satban
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nappy punishment as a child
(04-24-2020, 11:23 PM)Terrygussett Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 04:51 PM)Richardto Wrote: Right after we left, my mother went to the drugstore and took me inside to buy diapers for me. It was mortifying when she went to a lady who worked there and asked where the diapers were, then after having the baby aisle pointed out my mother pointed to me and said that I was the one who needed them for bedwetting (this was before Goodnites were around).

Oh my goodness Richardto, that must have been so embarrassing. It would have been bad enough going to buy Goodnites if they'd been around then, as you could have simply picked up a pack and gone to the counter, and people might not have known they were for you. But your mother having to ask for diapers in your size must have been something else! There was no way of pretending they were for someone else after that.

Terry, my mother became a parent in 1968 with my sister, and 1970 with me. This was an era where new, modern conveniences were becoming available everywhere. You could get ready to cook meals in the form of TV dinners and pre-prepared packaged food. Disposable diapers were becoming a big thing; no more rinsing out soiled diapers, washing loads of them, and hanging them out on the clothesline. Additionally, embarrassment and humiliation were seen as valid motivational tools to try and correct what was thought to be behavioral issues (bedwetting was often seen as a child just being too lazy to get up and pee through the night).

I don't know how many examples I can give through my life of my mother talking down to me, belittling me, or embarrassing me in some way to make a point about how I wasn't living up to her standards.
I remember being fed my first TV dinner in the tin foil tray . Sliced chicken with a blob of stuffing . Peas . Gravy and mashed potato .
Angel A little bit of hanky panky does you good .  Angel
Nappies were rarely used as a punishment distinctly on their own, but were more incidental to some sort of punishment. So, for instance, if I was to be put to bed as a punishment, I'd have a nappy put on, or if I was to be confined in some other way, I'd have a nappy put on. This would always be lying down, it would never be done standing up. When I was in my teens and told to go and put a nappy on, I found that doing it standing up, back against the wall was easiest for me.

Ordinarily, having a nappy put on me by my parents was OK and striaightforward and not a big deal. If it was because I was being put to bed as a punishment the process tended to be rather more brusque and would often involve a spanking of some sort and/or some heat cream and tight taping of the nappy to make it rather uncomfortable.
It brings back memories . The smell of baby powder and deep heat together with the rustling of waterproof pants .
Angel A little bit of hanky panky does you good .  Angel
(04-27-2020, 09:55 AM)markuk Wrote: Nappies were rarely used as a punishment distinctly on their own, but were more incidental to some sort of punishment.  So, for instance, if I was to be put to bed as a punishment, I'd have a nappy put on, or if I was to be confined in some other way, I'd have a nappy put on.  This would always be lying down, it would never be done standing up.  When I was in my teens and told to go and put a nappy on, I found that doing it standing up, back against the wall was easiest for me.  

Ordinarily, having a nappy put on me by my parents was OK and striaightforward and not a big deal.  If it was because I was being put to bed as a punishment the process tended to be rather more brusque and would often involve a spanking of some sort and/or some heat cream and tight taping of the nappy to make it rather uncomfortable.

How old were you when you were put back into nappies, Mark?

Did you have to use your nappy when you were put to bed, or confined?
(05-01-2020, 07:26 PM)Ali Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 09:55 AM)markuk Wrote: Nappies were rarely used as a punishment distinctly on their own, but were more incidental to some sort of punishment.  So, for instance, if I was to be put to bed as a punishment, I'd have a nappy put on, or if I was to be confined in some other way, I'd have a nappy put on.  This would always be lying down, it would never be done standing up.  When I was in my teens and told to go and put a nappy on, I found that doing it standing up, back against the wall was easiest for me.  

Ordinarily, having a nappy put on me by my parents was OK and striaightforward and not a big deal.  If it was because I was being put to bed as a punishment the process tended to be rather more brusque and would often involve a spanking of some sort and/or some heat cream and tight taping of the nappy to make it rather uncomfortable.

I wasn't put back into nappies as such, I never stopped having to wear them sometimes - usually when using a toilet might be inconvenient, so for instance, travel, visits out, long church services, cinema/theatre visits.  Ahead of having the nappy on I'd often get some sort of enema to make sure there weren't going to be any serious accidents.  If there was a long day's travel ahead I'd a large enema the night before, usually with a suppository, given an overnight laxative and then a smaller enema in the morning.  It was just kind for normal and I expected it.  It wasn't any sort of punishment, though could sometimes, but not usually, be rather embarrassing.  
When I was put to bed or confined, yes, I had to use it and if I was there for a long period it was usually changed, if necessary, in situ.
Did you have to wear plastic pants as well, Mark? And did your trousers fit over your nappies okay, or did you have to wear something special when you had your nappy on?
Plastic pants always, and sometimes rubber pants, sometimes doubled up if I was likely to be in it for a long time. Ordinarily I didn't have to wear anything special when I had a nappy on but there were times when it was made rather obvious in order to shame me as a punishment if I needed it.
(05-04-2020, 09:26 AM)markuk Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 07:26 PM)Ali Wrote:

I wasn't put back into nappies as such, I never stopped having to wear them sometimes - usually when using a toilet might be inconvenient, so for instance, travel, visits out, long church services, cinema/theatre visits.  Ahead of having the nappy on I'd often get some sort of enema to make sure there weren't going to be any serious accidents.  If there was a long day's travel ahead I'd a large enema the night before, usually with a suppository, given an overnight laxative and then a smaller enema in the morning.  It was just kind for normal and I expected it.  It wasn't any sort of punishment, though could sometimes, but not usually, be rather embarrassing.  
When I was put to bed or confined, yes, I had to use it and if I was there for a long period it was usually changed, if necessary, in situ.
I sympathise with you, Mark.

I too have been through several instances of nappy punishment. The way it most often worked was that I had to wear a girly frock with a nappy on underneath. During this period I would have to skip around and act all girly (often with my sister who was frequently subject to the same punishment).

Any misdemeanours (not acting girly) would result in time added on. Whilst the exact method was developed during my childhood, my memory of it is that we would have to tell mum when we had wet or messed ourselves. From that point we would have to wear the wet or dirty nappy for the set period (usually between one and three hours). I know very often we had to partake in skipping games to make the mess or liquid slosh about.

Whilst I never experienced any enemas or laxatives, we were made to drink several pints of water in the lead up to going to bed to ensure that we had to sleep in a wet nappy and would usually wake up several times during the night to further wet it.
Wetting my nappy in bed before I went to sleep was always something I hated, because I knew i'd be in my wet nappy all night. Waking up with a cold and clammy nappy on is horrible.

At least if I wet my nappy during the day I knew i'd be changed before too long. If I was sent to bed early and had to wet, or even worse fill my nappy, I knew i'd be stuck in it until the next morning.