BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An academic reflection on petticoating
As a radical feminist fascinated by petticoating, one of the thing that interests me is just how many 'oh so reluctant' young petticoatees end up being petticoated throughout their adult life too.

A couple of years ago when I was considering looking into this from a social science interview, I was lucky enough to do a very interesting interview with a 40-something man who was in a long-term relationship incorporating petticoat discipline.

Meeting the couple at their house I was able to get a first-hand look at what this actually involved (although I will admit that - even as someone with professional intent - I struggled to contain my surprise/amusement when I was greeted by a grown man wearing a pink satin french maid outfit...)

Once his wife had given him permission to speak openly and candidly with me, the man told me all about his childhood in a petticoating household where he was reluctant made to wear all manner of effeminate, humiliating or downright infantilising things.

Despite hopes the petticoating regime might end when he reached legal adulthood, he was given the news a few weeks before his 18th birthday that his petticoating would extend to age 21 after all. He says he remembers throwing quite the tantrum (again, I admit I found this image particularly amusing - and demonstrative of the emotional immaturity of men generally...)

He had met his future wife -the daughter of a family friend - at age 20, and - to cut a long story short - his mother had cleverly ensured she was broad up to speed with his petticoating regime. So impressed with this revolutionary behavioural modification technique, his future wife had come to the decision that continued petticoating (albeit on a part time basis) would be part of their relationship.

Of course had his mother not taken that surprise decision to extend his pettiocating at age 18, it would have been unlikely his future wife would have found out about it - and even less likely that she would have insisted on being a part of it. And he certainly wouldn't have found himself explaining his satin french maid outfit to a curious sociology graduate. On that level, it is rather funny how things turn out!

By the end of our chat, he had relaxed entirely and was happily chatting away despite the slightly surreal scenario. Just before the end, his wife reentered the room, at which point he snapped back into more obedient mode. It was fascinating to observe the difference, and the subtle potency of genuine female authority.

Fortunately for me, his wife couldn't resist having a little bit of fun putting him on the spot with a question about whether he needed a nappy change. Though the question seemed to be entirely routine, I suspect the experience of having to answer it in front of a younger woman might have made it slightly more novel - and he blushed bright red.

"Oh don't let me get in the way - I can head off now, if he needs changing..." I said casually to the wife, deciding to compound his embarrassment further by acting as if he really were an infant. At this point, the poor man seemed to be almost incapacitated with embarrassment, as he assured his wife he had managed to keep his nappy dry. He could hardly look me in the eye after that!

Perhaps one day I will dig out the full interview again but it certainly served me to exacerbate my interest in this unique disciplinary practice.
I can relate to this so well, Miss Kristen. 

I was petticoated throughout my childhood, but at that stage mainly on a punishment basis with either my nappy or secretary punishment regimes forming the basis of this, the former which involved a prissy frock over a nappy and the latter which was exactly what it sounds (pencil skirts, high heels, stockings, lingerie, makeup etc). 

Anyway, it was on my 18th birthday also that the big revelation came. In my case though, it wasn’t just that the petticoat punishments would continue but that I would be under a full time regime where I had to wear Secretary outfits at all times through the day and nappies during the night, which continued along with my tomboy sister until we developed the means to leave home. In my case this took about three months but it was nearer a year for my sister (with whom mother got so fed up, my sister ended up wearing nappies in place of lingerie during the day). 

Having to essentially crossdress full time meant that I had to embrace my feminine side all the more which led to the realisation that I actually loved the way of life that came with it (which in retrospect almost certainly came as a consequence of being forced to face the issue of what other people thought, and therefore it’s stigma). 

Since then, it has mostly been about what I impose upon myself but in being summoned back to mother’s house once more during lockdown earlier this year, I found myself once again in the throes of petticoating.
(09-14-2020, 04:33 PM)Girlygirl Wrote: I can relate to this so well, Kristen. 

I was petticoated throughout my childhood, but at that stage mainly on a punishment basis with either my nappy or secretary punishment regimes forming the basis of this, the former which involved a prissy frock over a nappy and the latter which was exactly what it sounds (pencil skirts, high heels, stockings, lingerie, makeup etc). 

Anyway, it was on my 18th birthday also that the big revelation came. In my case though, it wasn’t just that the petticoat punishments would continue but that I would be under a full time regime where I had to wear Secretary outfits at all times through the day and nappies during the night, which continued along with my tomboy sister until we developed the means to leave home. In my case this took about three months but it was nearer a year for my sister (with whom mother got so fed up, my sister ended up wearing nappies in place of lingerie during the day). 

Having to essentially crossdress full time meant that I had to embrace my feminine side all the more which led to the realisation that I actually loved the way of life that came with it (which in retrospect almost certainly came as a consequence of being forced to face the issue of what other people thought, and therefore it’s stigma). 

Since then, it has mostly been about what I impose upon myself but in being summoned back to mother’s house once more during lockdown earlier this year, I found myself once again in the throes of petticoating.

Thank you for this thoughtful and interesting reply.

It is not the first time I have heard of petticoatees living under the expectation that the regime will end when they hit 18, only to have the rug pulled from their feet shortly beforehand. I wonder if this is perhaps a deliberate tactic to discourage rebellion in the meantime?

While I of course defer to the head of the household to set her own petticoating regime I must say that - based on my experiences - the idea of ending a male's petticoating regime at any point before 21 seems very unwise. Perhaps some punishments could be scaled back as a reward for good behaviour, but a full exemption strikes me as a foolish idea.

Finally as it seems you are still under some of petticoating regime, I do have to ask that you address me with a more formal title. I have very much enjoyed your well written correspondence, but I am 'Miss Kristen' to petticoatees.
Petticoatees and male members should address me as Miss Kristen or Ma'am. 

I chat on the Trillian messenger. Username: Miss_Kristen

It is my honour to receive your response, Miss Kristen.

(Curtesy) I thought to check your bio page and was in the process of updating my post as you were responding, Miss Kristen.  Big Grin

There is no doubt that petticoating taught me a great deal, although I didn’t always appreciate it when I was younger. It has long been my opinion that the biggest barrier a petticoatee faces is the stigma associated with it (essentially what their friends will think and what it does to their street cred), which is why I think introducing it to wider society via the education system would be of such great benefit as it would neutralise most of the problems most often levelled at the practice. 

As brutal as it felt at the time, being forced into going full time was the best thing that could have happened as I could no longer afford to just ‘wait out’ my punishment (as had been my tactic previously) and it became in my interest to make it work - which has shaped my life ever sense and made me the ‘Born Again Female’ I identify as today.

Thank you once again Miss Kristen

Girlygirl

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: 2CfqS1.md.png]

Here is a representation of the graph I envision which I hope will make sense!

My suggestion would be that Point A is the average representation of most immature males under 21. Though they may have partly accepted the wisdom of their regime (or at least the desire to avoid as many punishments as possible), they are still largely stuck in the 'deep shame' phase which renders them effectively incapable of having any meaningful into their petticoating regime. I suspect not many males at Point A would be willingly browsing this forum! 

Once a male has reached Point B, when they have come to appreciate the usefulness of petticoating, this is the first point at which I would be willing to negotiate a less stringent regime. 

The ideal end point is at Point C, where it should be possible to continue a consistently effective (and largely consensual) regime where the male has now consolidated their emotional response in favour of petticoating. of course, some shame and humiliation will always be inherent in the regime (and this can be stepped up when necessary through new and creative punishments), but the male should now be perfectly capable of accepting the 'baseline' level of their regime. As a rule of thumb, this is when I would contend that the petticoated male is ready to engage in relationships with the superior sex.

I appreciate the diagram, Miss Kristen - you have obviously given this a lot of thought and I guess for those present on here, this can be taken as evidence that they have reached your point C. 

The other factor of course is the consistency of methods used. If one only ever wears a particular type of skirt during their petticoating they will likely become accustomed to this and thus reach points B & C much earlier. 

There were occasions during my childhood when I was guilty of attempting to bend the rules somewhat and mother would use this as an excuse to mix things up - which usually consisted in her deliberately misinterpreting what it was I hoped to gain and delivering it in a style that I wouldn’t at all appreciate. 

This meant that I had to be a lot more careful when I was under punishment by what means I employed to better come to terms with it and made the regimes that bit more unpredictable.
(09-14-2020, 06:21 PM)Girlygirl Wrote: I appreciate the diagram, Miss Kristen - you have obviously given this a lot of thought and I guess for those present on here, this can be taken as evidence that they have reached your point C. 

The other factor of course is the consistency of methods used. If one only ever wears a particular type of skirt during their petticoating they will likely become accustomed to this and thus reach points B & C much earlier. 

There were occasions during my childhood when I was guilty of attempting to bend the rules somewhat and mother would use this as an excuse to mix things up - which usually consisted in her deliberately misinterpreting what it was I hoped to gain and delivering it in a style that I wouldn’t at all appreciate. 

This meant that I had to be a lot more careful when I was under punishment by what means I employed to better come to terms with it and made the regimes that bit more unpredictable.

I would say your conclusion is a little optimistic. A *very* quick 'sentiment analysis' (as sociologists call it) would suggest that most users on here are somewhere between B and C.

Some may well have reached point C, but I've also seen behaviour suggesting some users haven't yet reached point B!

The point about the consistency of methods is an astute one. I'd say that it's important that a successful petticoatee has come to develop a general appreciation for the practice, rather than just a specific acceptance of a particular outfit or regime.

I have been largely impressed with your correspondence and would likely place you much closer to point C than point B (although this is based on limited first impressions)

I agree with GirlyGirl this is a fascinating and well thought-out metric. Thank you Miss Kristen.

By my own assessment, I suspect I am in a similar place to GirlyGirl - close to point C, if not there already.
Read my story here: Part one, two
Thank you - though I am afraid I really haven't seen much evidence of you being past point B based on your posts.

You may be getting towards it, but I suspect you still have some way to go (based on your rather adolescent questioning of this nappies decree). 

I have been largely impressed with your correspondence and would likely place you much closer to point C than point B (although this is based on limited first impressions) [Quote]

Thank you kindly for your responses and complements, Miss Kristen. It is both my pleasure and my privilege to communicate with you and to learn from you. 

Girlygirl