ande.banner
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fathers Day
(06-29-2020, 11:49 AM)tl17 Wrote: GirlyGirl,

You are correct? Thanks for having my back.  I was just asking a question about what it may look like if things were different. I think we need to examine what things would or should be like. It would be no different if I asked what should sports look like in a gender reversed world?

sports??  do you remember the coors light silver bullets??          http://www.coloradosilverbullets.org/                          do you? they were a women's professional baseball team. great in women's baseball but they went and played in a mens league,  and were barely competitive
do you know what the WNBA stands for? womens national basketball league
the longest professional sports league for women, but do  you know it is a losing money league? they give away tickets to make the arenas look half filled,  high octane competitive sports belongs to men,  deal with it. and that is not to be demeaning or rude. unless you find a way to eliminate testosterone in men  and boys it will not change.  and this it not being mean or disrespectful just open facts.

however I strongly believe that if a women can compete and perform as well as a man they have to be given the same opportunity as any man.  if a women is 6'7 and 330 pounds and can play offensive lineman on a pro football team,  I say more power to her.
and in case you haven't noticed, the harlem globetrotters  have a women on their team.. and think about this.
there is a women's professional basketball league, why haven't any of the women  made the jump to the pro NBA?? there was a women playing goaltender in pro mens hockey    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manon_Rh%C3%A9aume 
and i reiterate, In my humble opinion a women should be given any and all opportunity to play in professional sports IF she can cut it.

i can see a lady being a place kicker for the NFL  olympic soccer gold medlist  Carly Loyyd hit a 40 yrd field goal in practice with an NFL team,  she could be very successful as a kicker,  but can she handle getting tackled and hit by 200 pound men bent for bad intentions??
I think she would be very succesful
yours in service
Ronny
Dude, 

You have no clue. First off I was talking about an alternate reality. Second don’t discount female athletes. Yes the best men are better than the best women. However, women can be great athletes. I am a collegiate coach. I have coached men and women over the years. I will you that the women are high level athletes. Can they be at my top men? No, however they still have great talent and quite frankly are easier to coach. So let’s not discount female athletes. You seem to be super negative on every post. You obviously don’t agree or align with the views of the forum. Stop trying to ruin it.

By the way don’t talk down to me on this topic. I have a masters degree in sports science. I also have numerous certifications. I understand the science very well.
(06-30-2020, 01:31 AM)RonnyRemaled Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 11:49 AM)tl17 Wrote: GirlyGirl,

You are correct? Thanks for having my back.  I was just asking a question about what it may look like if things were different. I think we need to examine what things would or should be like. It would be no different if I asked what should sports look like in a gender reversed world?

sports??  do you remember the coors light silver bullets??          http://www.coloradosilverbullets.org/                          do you? they were a women's professional baseball team. great in women's baseball but they went and played in a mens league,  and were barely competitive
do you know what the WNBA stands for? womens national basketball league
the longest professional sports league for women, but do  you know it is a losing money league? they give away tickets to make the arenas look half filled,  high octane competitive sports belongs to men,  deal with it. and that is not to be demeaning or rude. unless you find a way to eliminate testosterone in men  and boys it will not change.  and this it not being mean or disrespectful just open facts.

however I strongly believe that if a women can compete and perform as well as a man they have to be given the same opportunity as any man.  if a women is 6'7 and 330 pounds and can play offensive lineman on a pro football team,  I say more power to her.
and in case you haven't noticed, the harlem globetrotters  have a women on their team.. and think about this.
there is a women's professional basketball league, why haven't any of the women  made the jump to the pro NBA?? there was a women playing goaltender in pro mens hockey    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manon_Rh%C3%A9aume 
and i reiterate, In my humble opinion a women should be given any and all opportunity to play in professional sports IF she can cut it.

i can see a lady being a place kicker for the NFL  olympic soccer gold medlist  Carly Loyyd hit a 40 yrd field goal in practice with an NFL team,  she could be very successful as a kicker,  but can she handle getting tackled and hit by 200 pound men bent for bad intentions??
I think she would be very succesful
yours in service
Ronny
I’m sure Rad Fem would be most pleased that you advocate opportunities for her warrior women. I notice that this argument is very one sided though and to pick up my reply to the post you have quoted, what about the opportunity for a male to be a cheerleader? There seems to be an assumption here again that to be stronger is better and all else is to be dismissed. If you think about society and those who actually are cheerleaders, most of those people would not want to be baseball players irrespective of whether they had the ability or sporting physique. Why can a guy not prefer to dance around in a mini skirt on the sideline?

It is the same when I am walking the aisle of our aeroplanes; pilots may get paid more because it is a higher skilled job, but without myself and my colleagues giving out safety demonstrations and making the passengers comfortable, the plane would nevertheless not get off the ground.

We have taught that criminal behaviour should not be tolerated but there is a necessity (for the good of humanity) for us to teach going forward that aggression is not to be desired and that masculine traits should be only for those who can prove that they can take them on responsibly.

If you look around the world, at the New Zealand PM, the German chancellor, the former UK prime ministers and the lady who was a whisker away from being the most powerful person in the world, women are getting ever closer to power. It then becomes a legislative issue.

So just like now when men don’t commit a number of crimes because prison deters them, they will shy away from being aggressive for similar reasons. 

The next step is education. I do not necessarily by any means expect to get to a stage where we have all women in power and all men below them, but I do think we need to ensure that all those in power have the ability to understand the grades below them. So just as all managers will have taken on the role of an office junior previously (yes, even men) all people partaking in typical masculine roles will have had to skip about in a frock and will have had to master high heels, skirts and makeup previously.

At this point testosterone becomes irrelevant because if a guy tries to circumvent the system and wear trousers before he has mastered skirts, heels and makeup he would find himself before the law.

Ultimately, what it boils down to is managing the testosterone; as it is we have somewhat restricted it with the law but what testosterone thrives on above all else is competition:

Raise guys so that instead of wanting to punch the hardest they want to have a swishier dress than all their friends, to boast that they can manage four inch heels instead of three. If people aren’t introduced to such sports until they have mastered feminine etiquette you would get the best rounded people at the top and not just the toughest because without having shown their knickers in a cheerleading skirt or a tennis skirt, they wouldn’t be given the privilege of wearing a football kit in the first place.

This has a number of benefits:

Those who prefer skirts and dresses get to experience them in a safe environment where they are surrounded by others in the same boat.

For those who decide they want to progress, they can pass an exam (or by whatever other metric you want to measure it) and earn the right to engage in more masculine activities. But they would understand better why women took so long to do their makeup and complained about getting blisters in their heels (because they would have applied makeup and worn heels in high school).

It would deter criminals as the risk of being demoted and being legally required to wear skirts and heels again (or even dresses if they were really bad) would be as anathema to them as it clearly is to you.

Because society as a whole would better understand each other as well as the more feminine arts, we could maybe get away from this rhetoric that is so dangerous in a world with nuclear capabilities.

And that ultimately is why we need to get beyond this idea of testosterone being the be all and end all.

We agree clearly that women should have the right to engage in masculine activities but I contend that the converse is also true (hell, I’m living proof) - and as the less dangerous arena, feminine qualities should be taught first with masculinity open only for the worthy.

Finally, I’ll leave you with the tidbit that I read on UK politics forum; we are all female at embryo stage and male is merely the evolution of this - let’s mirror this in our societies.

So in an effort to try and keep all this on topic, a Father‚Äôs Day would have to be carried out in either dresses or skirts because even if the father had managed to pass his exam and earned the right to engage in ‚Äėmasculine sensibilities‚Äô the son of young would be swishing about in some of the prissiest dresses to practise in anticipation of passing the dress exam or an older son would need practise in his five inch stilettos, mini skirts and makeup application if he hoped to pass the skirt exam to emulate his father.

Or in a truly enlightened scenario, the father has realised that he likes his own skirts and heels so much that he uses the opportunity for his own proud father moment seeing his son in his first ever pair of four inch stilettos (he’ll be a 5 and a half inch like me one day)