ande.banner
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Normal Attire Part 1
When I was first able to walk without falling down, was toilet trained, and left the cloth(no plastic back then) diapers to my little brother; and was able to graduate to toddler class; instead of getting my first little boy's clothes, short pants, a collared shirt, and "tighty whithies" drawers, as all young boys wore in the early fifties, I was dressed in girls white cotton flowered panties, little girls' cuffed anklet socks, a pretty, short, simple cotton dress in yellow, white, pink, or blue, pastel colors, and a pair of saddle shoes in either brown and white, or black and white. Though my hair was very short, with my freckles, my small ears, and the entire outfit, I did resemble a little girl. All I was missing was a purse, and some jewelry. Since I was only about 4, and many mothers in blue collar, middle class families dressed all little boys this way to save the expense of having to buy new clothes frequently; when the growing child outgrew them in a few months. None of the families in my neighborhood could afford such a continuous outlay, and, my father, a Great Depression survivor, could see no point in throwing away perfectly serviceable little girl's clothes, even though my sister was too big to wear them anymore. First, my older brother got his turn, then me. Now, once outside, I saw absolutely nothing wrong with my dress, and the rest. It was what I, and several other boys and girls on the street wore. I liked being out of diapers, and those miserably uncomfortable plastic pants worn over them. My outfit said I was no longer a baby, didn't mess myself, and could be trusted to stay reasonably clean. I loved the tightness of the panties on my privates, the way air flowed up the dress, and the freedom I felt. This continued until I was 6, about 2 years; when I had to start school. That day came one Autumn morning, when the Parochial school year, kindergarten class teacher expected my properly attired bottom to occupy one of the wooden desks in the classroom at St. Monica's. I was informed by my mother that I had to wear the dreaded "tighty whities," black dress socks, a white undershirt("wife beater"), a pair of long dress pants, a white shirt, and, either a clip on bow tie, or long tie, and a sport jacket, or suit coat to match my pants, and a pair of thick soled, black oxford, dress shoes. I rebelled. To be forced into that outfit after enjoying the comfort, and freed om the panties, and dress, seemed to me, at the time, like a punishment. She put me in it anyway, in spite of my sobbing protests. I began to hate school, boys clothes, and the thought of losing my liberty. She tried to console me by suggesting I could change back after school. It didn't help, much. But, you can be sure I held onto that idea all the while, I was standing on the street corner waiting for that late bus. (To Be Continued)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lifetime CD Charlene  Heart Heart  Closeted, says hello to everyone here!
Welcome to PDQ Charlene.

I read your introduction with great interest. Thank you for sharing it too.

I found it fascinating that you not only wore your sisters hand-me-down knickers (panties) and pretty dresses, and became accustomed to them, but you evidently became attached to them and enjoyed wearing them. As her dresses gave you great freedom to play as a child too.

I hope your mother was able to facilitate your desire to go back to wearing knickers and dresses when you started school.

Lisa x
Welcome Charlene! What an unusual autobio, some can be somewhat predictable but yours certainly had an interesting twist(s). We luv hearing about peoples' experiences and enjoy sharing our own. Enjoy!
(04-25-2020, 11:25 AM)satin_sissy_lisa Wrote: Welcome to PDQ Charlene.

I read your introduction with great interest. Thank you for sharing it too.

I found it fascinating that you not only wore your sisters hand-me-down knickers (panties) and pretty dresses, and became accustomed to them, but you evidently became attached to them and enjoyed wearing them. As her dresses gave you great freedom to play as a child too.

I hope your mother was able to facilitate your desire to go back to wearing knickers and dresses when you started school.

Lisa x
Thank you, Lisa! My childhood was one of the most twisted I've ever encountered; but, at the time, what was then thought as normal, was what I believed it was. It took many years for me to come to a different conclusion. And, anyhow, what is normal for some, is peculiar for others. I'm, now, not sure if any of that really matters. I've learned to live with it. I blame no one. May both my parents RIP.

(04-25-2020, 01:51 PM)GinaV Wrote: Welcome Charlene! What an unusual autobio, some can be somewhat predictable but yours certainly had an interesting twist(s). We luv hearing about peoples' experiences and enjoy sharing our own. Enjoy!

Thank you, Gina! My twisted childhood gets even stranger as the years go by. I did start out much different than most others. It's amazing I didn't end up badly. But, at 69, I'm reliving a little better experience I'd never care about had it been more typical. And the material I can glean from it makes for interesting reading.
Lifetime CD Charlene  Heart Heart  Closeted, says hello to everyone here!