BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women Leaders in Politics
On a local level...our elections in my home region were held yesterday...for the first time our city (pop. 36,500) has elected a Female as Mayor.  Also the position of Clerk-Treasurer was won by a Female and 2 out of 3 seats on city council were filled by Women...nearly a Female Sweep!

If male privilege is to be denied and eliminated, this is certainly a good place to begin...removal of males from government and replacement by more qualified Women...i'm proud of my city!  And yes...i voted a straight party ticket (all Female).
Wonderful!

But are they all straight? (giggle)

Now I am being very serious.

We have a transgender female in our state legislature (Virginia) and another ran for City Council locally here but lost.

Sarah McBride is running for the Delaware State Senate in 2020. She is also transgender.

https://sarahmcbride.com/

What counts is getting qualified, passionate leaders.

In petticoats and permed curls
Miss Kimmi
Transgender Palm Springs City Councilwoman Lisa Middleton could make history if she enters the special election for an open California Senate seat. If elected, she would be the first trans person to serve in the state's Legislature and be the first transgender state Senator in the country.

Middleton made history with her election to her council seat in 2017, becoming the first transgender person elected to a non-judicial office in the Golden State. She told the Bay Area Reporter she is now "seriously considering" the unexpected opportunity to run for the state legislative seat.
https://www.ebar.com/news/latest_news//283932
(11-06-2019, 11:00 AM)sissyjamieanne Wrote: On a local level...our elections in my home region were held yesterday...for the first time our city (pop. 36,500) has elected a Female as Mayor.  Also the position of Clerk-Treasurer was won by a Female and 2 out of 3 seats on city council were filled by Women...nearly a Female Sweep!

If male privilege is to be denied and eliminated, this is certainly a good place to begin...removal of males from government and replacement by more qualified Women...i'm proud of my city!  And yes...i voted a straight party ticket (all Female).

That is great to hear, sissyjamieanne. I would vote for female myself, whenever  such opportunity available. Im sure a Female Future is coming, there is no stopping it.                        from nancy
A good example of Female leaders in politics can now be found in Finland:

https://twitter.com/TNiskakangas/status/...1658995713