BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admin/Mods
Is there any way we can offer members an opt in or out choice to the different forums?  There a number that really aren't of any interest to me and I would love to be able to hide them so I can concentrate on the ones I do enjoy and participate in.

Thanks.
Always in strict uniform
I don't think that what you would like the staff to offer Opt-In - Opt-Out would be viable sort of a personal customized forum.

As is the forum's Main Page has these 7 sub selections:

Petticoating and Related Disciplines
Awards: Member of the Month & Susan McDonald annual
The Nursery
Male Behavior Modification
General Discussion
Creativity
Board Statistics

The order in which these are stacked could be different i.e.
The Awards moved to the bottom just above Board Stats
The others positioned in the number of times viewed/posted
of common interest.

As for your viewing habits - for now I would suggest that
you ignore what you don't care for and center your attention
on those that you do - those that you do a great deal of posting in.

For new administrators to the forum playing with the arrangement
of topics can be a tricky trial and error development.
I know as I administer a forum and sometimes in rearranging the
topics it becomes a sorcerers apprentice doing things that one
should have very well left alone.

Maybe the administrator could make a section of frequently
viewed posted threads and then reassign the other sections
not so much viewed into a subsection - but as is I find the
forum workable and the only change would be to move the
Awards somewhere else - it appears to be the least viewed.
(09-11-2020, 01:26 AM)rubberpinafore Wrote: Is there any way we can offer members an opt in or out choice to the different forums?  There a number that really aren't of any interest to me and I would love to be able to hide them so I can concentrate on the ones I do enjoy and participate in.

Thanks.

That said, how on earth do you EVER manage the supermarket?  There's so much "extraneous clutter" there that you probably have ZERO interest in ever purchasing, yet you have to trudge past it all to find the few items you are interested in buying?  Such an awful bother!  
You can subscribe to different forums and can minimize forums you don't want to see . These tools are available to all members . To customize the posts for individual members would take forever and be totally impractical as everyone is different and the posts liked can change from day to day as well as mood at the time of reading . .
Angel A little bit of hanky panky does you good .  Angel
(09-11-2020, 06:54 PM)mikki Wrote: That said, how on earth do you EVER manage the supermarket?  There's so much "extraneous clutter" there that you probably have ZERO interest in ever purchasing, yet you have to trudge past it all to find the few items you are interested in buying?  Such an awful bother!  
you have such a knack of finding a metaphor that puts everything into perspective.  Big Grin 

I suspect rubberpinafore has rather more pressing concerns when in a supermarket from what I understand of him though.  Wink
(09-11-2020, 06:58 PM)Bill Wrote: You can subscribe to different forums and can minimize forums you don't want to see . These tools are available to all members . To customize the posts for individual members would take forever and be totally impractical as everyone is different and the posts liked can change from day to day as well as mood at the time of reading . .

Could you possibly expand on how to do this?  It sounds pretty much what I was after.  I am really an IT numpty and need to to be made really obvious on how to achieve this.

I wasn't suggesting customising posts for everyone, just a simple "hide/show" button for the forums you like.  A bit like in Gmail where you can decide which labels to display.

Shopping a bother?  Not for me, I shop online.  

Have you any idea what I have to wear every day?   Big Grin
Always in strict uniform
You mean your wife doesn’t have you show off your aprons in the local supermarket? She’s missed a trick there hasn’t she?  Big Grin
No, she understands just the right amount of humiliation and that would be OTT for me. A trip to the corner store in a pinny is OK occasionally in her eyes (but still major trauma for me) as is driving to different towns to shop for ladies work wear if she insists. The launderette visits were real killers and really stressed me out but only until I got home and exploded and the relief was so intense it made it all the worthwhile.

That said she has always threatened it and that is already enough to send in panic waves and get me to behave again.
Always in strict uniform
I believe we have talked in the past about pushing the fetish limits out ever further... so there is still time yet.  Big Grin
At the right hand side of each sub forum you will see a little switch . Click on it and the conversations or posts become invisible . That way you won't have to wade through any thing that is of no interest to you .
Angel A little bit of hanky panky does you good .  Angel