BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unnecessary
In the words of [b]micheleFFS[/b], and I quote:

Stamp out useless scrolling. Click Reply, then press CNTRL (or Command)  + A, then write your reply.

or if it is critical to reply directly to someones comment, could we perhaps consider deleting all the wadding that isn't relevant?

Many thanks for your consideration.
Always in strict uniform
Good point rubberpinafore & michelleffs but it’s difficult to manage, sometimes I comment with no wadding but then as you say sometimes it’s relevant to include the wadding.
(09-06-2020, 12:35 AM)afp Wrote: Good point rubberpinafore & michelleffs but it’s difficult to manage, sometimes I comment with no wadding but then as you say sometimes it’s relevant to include the wadding.
I assume that’s what the ‘Quote’ button is supposed to be for? I tried it once but couldn’t make it do anything. 

If I’m replying to a particularly long post, I tend to just copy and paste the relevant part and highlight it as such.
Of course, but it should not be the default every time. It really makes an interesting thread almost unmanageable at times, which is a pity. Less is more, as they say- if at all possible.
Always in strict uniform
I'm with rubberpinafore on this one. Some threads become unreadable, especially on a phone. Most of it I see feels unnecessary.
Seems most agree with unnecessary quoting and yet...
Always in strict uniform
(09-11-2020, 01:01 AM)rubberpinafore Wrote: Seems most agree with unnecessary quoting and yet...
Instead of posting the entire quote as above you could post a snip of it i.e.

/s/unnecessary quoting/s/

If you post quick like a fox after someone has posted a comment you could do without the quote altogether
since you have posted right after the comment - posting two or more posts later not so good the thought track
may or may not be still active.

Some forums are better than others - get used to it - adapt - survive - treat it as a challenge.
Frequent prolific posters as yourself generally are right on top of these things and not a real issue.

What is really bothersome is a l-o-n-g quoted post that is repeated and then a small one or two line reply missed
at the bottom of the thread.

Something about proper common forum etiquette.

Unless the rules are spelled out it is a free for all.

A forum properly administered and moderated can sort all this out - But still ?
Well put Babylock, couldn't agree more. I try to reply by using the name of the poster if it isn't obvious, instead of quoting. As per this example.
Always in strict uniform