ande.banner
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An academic reflection on petticoating
Women studies or gender studies should be made mandatory at all colleges around the world.  i remember 25 years ago i took a gender studies class at college, thinking i could meet women and get an easy A. However the teacher would literally reduce my grade on papers when i used 'he' or 'him' or used 'man' where i could have used She, Her, and either Woman or person.  by the end of the class i was actually using Female pronouns.  males are easy to train, but we do need training.
You and I could be good friends, Emily. I have lost count of the number of times I have advocated for a Gender Studies programme on these boards. Not only would it introduce people to beneficial experiences that they wouldn’t encounter otherwise, but society would benefit from them encountering experiences they would previously have considered exposure to.
(09-23-2020, 05:08 PM)Girlygirl Wrote: You and I could be good friends, Emily. I have lost count of the number of times I have advocated for a Gender Studies programme on these boards. Not only would it introduce people to beneficial experiences that they wouldn’t encounter otherwise, but society would benefit from them encountering experiences they would previously have considered exposure to.

I would also back this (indeed I did a module of gender studies during my higher education!)
Read my story here: Part one, two
(09-23-2020, 06:38 PM)SissyGoesSplat Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 05:08 PM)Girlygirl Wrote: You and I could be good friends, Emily. I have lost count of the number of times I have advocated for a Gender Studies programme on these boards. Not only would it introduce people to beneficial experiences that they wouldn’t encounter otherwise, but society would benefit from them encountering experiences they would previously have considered exposure to.

I would also back this (indeed I did a module of gender studies during my higher education!)

I suspect the makeup of a gender studies module designed by myself and RadFem would be rather different to the one you did...
Petticoatees and male members should address me as Miss Kristen or Ma'am. 

I chat on the Trillian messenger. Username: Miss_Kristen

Do tell, Miss Kristen. How would you approach a Gender Studies Policy?
(09-23-2020, 06:56 PM)Girlygirl Wrote: Do tell, Miss Kristen. How would you approach a Gender Studies Policy?

There would certainly be a unit on male inferiority and how it can manifest in violent or boisterous behaviours if not addressed correctly...

The course would be open to females during their secondary school years, but I fear it would be beyond the grasp of males until they reach university.

I recall coming up with an idea for Society Modification back in my very first post in February. While it is somewhat more extreme than what I tend to refer to as a Gender Studies policy, it might go some way to explaining my own ideas on this front. 

My basic premise is as follows:

Petticoating should be introduced for everyone and operated on three levels:

Dress: everyone whether boy or girl should have to start being confined only to dresses. Think of this like letting a baby wear pants before they had managed to control their nappies. Everyone should have to then pass a form of exam or practical observation. At this stage it might be the ability to frolic without showing one’s knickers or to skip rope. Only once they have shown that they’ve mastered being girly should they progress to stage 2.

Skirt: this would occur at a more adult level and would involve mastering feminine skills such as doing and maintaining makeup, wearing high heels etc. A test at this level might revolve around the ability to walk 10000 steps in high heels orsuccessfully doing and maintaining makeup for a week.

I have come to the realisation that masculinity is dangerous and only those able to show the docility and gracefulness to hide their knickers in a dress, smooth out the hemline of a skirt and mince in high heels should be trusted to engage in it.

Furthermore, we‚Äôre it to become apparent later that a ‚Äėtrouser graduate‚Äô¬†was not mature enough - they had broken the rules, they should be relegated back into skirts for a period of time, skirt graduates returned to dresses and anyone breaking the rules at that stage reverted to nappies. This should apply to tomboys who need a bit more ‚Äėfrolic therapy‚Äô just as it should macho men.

I know many of you might wonder why I would apply this to females as well. We all agree that they are the dominant gender but I just wonder to what extent their ability to adopt such tender mannerisms makes them so and would not want them to be corrupted by losing these skills. At the end of the day if we are might the women would end up in the pants and the males in skirts or dresses naturally.

I also believe that refresher lessons would be useful to maintain this doctrine so a trouser graduate may have to return to dresses and nappies for a period of one week to remind them of where they’ve come from - if a messy nappy is good for a baby it should be good for us on occasion.
(09-23-2020, 07:05 PM)Girlygirl Wrote: I recall coming up with an idea for Society Modification back in my very first post in February. While it is somewhat more extreme than what I tend to refer to as a Gender Studies policy, it might go some way to explaining my own ideas on this front. 

My basic premise is as follows:

Petticoating should be introduced for everyone and operated on three levels:

Dress: everyone whether boy or girl should have to start being confined only to dresses. Think of this like letting a baby wear pants before they had managed to control their nappies. Everyone should have to then pass a form of exam or practical observation. At this stage it might be the ability to frolic without showing one’s knickers or to skip rope. Only once they have shown that they’ve mastered being girly should they progress to stage 2.

Skirt: this would occur at a more adult level and would involve mastering feminine skills such as doing and maintaining makeup, wearing high heels etc. A test at this level might revolve around the ability to walk 10000 steps in high heels orsuccessfully doing and maintaining makeup for a week.

I have come to the realisation that masculinity is dangerous and only those able to show the docility and gracefulness to hide their knickers in a dress, smooth out the hemline of a skirt and mince in high heels should be trusted to engage in it.

Furthermore, we‚Äôre it to become apparent later that a ‚Äėtrouser graduate‚Äô¬†was not mature enough - they had broken the rules, they should be relegated back into skirts for a period of time, skirt graduates returned to dresses and anyone breaking the rules at that stage reverted to nappies. This should apply to tomboys who need a bit more ‚Äėfrolic therapy‚Äô just as it should macho men.

I know many of you might wonder why I would apply this to females as well. We all agree that they are the dominant gender but I just wonder to what extent their ability to adopt such tender mannerisms makes them so and would not want them to be corrupted by losing these skills. At the end of the day if we are might the women would end up in the pants and the males in skirts or dresses naturally.

I also believe that refresher lessons would be useful to maintain this doctrine so a trouser graduate may have to return to dresses and nappies for a period of one week to remind them of where they’ve come from - if a messy nappy is good for a baby it should be good for us on occasion.

This is a fascinating and persuasive argument. I particularly like the idea of this nappy week, which I would probably make compulsory for all males.

Thank you, Miss Kristen. It is an honour for my thesis to receive such commendation from a petticoating connoisseur of your stature.
another thought is to have everyone, including male students, volunteer at local women shelters to earn xx credits for graduation.  Also for english/writing class at any grade level students will have to write a paper on how women have been marginalized in the past and part of that would include highlighting a woman that you would consider a role model and provide a reason why.  This would be a soft approach to having boys/males understand what women have gone through and to start thinking of women as role models and authority figures.  in advanced grades lessons could include gender studies where boys would have to wear female clothes for a day or week and write about their experiences including biases against them, bullying, name calling which would then make even the most common alpha male have more empathy for women.  It really is quite easy but it takes strong female leadership to start the ball rolling.