ande.banner
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLR Book - The Power
Came across this book and thought the forum would find it interesting. This quote from the author speaking volumes to this radical feminist.

“People say to me, ‘Ah, your novel is a dystopia.’ And I say … ‘It’s only a dystopia for the men.’ And in my world, nothing happens to a man that is not happening to a woman in the world we live in today. So if we find my world to be a dystopia, then we are already living in a dystopia.”

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29751398-the-power
(07-12-2020, 04:40 PM)RadicalFeminist Wrote: Came across this book and thought the forum would find it interesting. This quote from the author speaking volumes to this radical feminist.

“People say to me, ‘Ah, your novel is a dystopia.’ And I say … ‘It’s only a dystopia for the men.’ And in my world, nothing happens to a man that is not happening to a woman in the world we live in today. So if we find my world to be a dystopia, then we are already living in a dystopia.”

Great quote, RadFem. How many things have seemed dystopian in their day.

At one time in the U.K., the idea that a monarch’s power would be over ruled by the will of the people would have been ‘dystopian’

200 years ago, the idea that someone would one day fly across the Atlantic would have been ‘dystopian’
Likewise, a hundred years ago, suggestions of man setting foot on the moon would have been ‘dystopian’

How much of George Orwell’s ‘dystopian’ vision of his 1984 book has come to pass?

In a similar way, many once considered ‘dystopian’ sensibilities such as the emancipation of slaves and equal opportunities for all regardless of the myriad of differences identified by different groups and people at various points.

‘Dystopia’ is but a reflection of the time in which that judgement is made and whilst the routine feminisation and petticoating of males across the world might seem ‘dystopian’ now, there are many signs (a number of which have been espoused by your good self) that things are heading in the right direction.
Thanks for the tip.

After Paradise Hills, The Handmaid's Tale, 50 Shades of Grey, Secretary, Chained Heat, Deep Throat, The Story of O, and innumerable similar works of literary and motion picture fiction, a serious work of this nature is long overdue.

It is amazing how sensitive men are to any challenge of their patriarchy by women and effeminate males.

Kudos for your research and please share more thoughts like this, they are refreshing and beneficial.
RF, thanks for link to the book.
Girlygirl and Conway, excellent replies.
(07-12-2020, 04:40 PM)RadicalFeminist Wrote: Came across this book and thought the forum would find it interesting. This quote from the author speaking volumes to this radical feminist.

I have read this novel.  As women in the real world continue to live in fear of male aggression, the novel turns this around so that it is men that have to live in fear of the power of women.

In my opinion, women are already on the road to superiority over males, and don't need to the power, but the novel is still an interesting read.

Love

Lottie
(07-15-2020, 05:30 AM)Lottie Wrote:

I have read this novel.  As women in the real world continue to live in fear of male aggression, the novel turns this around so that it is men that have to live in fear of the power of women.

In my opinion, women are already on the road to superiority over males, and don't need to the power, but the novel is still an interesting read.

Love

Lottie
The pendulum is definitely swinging in that direction, Lottie. Society being as set in its ways as it is, it was never going to be a quick process.

I would hope men don’t end up actually being fearful as such though, but that a generation of men can be raised with enough about them to be in awe of women and contribute to the new society.

I've been considering buying this.