ande.banner
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disposable nappies
Does anyone else worry about what to do with their used disposable nappies?

I've been using maybe a dozen disposables a week. I always put them into nappy sacks, and put them into my bin with the rest of my rubbish, but I'm always worried someone will find them.

It secretly thrills me, the thought of being caught and questioned about having so many disposable nappies in my bin, but does anyone have any thoughts about being more discreet about it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-09-2020, 11:01 PM)Ali Wrote: Does anyone else worry about what to do with their used disposable nappies?
It secretly thrills me, the thought of being caught and questioned about having so many disposable nappies in my bin, but does anyone have any thoughts about being more discreet about it?

I've read that wet disposable diapers are EXCELLENT for extinguishing fires.   Lacking a fire to put out, however, mostly they just end up in the rubbish.  The landfills of the world are becoming chock-full of disposable diapers of all sizes, from infants to whomever.  So next time you happen down the incontinence aisle at your local store, just imagine all of those diapers/nappies, no longer tightly compressed, and even bulked up with wetness and/or soiling, moldering in some landfill.  
I have thought about this as Mistress has me wearing disposable nappies so we have looked into recycling.

http://nappicycle.co.uk/
To be honest, adult incontinence is a recognized problem in today's society, and is not uncommon.  For example, someone is purchasing, and presumably using, all of those disposables you find on the gondolas in the stores, and advertised online.  So finding used/soiled disposables in the rubbish is not uncommon, either.  Few MATURE adults would think anything of it, other than maybe "Thank goodness I'm not confronted with that problem."  
(08-08-2020, 03:31 PM)mikki Wrote: To be honest, adult incontinence is a recognized problem in today's society, and is not uncommon.  For example, someone is purchasing, and presumably using, all of those disposables you find on the gondolas in the stores, and advertised online.  So finding used/soiled disposables in the rubbish is not uncommon, either.  Few MATURE adults would think anything of it, other than maybe "Thank goodness I'm not confronted with that problem."  
This is a fair point, TBF. It seems to be a problem experienced more so by women due to the effect pregnancy (and giving birth) can have on the pelvic floor muscles) but is more common generally for both genders once the effects of older age start setting in.
We always use sturdy plastic or soft PVC nappies that are cleaned, washed out and re-used. No waste here.
Always in strict uniform