ande.banner
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobbies and Pastimes
Shooting? Clay pigeon, hunting or firing range?

And that phrase always makes me chuckle, "downhill" skiing? Is there an alternative, like "uphill" skiing?
Always in strict uniform
I imagine uphill skiing to be very time consuming (and more than a little frustrating).  Big Grin
Sort of like going DOWN the UP Staircase
-OR-
Riding the escalator the wrong way fighting the flow.

How does one UP SKIRT when one has to get down to look up - this of course wearing the
conventional length dress skirt instead of the every so short baby length dress with petticoats
and diapers on nearly full display - no UP SKIRTING required - like the video game Level Up !
(09-12-2020, 03:18 AM)rubberpinafore Wrote: Shooting?  Clay pigeon, hunting or firing range?

And that phrase always makes me chuckle, "downhill" skiing?  Is there an alternative, like "uphill" skiing?

I shoot at the range, but also hunt from time to time. The other kind of skiing is called cross country which is quite different.

Downhill

Cross Country

Cross country does include climbing hills and lots of walking across flat terrain. Downhill lets gravity do a lot of the work and chairlifts do the uphill part.
Sorry Cindy, thanks for clarifying the varieties of skiing but I was aware. It's just the phrase that made me smile.
Always in strict uniform
Yes. The term is quite odd. At the Olympics they are called Alpine and Nordic skiing.