ande.banner
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine - Just what I need /s
Hi All,

Not had the greatest start to the year

In January, Mum falls over her feet in the kitchen in her house. Luckily it was at 15:45 or so, as I was due round for dinner at about 17:00, so when I arrived she'd been laying for and hour and a half. Turns out she's cracked her pelvis.

Cue a trip to A&E (ER) then various wards till she ends up on 305, which is the winter OAP ward. Several of them have dementia and have to be given drugs so the others can actually get some sleep. A fair few are ex nursing home or waiting for places.

Mum spends a few weeks in there. I'm visiting every other day, as it's hard work and trek (I've ME/CFS) 

On the off days, I'm Sam - Mum definitely does not approve of Sam, so I take the opportunity

She then moves to a recuperation hospital 20 miles away. It's a longer but easier drive.

She's there a few more weeks, but I'm getting to the point of every third day visiting.  But the only time I was out nappies/training pants was to see her.

She gets home and whilst she's sorta mobile, she can't make dinner. So I'm going round and doing that. She's a bit better now - I'm still going round for dinner though

because we're in lockdown. With ME/CFS I need to self isolate. We're not on the government list - which is normal - there isn't a test so we don't fit in a box, hence missed. Mum's on a Supermarket priority list >80 & disabled. So we can get the shopping delivered.

I'm back to being Sam except not a dinner time, but I can't go shopping. I really was looking forward to being able to go look at a few charity shops, for some baby toys/Duplo. Or go shopping in training pants or go get a milkshake and I can't.
Adult Baby looking for Nanny/Mummy/Friends

Also suffer from ME/CFS so if I'm slow to post it's because I probably don't have the energy
Sorry to hear all that, Sam.

I know it's not the same, but you do have all of us too! I'm happy to chat on DM if you'd like to. x
While I know nobody is enamored with the quarantine and things being shut down as they are, I will point out that the effects of doing so are being seen in places like California. Our governor went for it earlier than most and the populace seems to have readily embraced it. Being the most populous state in the US, we are nowhere near the numbers that some other states have for infected and dead.

I know it sucks, but it's not for that long.
(04-07-2020, 07:56 PM)baby sam Wrote: Hi All,

In January, Mum falls over her feet in the kitchen in her house. Luckily it was at 15:45 or so, as I was due round for dinner at about 17:00, so when I arrived she'd been laying for and hour and a half. Turns out she's cracked her pelvis.

Cue a trip to A&E (ER) then various wards till she ends up on 305, which is the winter OAP ward. Several of them have dementia and have to be given drugs so the others can actually get some sleep. A fair few are ex nursing home or waiting for places.

Mum spends a few weeks in there. I'm visiting every other day, as it's hard work and trek (I've ME/CFS) 

On the off days, I'm Sam - Mum definitely does not approve of Sam, so I take the opportunity

She then moves to a recuperation hospital 20 miles away. It's a longer but easier drive.

She's there a few more weeks, but I'm getting to the point of every third day visiting.  But the only time I was out nappies/training pants was to see her.

She gets home and whilst she's sorta mobile, she can't make dinner. So I'm going round and doing that. She's a bit better now - I'm still going round for dinner though

because we're in lockdown. With ME/CFS I need to self isolate. We're not on the government list - which is normal - there isn't a test so we don't fit in a box, hence missed. Mum's on a Supermarket priority list >80 & disabled. So we can get the shopping delivered.

I'm back to being Sam except not a dinner time, but I can't go shopping. I really was looking forward to being able to go look at a few charity shops, for some baby toys/Duplo. Or go shopping in training pants or go get a milkshake and I can't.

I know it really sucks . Being disabled with health problems myself I'm on at least a 12 week lockdown . I'm not allowed to be by myself so am staying at my cousins which is lovely and I love her to pieces . You run out of things to say to each other pretty quickly after two weeks and have to be on the shops delivery sites 24/7 just to snatch a food delivery booking . Now they tell me it might be extended well into the summer . I have nappy rash as well on top of everything else lol .
Angel A little bit of hanky panky does you good .  Angel
(04-10-2020, 08:10 AM)Bill Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 07:56 PM)baby sam Wrote: Hi All,

I know it really sucks . Being disabled with health problems myself I'm on at least a 12 week lockdown . I'm not allowed to be by myself so am staying at my cousins which is lovely and I love her to pieces . You run out of things to say to each other pretty quickly after two weeks and have to be on the shops delivery sites 24/7 just to snatch a food delivery booking . Now they tell me it might be extended well into the summer . I have nappy rash as well on top of everything else lol .
And no babysitters or playdates either .
Angel A little bit of hanky panky does you good .  Angel