BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Party Time
You've been invited to a fancy dress party and the theme is anything goes.  What would you go as?
Always in strict uniform
Scarlett O'Hara comes to mind, but any Southern Belle will do.
(08-25-2020, 02:39 PM)GinaV Wrote: Scarlett O'Hara comes to mind, but any Southern Belle will do.

I’m similarly minded, Gina V, though Southern Belle isn’t really part of the U.K. tradition. I’d love to go in a genuine Disney Princess gown.
Has to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.
Aha some have picked ones I’d have chosen. So let me pick something different. Alice in wonderland. Now with the other respondents we wold make a lovely group.
(08-25-2020, 02:39 PM)GinaV Wrote: Scarlett O'Hara comes to mind, but any Southern Belle will do.

Having just re-watched "Gone With The Wind" for like the umpteenth time (on TCM), I vividly recall the sequence where Scarlett pulls down the green velvet drapes from the ruins of Tara, and makes herself a dress to wear to Atlanta, where she attempts to beguile Rhett into underwriting her taxes.  I could only shudder at the thought of wearing 9 yards of heavy velvet in those hot, humid unairconditioned days.