satban
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An academic reflection on petticoating
"even as someone with professional intent"

What are your professional qualifications?  Are you a psychologist or psychiatrist?
Always in strict uniform
(09-14-2020, 11:49 PM)rubberpinafore Wrote: "even as someone with professional intent"

What are your professional qualifications?  Are you a psychologist or psychiatrist?

I am a post-graduate sociologist - perhaps academic would have been more accurate than professional!

What I meant on this particular occasion was that, even though I was there for work reasons, I still found this incident very amusing.
Petticoatees and male members should address me as Miss Kristen or Ma'am. 

I chat on the Trillian messenger. Username: Miss_Kristen

(09-14-2020, 09:33 AM)Kristen Wrote: As a radical feminist fascinated by petticoating, one of the thing that interests me is just how many 'oh so reluctant' young petticoatees end up being petticoated throughout their adult life too.

A couple of years ago when I was considering looking into this from a social science interview, I was lucky enough to do a very interesting interview with a 40-something man who was in a long-term relationship incorporating petticoat discipline.

Meeting the couple at their house I was able to get a first-hand look at what this actually involved (although I will admit that - even as someone with professional intent - I struggled to contain my surprise/amusement when I was greeted by a grown man wearing a pink satin french maid outfit...)

Once his wife had given him permission to speak openly and candidly with me, the man told me all about his childhood in a petticoating household where he was reluctant made to wear all manner of effeminate, humiliating or downright infantilising things.

Despite hopes the petticoating regime might end when he reached legal adulthood, he was given the news a few weeks before his 18th birthday that his petticoating would extend to age 21 after all. He says he remembers throwing quite the tantrum (again, I admit I found this image particularly amusing - and demonstrative of the emotional immaturity of men generally...)

He had met his future wife -the daughter of a family friend - at age 20, and - to cut a long story short - his mother had cleverly ensured she was broad up to speed with his petticoating regime. So impressed with this revolutionary behavioural modification technique, his future wife had come to the decision that continued petticoating (albeit on a part time basis) would be part of their relationship.

Of course had his mother not taken that surprise decision to extend his pettiocating at age 18, it would have been unlikely his future wife would have found out about it - and even less likely that she would have insisted on being a part of it. And he certainly wouldn't have found himself explaining his satin french maid outfit to a curious sociology graduate. On that level, it is rather funny how things turn out!

By the end of our chat, he had relaxed entirely and was happily chatting away despite the slightly surreal scenario. Just before the end, his wife reentered the room, at which point he snapped back into more obedient mode. It was fascinating to observe the difference, and the subtle potency of genuine female authority.

Fortunately for me, his wife couldn't resist having a little bit of fun putting him on the spot with a question about whether he needed a nappy change. Though the question seemed to be entirely routine, I suspect the experience of having to answer it in front of a younger woman might have made it slightly more novel - and he blushed bright red.

"Oh don't let me get in the way - I can head off now, if he needs changing..." I said casually to the wife, deciding to compound his embarrassment further by acting as if he really were an infant. At this point, the poor man seemed to be almost incapacitated with embarrassment, as he assured his wife he had managed to keep his nappy dry. He could hardly look me in the eye after that!

Perhaps one day I will dig out the full interview again but it certainly served me to exacerbate my interest in this unique disciplinary practice.

Thank you for your insights, Miss Kristen.

As a very reluctant petticoatee from the age of six, being put into my little sister's knicker for a spanking initially, then being made to keep her knickers on, then being put into her dresses and skirts before being bought my own, and eventually being dressed as a girl even younger than Lucy (and nappies and baby clothes too), I feel I have the experience to comment.

Of course I hated being dressed as a little girl, and especially as a baby girl. Over time, however, I adopted a position of pretending to enjoy my girly clothes. As I got to 12 or 13 the pretence of enjoying it slowly turned to actually enjoying it. I first went out dressed as a girl of my own volition at the age of 14.

I still found it humiliating, and to some extent still do, but I came to enjoy the humiliation. Does that make sense?

I'm sure my mother pushed the humiliation aspect of my punishment, as she made me wear increasingly humiliating outfits. I can completely relate to the humiliation the husband experienced in your tale. When I had a nappy on under my dress, and obviously hoped that no-one would notice, my mother would often insist on checking my nappy to see if I'd wet myself. When this happened in front of anyone, and it happened in front of family members like my aunt, but also in front of my sister's friends occasionally, it was almost unbearably humiliating.

So I think I reached my 'point A' a lot earlier than many other sissies. When I went to secondary school at the age of 11 I hoped that my humiliating punishments would end, but they didn't, and I came to accept my fate shortly afterwards.

I now love dressing as a female most of the time, and still enjoy the humiliation of being seen in my most sissyish outfits, like my schoolgirl or maid's uniform, or even my baby clothes, when I'm with like-minded friends.
I have said so before on this forum but think it worth mentioning again that the frequency with which one undergoes petticoating and the creation of circumstances by which one benefits more from embracing their femininity than trying to ride out a petticoating or punishment period (as was the case for me when petticoating became a permanent state of affairs aged 18), the greater the correlation of a male actually enjoying and even preferring their feminine side.
What a wonderful introduction you had to the petticoat discipline of the submissive male. Clearly, this served as a catalyst for your continued interest and it would seem adherence to petticoating. 18 is such an important year in a person's life and I'm sure he looked forward to some independence, freedom and perhaps the opportunity to "hang out with the boys"...perhaps sneaking away for the occasional beer or "chasing girls" was on his hoped agenda...it seems his Mom had other plans to keep him on a straight path and it also seems that is all worked out for the best as he has become a submissive, obedient well trained sissy husband. Thank You for sharing this experience and tale, Miss.
Most respectfully,
sissy jamieanne
(09-14-2020, 09:33 AM)Kristen Wrote: Perhaps one day I will dig out the full interview again but it certainly served me to exacerbate my interest in this unique disciplinary practice.

Thanks for sharing this story. Love to hear more about experiences. Have you gotten a chance to interview any other petticoated males? From my personal experience successfully petticoating only happens when the mother is committed and has the right support system. Petticoating is more than putting boys in dresses, in many ways that is the easy part. Training them to be proper docile little ladies is where the hard work comes in. Feminine mannerisms especially learning how to properly walk, sit, and curtsy in a dress is just as important if not more than a closet full of frilly frocks. Having the right mindset and understanding the mental side of petticoating is the key to successfully turning brats into docile prissy princesses.

Chris the Radical Feminist
I can certainly attest to this, Rad Fem. Although my petticoating didn’t become full time until the age of 18 (and was carried out on a punishment basis prior to then), it was always made clear that I should act in the manner in which I was dressed, be that prissily in the case of my nappy and dress punishment or femininely in the case of my secretary punishment.
(09-22-2020, 11:57 PM)RadicalFeminist Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 09:33 AM)Kristen Wrote: Perhaps one day I will dig out the full interview again but it certainly served me to exacerbate my interest in this unique disciplinary practice.

Thanks for sharing this story. Love to hear more about experiences. Have you gotten a chance to interview any other petticoated males? From my personal experience successfully petticoating only happens when the mother is committed and has the right support system. Petticoating is more than putting boys in dresses, in many ways that is the easy part. Training them to be proper docile little ladies is where the hard work comes in. Feminine mannerisms especially learning how to properly walk, sit, and curtsy in a dress is just as important if not more than a closet full of frilly frocks. Having the right mindset and understanding the mental side of petticoating is the key to successfully turning brats into docile prissy princesses.

Chris the Radical Feminist
I could not agree more Chris. Dresses and feminine underwear are only the first step of any successful petticoating regime.

I did some initial field interviews which involved speaking with eight petticoated males, aged between 21 and 54. I also had the pleasure of watching one misbehaving twenty-something male put through the 'full babying' experience in front of me.

The methods to bring this supposedly adult male down to the level of a helpless infant really were quite ingenious. I remember him being forced to suck on a dummy/pacifier which actually contained a rather strong dose of a harmless dental medicine intended to numb the mouth.

Once his babysitter pulled out the dummy and invited him to talk, he found he could only flap his mouth around ineffectively and had little hope of forming any adult words. He tried his best to communicate - and I tried my best to understand - but by the time his babysitter was ready to restore the dummy he had effectively given up.

Each of the males signed a consent form for the interviews to be published (two even had their locking mittens removed so they could use the pen  Big Grin ) so I suppose I could submit them to PDQ. I am afraid the research study itself was rather derailed when I ended up being recruited to head up a larger social sciences project in an unrelated field.

Sounds like an interesting study. Love hearing about the sissies having to have their baby mittens removed to sign the consent form. I think you would agree that was just a formality by the time they have baby mittens on they are no longer male or adult. The scene you laid out with the misbehaving twenty-something being put into 'full babying' experience sound awesome and memorable for you. Love, to hear more about how you thoughts before and after the interviews. Did you have any expectations going in, did anything suprise you? Has rejoining the forum spark any interests in doing new research.

Chris
(09-23-2020, 11:23 AM)RadicalFeminist Wrote: Sounds like an interesting study. Love hearing about the sissies having to have their baby mittens removed to sign the consent form. I think you would agree that was just a formality by the time they have baby mittens on they are no longer male or adult. The scene you laid out with the misbehaving twenty-something being put into 'full babying' experience sound awesome and memorable for you. Love, to hear more about how you thoughts before and after the interviews. Did you have any expectations going in, did anything suprise you? Has rejoining the forum spark any interests in doing new research.

Chris

Yes it was very much a formality, but the university has ethical standards which must be met for interviews!

I was surprised at how embarrassed many of the petticoatees were by being in my presence. Some of these interviewees had been petticoated for several decades so I had naively thought they would be completely used to being seen in their ridiculous outfits. Apparently not!

One thing that really stood out to me was the use of depriving males of a very basic competence (one retained by women) as a way of lowering their status in the presence of the superior sex. The classic - and perhaps the most effective - example of this would be toilet training. It was fascinating the extent to which being robbed of much of their toilet training rendered these males so much more subservient and receptive to female authority.

I got some rather good and self-aware reflections on this from a young male petticoatee who had been through the experience (and who provided a classic example by having a little accident during our interview!)

Oh yes, this forum has truly reawaked what was always one of my prominent interests - both academic and personal.

(09-23-2020, 11:23 AM)RadicalFeminist Wrote: Sounds like an interesting study. Love hearing about the sissies having to have their baby mittens removed to sign the consent form. I think you would agree that was just a formality by the time they have baby mittens on they are no longer male or adult. The scene you laid out with the misbehaving twenty-something being put into 'full babying' experience sound awesome and memorable for you. Love, to hear more about how you thoughts before and after the interviews. Did you have any expectations going in, did anything suprise you? Has rejoining the forum spark any interests in doing new research.

Chris

Yes it was very much a formality, but the university has ethical standards which must be met for interviews!

I was surprised at how embarrassed many of the petticoatees were by being in my presence. Some of these interviewees had been petticoated for several decades so I had naively thought they would be completely used to being seen in their ridiculous outfits. Apparently not!

One thing that really stood out to me was the use of depriving males of a very basic competence (one retained by women) as a way of lowering their status in the presence of the superior sex. The classic - and perhaps the most effective - example of this would be toilet training. It was fascinating the extent to which being robbed of much of their toilet training rendered these males so much more subservient and receptive to female authority.

I got some rather good and self-aware reflections on this from a young male petticoatee who had been through the experience (and who provided a classic example by having a little accident during our interview!)

Oh yes, this forum has truly reawaked what was always one of my prominent interests - both academic and personal.