young men wear compression tights under their shorts playing football and of course there’s Lycra cycling trousers the men wear too, would then be easy to suggest to do ditch the leg coverings (“pants/shorts”) on a warm day with your lovely boys/men’s dress.
I think if you were to offer a man a choice between tights and flats or knee high socks and Mary Jane shoes, the answer would more often than not be in favour of the former.  Big Grin
(10-04-2020, 05:02 PM)afp Wrote: Girlygirl, I totally think the same as you there.

Ali, I think most men would be happy wearing the tights with the denim dress because it’s not far from some of the leggings and jeans currently worn by men and of course allot of boys and young men wear compression tights under their shorts playing football and of course there’s Lycra cycling trousers the men wear too, would then be easy to suggest to do ditch the leg coverings (“pants/shorts”) on a warm day with your lovely  boys/men’s dress.

Your point about tights is a good one. I have completely vanilla friends who wear "running tights" with no sense of embarrassment. I also know some guys who do a lot of hiking who wear women's tights under their trousers.

It's a small step...