ande.banner
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bedtime nappies
Hi All,

I've often wondered how mothers/carers refer to petticoatees' overnight wettings. As many liked to use humiliation by words as an extra tool over and above the physical petticoating, (I know in past posts some people like Ali said their mothers often did), how was a wet nappy in the morning greeted? 

By which I mean was it simply changed (or removed if you were to be in knickers during the day) as if it were perfectly normal, or was its wetness pointed out to you in a variety of embarrassing ways? 

More to the point, was it ever referred to as you having wet the bed, even though you had a nappy on and the bed would be dry? 

Did you or your career consider this to simply having needed to go and then wet your nappy, or was it considered to be bedwetting? 

Terry.
Hi Terry,
When my mother was punishing me a big part of it was the humiliation. If I'd been put to bed in a nappy she'd come in in the morning and make a big deal about checking my nappy "to see if [I'd] stayed dry for Mummy". If I'd wet my nappy then she'd make more of it by saying things like "what a good job Mummy put you back into nappies" or "fancy a boy of your age still wetting his nappy! What a good job Mummy made you wear one".

She'd then either make me go down to breakfast in my wet nappy, or change me into a clean one after a shower and then send me downstairs.

I never thought of it as bedwetting, because I only ever wet my nappy. I always had baby pants or waterproof knickers on over my nappy so as to stop any leaks.
(05-22-2020, 08:20 AM)Terrygussett Wrote: Hi All,

I've often wondered how mothers/carers refer to petticoatees' overnight wettings. As many liked to use humiliation by words as an extra tool over and above the physical petticoating, (I know in past posts some people like Ali said their mothers often did), how was a wet nappy in the morning greeted? 

By which I mean was it simply changed (or removed if you were to be in knickers during the day) as if it were perfectly normal, or was its wetness pointed out to you in a variety of embarrassing ways? 

More to the point, was it ever referred to as you having wet the bed, even though you had a nappy on and the bed would be dry? 

Did you or your career consider this to simply having needed to go and then wet your nappy, or was it considered to be bedwetting? 

Terry.

Hi Terry,

My mother greets my wet nappies often with a tutting sound as acknowledgement I failed to stay dry, her disappointment in me is very clear in her tone. She does refer to this as bedwetting despite the fact I have rubber sheets on my bed and have not wet my mattress in many years. I take her reasoning to be if these protective measures were not taken the bed would have been wet and its the action not the result that makes me a bed wetter.
(05-22-2020, 08:20 AM)Terrygussett Wrote: Hi All,

Terry.
Hi Terry

I really didn’t get much of a choice in the matter. If I was under nappy punishment I was on a strict regime of several glasses of water between tea and bed which essentially assured I was in a wet nappy before I went to sleep. By the time the following morning came around you could have just about filled the sink with the contents of my nappy, so a wet nappy then really wasn’t worthy of comment.

She did once make me undergo the punishment without the nappies so in effect made me actually wet the bed but that’s another matter entirely.