BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Houston, we have a Problem
240 users active in the past 15 minutes (2 members, 1 of whom is invisible, and 235 guests).

I was quite surprised to see the above stats.  Are we being gatecrashed by spambots again?   Sad
Always in strict uniform
Just now

288 users active in the past 15 minutes (5 members, 0 of whom are invisible, and 280 guests).

Maybe something for site admin to monitor
Been keeping an eye on things . Most bots can't get by the registration process . Any human spammers i have managed to purge as have the other mods . The rest i can do nothing about .
Angel A little bit of hanky panky does you good .  Angel
(09-05-2020, 05:25 PM)Bill Wrote: Been keeping an eye on things . Most bots can't get by the registration process . Any human spammers i have managed to purge as have the other mods . The rest i can do nothing about .

Very good. So maybe we are a trending forum. Wink

(09-05-2020, 05:30 PM)afp Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 05:25 PM)Bill Wrote: Been keeping an eye on things . Most bots can't get by the registration process . Any human spammers i have managed to purge as have the other mods . The rest i can do nothing about .

Very good. So maybe we are a trending forum. Wink

Or maybe not
47 users active in the past 15 minutes (4 members, 0 of whom are invisible, and 40 guests).
I think most of the activity is because there was no PDQ posted this month . All the readers will have switched to reading the posts here for an alternative . If you look you will see what all the guests are reading . Some even printing out things .
Angel A little bit of hanky panky does you good .  Angel
(09-05-2020, 05:44 PM)Bill Wrote: I think most of the activity is because there was no PDQ posted this month . All the readers will have switched to reading the posts here for an alternative . If you look you will see what all the guests are reading . Some even printing out things .
I hadn’t thought of that; every cloud, eh?  Big Grin
So far we have no contributions from our many "guests" but I can recall a period when we were getting severely hacked/spammed. It got so bad I gave up using the forum entirely. I do hope that won't happen again.
Always in strict uniform