ande.banner
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pictures of children
You'll have seen that there has recently been some further guidance from Aunty Helga and Michele on the posting of pictures of children/minors. 

Personally I don't feel comfortable that pics of children are posted at all, whatever the circumstances. 

Most people outside our community don't understand it. My concern about posting pics of children is that those who don't understand will wrongly assume that there's a link to paedophilia. We all know that that isn't the case, but IMHO posting pics of children, of any sort, risks giving outsiders the chance to draw the wrong conclusion. 

In my view there's a big difference between writing accounts of things that happened to myself as a child, or writing clearly fictional fantasies about what happened to me as a child, and posting pictures of real children. 

What does everyone else think?
As much as I enjoy seeing kids experience gender swapping play times or gender roll games and even gender reversed balls and contests. I believe you are correct in pointing out, that to the general populous who believe gender role reversing, especially for boys is a busine behavior, the link to pediphilia is an easy one to make. (Simple the comment leap is) "oh, you get off on looking at pictures of boys in dresses". They can't make the link, that we are simply pointing out a desire for free gender expressions. In everyone.
Heart Dreaming of a softer more loving caring and nurturing kind of world Heart
It's difficult.

This is the problem when you are dealing with a subject that is all too easy for certain people in the media to jump on and take out of context. 

Hence the rules on this. 

I'm fully supportive a person right to choose/change/fluid their gender. I know the issues that transgender youths go through, the problems and the sad outcomes, that still happen to far too many. The problem is that there are those who seek to denigrate them, will also attack their supporters given an opportunity. It's not nice to hear, but it remains a sad fact. 

Also people need to be aware that just as there are different levels of acceptance in different countries there are different levels of hate /ignorance -both unintentional and intentional /misunderstanding   around the world. What is acceptable in your location may not be elsewhere. 

Much as I (and all of us) wish this wasn't the case, it remains so.

(I suffer from ME/CFS and it's hit my ability to fully explain stuff so sorry if this seems harsh/off but it's the best I can do to explain my thoughts/opinions on this delicate subject)
We speak to the same conserns
As moderator, I'm very glad to see this discussion. I encouraged Ali to raise the topic.

I hope others join in. That hope is the main reason I haven't taken part in this thread yet.

As moderator, my primary concern is to keep the discourse here respectful. I'm very pleased to report that there have been no posts that needed moderation on this score.

I spend most of my moderation time identifying and banning spammers. We have over 400 members with more signing up daily. A few are spammers and some of these don't post when they sign up. Bill and Baby Sam have taken on part of this task.

I can't, as with the original Voy Petticoated forum, approve every post ‚ÄĒ too many. Basically, I use the Portal to identify recent posts, most of which are by folks I know and trust. I check out others.

However, I noticed the news links with linked pics of transgendered minors. Neither the pics nor the content was otherwise offensive. I did find two pics of diapered children or adults pretending to be babies on their backs, facing the camera, legs spread. I deleted the post and sent mail to the poster, an otherwise inoffensive regular.

In the last few years, discussion of TG issues has moved more mainstream, even in the prudish US. So I discussed the situation with Auntie Helga and we came up with the new posting guidelines.

I take your input very seriously. I urge you and any other members to send me or my alter ego, micheleFFS, links to any posts you find questionable or offensive.

If you have suggestions to modify the current guidelines without the complete ban on minors with which we started, I'd be very open to that. Since this is a text-only discussion, I emphasize that this request is genuine and respectful of our differences and of your integrity.

Here, for the discussion, are the changed guidelines:

* Links to news articles about transgendered youth are allowed provided the children are fully clothed and not displayed in any sexually provocative manner.

* Provided you use great care and discretion, tasteful images of fully clothed transgendered children in non-sexual poses and situations are allowed. You are encouraged to pre-clear images with a moderator. Knowing that pedophiles are aroused by images others regard as not suggestive, ask yourself if the image might arouse a pedophile. If you say yes or maybe, don’t post or pre-clear the image.
Stamp out useless scrolling! To reply to posts, click Reply, then Control (or Command) + A, then start typing. Or, to focus on one part of a previous post, delete the unneeded sections, then reply. Add a similar message to your .sig if you like.

Your forum maid,

ModeratorM Cool
(10-08-2016, 08:22 AM)Ali Wrote: Ali wrote, in part:

In my view there's a big difference between writing accounts of things that happened to myself as a child, or writing clearly fictional fantasies about what happened to me as a child, and posting pictures of real children. 

What does everyone else think?

Ali,

I agree that there's a difference between true accounts and fiction and pictures. The difference is important and there's even a legal difference in the US.

I also think the discussion about TG youth is moving mainstream, which influenced the new rules, discussed below.
Stamp out useless scrolling! To reply to posts, click Reply, then Control (or Command) + A, then start typing. Or, to focus on one part of a previous post, delete the unneeded sections, then reply. Add a similar message to your .sig if you like.

Your forum maid,

ModeratorM Cool
(10-10-2016, 03:29 PM)ModeratorM Wrote: The difference is important and there's even a legal difference in the US.
More so overseas - here in the UK the laws are different, in some ways better in some ways worse.
I find the photos of the children uncomfortable, it only takes an ill informed idiot to jump to the wrong conclusion.

What also concerns me is the need to post the photos. Do we actually need the visual material? I think not. Do we have permission to reproduce here? How do we know there was no wrongful intent when they were taken. What if these children who are now grown up see them being flaunted on a site that openly has sexual themes in other threads.

I really do think they have no place here.

Missie
To me and the rest of the moderation team, there's an issue of how to keep up. Our volume is greater than ever under Voy, and the new forum with many sub-fora and threads make moderating a real challenge.

Here's what I mean:

In the current forum, we have:

Posts per day: 12.17

Members per day: 2.78

490 members, 90 banned spammers, up to 6 per day.

In contrast, in two years of moderating two Voy groups, I usually had no more than 3 post per day in one queue. The greatest number was seven, one time.

On Voy, I banned a handful of spammers and one troll. I asked one person to rewrite two posts and, after an initial private threat to report me to Voy, she backed off when I pointed out I approved the post she rewrote.

During that time, one poster was clearly hostile to our topic and I approved it, confident our community would react appropriately. After two posts. with open-minded, gentle responses from us, the poster disappeared.

I deleted one post from our current board because two of the pics might be arousing to pedophiles.

The dilemma is that I don't have the time to vet every post and the posts I deleted were questionable at worst.

I appreciate the disagreements among us and the respectful tone we have.
Stamp out useless scrolling. Click Reply, then press CNTRL (or Command)  + A, then write your reply.

Your obedient servant,

micheleFFS  Cool
Thank you! For the mere fact the transgender issues and conserns have become "Main Street". It is very important that their be a percentage of reality to posts of this genre. People new to the trans community are doing searches to find out more information. It would be good to know that we amongst the many are also giving a far share of reality, less fantasy and with no amount of abuse and pedophilla present.

(10-10-2016, 09:33 PM)Silymaid Wrote: I find the photos of the children uncomfortable, it only takes an ill informed idiot to jump to the wrong conclusion.

What also concerns me is the need to post the photos. Do we actually need the visual material? I think not. Do we have permission to reproduce here? How do we know there was no wrongful intent when they were taken. What if these children who are now grown up see them being flaunted on a site that openly has sexual themes in other threads.

I really do think they have no place here.

Missie
I do agree, though I do like the idea of seeing "real life" incodences of our trans youth being openly accepted and supported. I do get uncomfortable wondering if it's not being used in a darker light.

Too many still believe, any kind of feminization in the life of a adolescent male is abusive. And will consider anyone of them tools for the darker side of "man".

And the saddest part of that. Any amount of masculinizing adolescent girls is applauded and encouraged! Sad