BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion
I warn all of you . If you let this get out of hand i will delete the whole thread . So play nice .
Angel A little bit of hanky panky does you good .  Angel
I don't understand why one cannot debate ANY subject without assuming it will descend into a flame war. Religion is no more passionate a subject than supporting two different football teams and arguing the toss over who is better.

From what I have seen so far on this forum, no one has posted vindictively or lost control when debating, even if views are poles apart.

As to religion itself, good luck to those that follow one.
Always in strict uniform
There is religion, an organized system of moral beliefs, and then there is church, with its priests, ministers, hierarchy, doctrines, scriptures and canons.  The two are different and distinct, although frequently conflated.  Don't confuse one with the other.  Likewise, don't mistake sanctimony for holiness.  
(08-27-2020, 02:47 PM)mikki Wrote: There is religion, an organized system of moral beliefs, and then there is church, with its priests, ministers, hierarchy, doctrines, scriptures and canons.  The two are different and distinct, although frequently conflated.  Don't confuse one with the other.  Likewise, don't mistake sanctimony for holiness.  

Fair enough point. I suppose it might be argued that it is the latter which is in decline whereas the definition of the former has adapted and modernised somewhat.
(08-27-2020, 12:29 AM)rubberpinafore Wrote: I don't understand why one cannot debate ANY subject without assuming it will descend into a flame war. Religion is no more passionate a subject than supporting two different football teams and arguing the toss over who is better.

From what I have seen so far on this forum, no one has posted vindictively or lost control when debating, even if views are poles apart.

As to religion itself, good luck to those that follow one.

"From what I have seen so far on this forum, no one has posted vindictively or lost control when debating, even if views are poles apart."
They have . That is why they are no longer here .
Angel A little bit of hanky panky does you good .  Angel
To me 

religion is a way of explaining the world without understanding it.

Science is a way of explaining the world as we understand it, currently.

Where they meet is in two philosophical questions

1 - why do the basic laws of science maths exist with the ratios they do? e.g. E= mc^2 or why is pi irrational? or the golden ratio? Why does the weak force exist? etc

2 - What was there before the big bang?

beyond that most religions, have tried to be a moral authority and been corrupted by the followers. As parodied in Red Dwarf, a war was fought over hat colour Red vs Blue - they were meant to be Green!
Adult Baby looking for Nanny/Mummy/Friends

Also suffer from ME/CFS so if I'm slow to post it's because I probably don't have the energy
(08-27-2020, 06:45 PM)Bill Wrote: They have . That is why they are no longer here .

That explains that then and makes sense.  I just thought we were all saints and never disagreed.
Always in strict uniform
(08-24-2020, 01:17 AM)rubberpinafore Wrote: This subject was briefly mentioned on another thread but really should be a topic in its own right.  So off you go then.   Smile

Whilst I have no interest in religion per se, I do think that church attendance (and Sunday school for younger males) can be a wonderful opportunity for a mother/wife/daddy to regularly present their Male to the wider community.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-28-2020, 10:14 AM)boitinkerbell Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 01:17 AM)rubberpinafore Wrote: This subject was briefly mentioned on another thread but really should be a topic in its own right.  So off you go then.   Smile

Whilst I have no interest in religion per se, I do think that church attendance (and Sunday school for younger males) can be a wonderful opportunity for a mother/wife/daddy to regularly present their Male to the wider community.
I was wondering if anyone would try and introduce a petticoating / sissy factor to this thread. In theory, they ought to be quite accepting in such environments so probably not a bad way to ease a Male into their new lifestyle.
(08-28-2020, 04:48 PM)Girlygirl Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 10:14 AM)boitinkerbell Wrote:

I was wondering if anyone would try and introduce a petticoating / sissy factor to this thread. In theory, they ought to be quite accepting in such environments so probably not a bad way to ease a Male into their new lifestyle.

It would depend on the church, of course.  I seem to recall a story, maybe on PDQ a few months back, or maybe here under Female Dominant Fiction, about an unfortunate male whose FLR wife moved them to a new area, where the male was subjected to an increasing level of petticoating, including being brought to the local church, which had a female vicar.  As I recall, the male was enrolled in the ladies' altar group, as well as separate bible studies under the tuttilage of a very strict deaconess, all in feminine attire. 

In a more realistic situation, again, it would depend on the church, how the wife is regarded within the congregation, and how she goes about presenting her petticoated husband.  Given that many congregations these days are composed of more elderly females, it's conceivable that some congregations may well be approving and welcoming of a submissive, petticoated male, who is clearly under his wife's thumb.