satban
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello everyone. I've joined this site out of curiosity as I use a participating as a means of discipline. It is something I grew up with as my mother used it on my brother and it is something I have continued with my children who are now in their teens. I find it highly effective in keeping them in line: not only my son but my daughter too. I would very much like to hear from others like me as it seems a frowned upon practice these days despite it's efficacy.  That's all for now.
Margaret
Welcome, Margaret!

We'd love to hear more.

Enjoy your time here.

Kimmi
<curtsey> Welcome Margaret, it's wonderful to hear from Superior Females! We all look forward to hearing about Your insights and experiences.
(08-28-2019, 11:24 PM)Margaret Wrote: Hello everyone. I've joined this site out of curiosity as I use a participating as a means of discipline. It is something I grew up with as my mother used it on my brother and it is something I have continued with my children who are now in their teens. I find it highly effective in keeping them in line: not only my son but my daughter too. I would very much like to hear from others like me as it seems a frowned upon practice these days despite it's efficacy.  That's all for now.
Margaret

sorry miss   i missed something in your post    what please is "participation " as a disciplinary measure ?  thank you   tommie
(08-29-2019, 10:11 PM)Oops! That should be "petticoating" not participating ! Autocorrect is rat her annoying sometimes! Margaret  touchdown Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 11:24 PM)Margaret Wrote: Hello everyone. I've joined this site out of curiosity as I use a participating as a means of discipline. It is something I grew up with as my mother used it on my brother and it is something I have continued with my children who are now in their teens. I find it highly effective in keeping them in line: not only my son but my daughter too. I would very much like to hear from others like me as it seems a frowned upon practice these days despite it's efficacy.  That's all for now.
Margaret

sorry miss   i missed something in your post    what please is "participation " as a disciplinary measure ?  thank you   tommie
Margaret

Hi Margaret

Welcome to the site and I hope that your curiosity is satisfied.  

From what I have read, petticoat discipline was used in the Victorian and Edwardian eras, but after the First World War both woman's fashion and people's attitudes changed.  The petticoat and other feminine accoutrements such as corsetry became unfashionable as women went in clothing that would allow them to move and work more easily. Also, petticoat discipline became frowned upon as a means of punishment.

It's good to know that it is still practised and I would like to hear more about your experiences with it.

love

Lottie
A message from Selby

(08-31-2019, 07:59 AM)Hello, Lottie, Wrote: thank you for your welcome and for your summary of the origins and history of petticoat discipline which accords with what I know of it. Personally, I don't think the specific type of clothing are that important in the effects of this sort of discipline and different types seem vary in their impacts on different  disciplined individuals. The reason it is so effective as a technique I think, lies in the inherent misogyny of the male of the species and also our society more generally. There is no reason why wearing the clothing of the opposite gender should be a negative thing. However, as males instinctively and culturally seem to see females as inferior there is a stigma and intense humiliation associated with it for them. It is the kind of attitude which needs correction in males and, ironically, the use of their shame and humiliation through making them wear female clothing is a perfect measure for teaching them respect and, yes, subservience.

I began using the method on my son in response to his increasing misbehaviour, growing arrogance and anti-social behaviour and it has been most effective. I started with the odd item - a pair of knickers for the day, or a blouse or sleeping in a nightie, but now regularly have him in skirt or a dress. 

Margaret

Lottie
Margaret

Hi Margaret

Welcome to the site and I hope that your curiosity is satisfied.  

From what I have read, petticoat discipline was used in the Victorian and Edwardian eras, but after the First World War both woman's fashion and people's attitudes changed.  The petticoat and other feminine accoutrements such as corsetry became unfashionable as women went in clothing that would allow them to move and work more easily. Also, petticoat discipline became frowned upon as a means of punishment.

It's good to know that it is still practised and I would like to hear more about your experiences with it.

love

Lottie
Dear Margaret,

As I said in my Reputation accolade, I really appreciate your explanation of why the clothing of the superior sex is  hunmiliating to males: " The reason it is so effective as a technique I think, lies in the inherent misogyny of the male of the species and also our society more generally. There is no reason why wearing the clothing of the opposite gender should be a negative thing. However, as males instinctively and culturally seem to see females as inferior there is a stigma and intense humiliation associated with it for them. It is the kind of attitude which needs correction in males and, ironically, the use of their shame and humiliation through making them wear female clothing is a perfect measure for teaching them respect and, yes, subservience."

I'm sure I'm not alone in being curious to know more about your petticoating practices. How old are the petticoated boy (s)? What behaviors prompted this and how have they changed?

Thank you for any answer you care to share with us.
Stamp out useless scrolling. Click Reply, then press CNTRL (or Command)  + A, then write your reply.

Your obedient servant,

micheleFFS  Cool
(09-01-2019, 04:57 PM)Hello micheleFFS,in answer to your questions, my son quite quickly became anti-social as he entered his teens. Looking back some of it was a classic case of \falling in with the wrong crowd' coupled with that annoying male bravado and competition between peers. The result was he became more and more obnoxious to live with and began getting into trouble at school, with his academic achievements falling, and finally with the police, firstly for shoplifting and then anti-social behaviour. That was the last straw for me and I began to discipline him using petticoating.That was 18 months or so ago and now he is much improved. His academic work is back on track and he is much more respectful. In addition he is quite meek, even subservient, although there is a way to go yet. A bonus is he is now useful around the house, able to cook meals for myself and his sister and is proving useful with a needle for minor repairs.Margaret micheleFFS Wrote: Dear Margaret,

As I said in my Reputation accolade, I really appreciate your explanation of why the clothing of the superior sex is  hunmiliating to males: " The reason it is so effective as a technique I think, lies in the inherent misogyny of the male of the species and also our society more generally. There is no reason why wearing the clothing of the opposite gender should be a negative thing. However, as males instinctively and culturally seem to see females as inferior there is a stigma and intense humiliation associated with it for them. It is the kind of attitude which needs correction in males and, ironically, the use of their shame and humiliation through making them wear female clothing is a perfect measure for teaching them respect and, yes, subservience."

I'm sure I'm not alone in being curious to know more about your petticoating practices. How old are the petticoated boy (s)? What behaviors prompted this and how have they changed?

Thank you for any answer you care to share with us.