BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pictures of children
I agree with Ali I'm not at all comfortable with pictures of real children and are leaving ourselves wide open for attack from people outside our community because there's a big difference between posting a photo of an adult dressed up as a child and posting a photo of an actual child
I set up a poll to see what everyone thinks.
Everyone, I also feel very uncomfortable with photos and pictures of children being posted to this site.  I would prefer a rule of 18 years + with permission for all such images.  Rogella
(10-15-2016, 10:06 AM)rogella Wrote: Everyone, I also feel very uncomfortable with photos and pictures of children being posted to this site.  I would prefer a rule of 18 years + with permission for all such images.  Rogella

Rogella,

I understand your discomfort and share it to a degree, though I wrote the current policy.

So I'm not being snarky or sarcastic when I ask:

How could such a rule be enforced? Require all posters with attachments to pre-submit posts and permissions and age statements to moderators? I don't have time for that, let alone tracking down violators who post without pre-submitting. What about links to mainstream news articles about TG youth?

Any guideline must be capable of being administered by volunteers. We have over 400 members, not counting  banned spammers (about 90) and hundreds of threads - too many to check individually.
Stamp out useless scrolling! To reply to posts, click Reply, then Control (or Command) + A, then start typing. Or, to focus on one part of a previous post, delete the unneeded sections, then reply. Add a similar message to your .sig if you like.

Your forum maid,

ModeratorM Cool
(10-15-2016, 05:14 PM)ModeratorM Wrote:
(10-15-2016, 10:06 AM)rogella Wrote: Everyone, I also feel very uncomfortable with photos and pictures of children being posted to this site.  I would prefer a rule of 18 years + with permission for all such images.  Rogella

Rogella,

I understand your discomfort and share it to a degree, though I wrote the current policy.

How could such a rule be enforced? Require all posters with attachments to pre-submit posts and permissions and age statements to moderators? I don't have time for that, let alone tracking down violators who post without pre-submitting. What about links to mainstream news articles about TG youth?

Any guideline must be capable of being administered by volunteers. We have over 400 members, not counting  banned spammers (about 90) and hundreds of threads - too many to check individually.

Thats not to mention the amount of "Guests" . They seem to outnumber all the members and we have no control over them .
Angel A little bit of hanky panky does you good .  Angel
I don't think Guests can post.

Michele's practical point is a good one. But if there is a rule most people will stick to it. Those who don't could be reported, in the same way as other rule breaks would be.

But I do appreciate it's a difficult one.
Here 's a compromise . Rather than posting a picture . Post a link to the picture . That way it's not on the board and it's your choice whether you look or not .
I appreciate what both minisissyboy and Bill have said:

* Members need to police the forum themselves .... I'll add that any member can click the Report button at the bottom of any post. This generates a notice to all moderators. The next moderator to log on will see it and take appropriate action.

* Rather than posting a picture, post a link to the picture.

Currently, there are two moderators and two administrators, Auntie Helga, who is the owner but who seldom visits the site (being occupied with the 'zine and her correspondence with submissives and Superiors worldwide) and me, in my identities as micheleFFS and ModeratorM.
Stamp out useless scrolling. Click Reply, then press CNTRL (or Command)  + A, then write your reply.

Your obedient servant,

micheleFFS  Cool
(10-16-2016, 12:52 PM)micheleFFS Wrote: I appreciate what both minisissyboy and Bill have said:

* Members need to police the forum themselves .... I'll add that any member can click the Report button at the bottom of any post. This generates a notice to all moderators. The next moderator to log on will see it and take appropriate action.

* Rather than posting a picture, post a link to the picture.

Currently, there are two moderators and two administrators, Auntie Helga, who is the owner but who seldom visits the site (being occupied with the 'zine and her correspondence with submissives and Superiors worldwide) and me, in my identities as micheleFFS and ModeratorM.

GASP! ...You are the elusive Moderator M ? LOL . The FFS wouldn't happen to be black 10 dernier with seams and cuban heels . Lace suspenderbelt also black ? I need another cold shower lol .
Angel A little bit of hanky panky does you good .  Angel
(10-15-2016, 05:39 PM)Bill thanks for your reply, I understand the practical problems involved. Respectfully,  rogella Wrote:
(10-15-2016, 05:14 PM)ModeratorM Wrote:

Rogella,

Thats not to mention the amount of "Guests" . They seem to outnumber all the members and we have no control over them .