ande.banner
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cost of Fetish
My fascination with smoking was that it was a "Feminine" behavior that i could emulate. Back in the day, when people in films, and of course, television commercials portrayed Women smoking as a Feminine behavior. Forget the roots of this with Sir Walter Raleigh, and the Queen, etc. etc. I hid my smoking from my peers, and definitely didn't do it to appear "macho" exactly the opposite. But have to agree that quitting was the best thing i could have done. i've found (many) other "Feminine behaviors" to replace supposedly "seductively smoking."
That’s an interesting perspective; I have never really viewed smoking as being gendered per se and in fact I tend to associate it with miners and chimney sweeps in my head if anything.
I have quite a number of clothing fetishes, but fortunately not many of them are particularly expensive (latex/rubber and leather being the main exceptions). My cross-dressing is limited to my own home and what I can hide under male (or at least not too obviously female) clothing when I go out. I don't attempt to pass, so I don't wear or own wigs, make-up, nail polish, breast forms, etc. Nonetheless, I have certainly spent thousands on clothes and footwear over the years, and I own more female clothes than male ones.
So you are saying that fetishes ARE chemical then?
Always in strict uniform
(09-01-2020, 01:58 AM)rubberpinafore Wrote: So you are saying that fetishes ARE chemical then?
Complicated one to answer, that. Fetishes would seem to me to be a relationship between hormones and thought processes. Basically, the hormones create the desire for a release and it is the thought process that determines how that release is satisfied. 

In that sense the experience of enjoyment (or any other emotion) can be said to be a product of the body’s own chemicals.

However, this is the body’s natural way of responding either by virtue of genetics or by experiences which have caused the brain to associate an activity with pleasure. Smoking addiction on the other hand is caused by inputting a chemical from outside the body and can manifest itself in a number of physical symptoms of not satisfied.
(08-31-2020, 05:01 PM)GinaV Wrote: Women smoking as a Feminine behavior. 

I think this may simply be a perception as many women smoke(d) as part of their diets.  Smoking is an appetite suppressant.

(09-01-2020, 05:38 AM)Girlygirl Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 01:58 AM)rubberpinafore Wrote: So you are saying that fetishes ARE chemical then?
Complicated one to answer, that. Fetishes would seem to me to be a relationship between hormones and thought processes. Basically, the hormones create the desire for a release and it is the thought process that determines how that release is satisfied. 

In that sense the experience of enjoyment (or any other emotion) can be said to be a product of the body’s own chemicals.

However, this is the body’s natural way of responding either by virtue of genetics or by experiences which have caused the brain to associate an activity with pleasure. Smoking addiction on the other hand is caused by inputting a chemical from outside the body and can manifest itself in a number of physical symptoms of not satisfied.

Perhaps my misunderstood my original point.  I said smoking is a chemical addiction, where the body craves the input of nicotine or a drug.

A fetish does not require any kind of chemical to be imbibed or introduced into the body.  A fetish usually only needs a visual stimulus to kick things off.  

That said, endorphins can be released when eating certain kinds of foods, such as chocolate or chillies.  Alcohol too.
Always in strict uniform
A huge wardrobe built up over many years, at least a dozen sissy maid dresses, petticoats, related items (eg maid's hats), lots of pvc outfits too. Then there are "normal" clothes, ranging from 50s dresses (oh how sad when Lindybop went under earlier this year), heels, lots high, fetish, normal. And in recent years lots of adult baby outfits, dresses, nightwear, rompers, pretty panties, etc. And then there's the equipment too...

Favourite (and reliable) suppliers currently are Barbara Tam, Fanplusfriend, dreamyncreamy, all of which can be very addictive to browse. Though the latest purchase from the far east came by sea because of flight disruption, so took two months.
Good reply Sissy Celeste, very interesting descriptions. Care to hazard a guess at how much you have invested in your priceless collection over the years?
Always in strict uniform
You certainly have a wide range of interests there, Celeste. I am very partial to 50s dresses myself (as a general choice in fashion) and can very often be seen wearing them when I’m not otherwise stewardessing.
(09-11-2020, 01:03 AM)rubberpinafore Wrote: Good reply Sissy Celeste, very interesting descriptions. Care to hazard a guess at how much you have invested in your priceless collection over the years?
Gosh, well let’s think of the sissy maid dresses to start with. I have:-
Plain black satin
Very frilly black cotton
Baby pink
Yellow
Baby blue
Aqua
Xmas red
Yellow gingham
Pink gingham
Purple gingham
Black & pink pvc
Baby blue pvc
Baby pink pvc
Black pvc hobble (from Misfitz, wonderful!)
Which have probably cost around £100 each on average, so there’s over a grand without batting an eyelid. Extrapolating that and I’m sure there’s no change of £5k.

Listing them all out like this, I do hope I never have to do so on an insurance claim for any reason!