satban
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some news from Ireland
Greystones primary school to allow boys to wear skirts in new gender-neutral measures put forward by students

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/gerystone...s-16457238

A lot of radio interviews about this, some very angry people
(08-05-2019, 01:34 PM)karenwalsh Wrote: Greystones primary school to allow boys to wear skirts in new gender-neutral measures put forward by students

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/gerystone...s-16457238

A lot of radio interviews about this, some very angry people

Very interesting news, indeed!  The article says that this uniform change was initiated by the students, after they surveyed all the classes, and that it was supported by both parents and the school.  Seems that all concerned are in favor of this measure, then.  It seems to be a pretty common-sense approach -- wear what you're comfortable wearing.  No one's dictating anything to anyone.  I can't help but wonder, if maybe some boys might try out skirts just to see what they're like, or in the increasingly warm to hot summer months, because they're much more comfortable.  

So who's being angry?  People who are not in the least affected?  ...and whose business it isn't?  There seem to be no end of people so eager to butt in where they have no business. 
Hi Mikki,

I must dig out some of the radio interviews and the links some hateful people out there, and very bigoted presenters.

Though some of the council who brought this about said they were returning to school in skirts in september to support pupils who might want to, though since then they have played down skirt and even the uniform shop is calling them kilts now.
How bizarre that some people are getting angry about what kids are allowed to wear.

Girls wear trousers all the time - why shouldn't boys wear skirts if they want to?

How lovely that some of the kids, presumably both boys and girls, have to decided to wear skirts when they return to school so that anyone who would like to doesn't feel isolated. I'm sure a few of the boys, once they get over the inevitable teasing, will find a skirt much more comfortable than trousers, especially in hot weather.
(08-07-2019, 02:29 PM)karenwalsh Wrote: Hi Mikki,

I must dig out some of the radio interviews and the links some hateful people out there, and very bigoted presenters.

Coming from a very Irish family, I am very aware of how strongly opinionated the Irish can be, especially on subjects that are really none of their business.  
To quote Ali

Quote:How lovely that some of the kids, presumably both boys and girls, have to decided to wear skirts when they return to school so that anyone who would like to doesn't feel isolated. I'm sure a few of the boys, once they get over the inevitable teasing, will find a skirt much more comfortable than trousers, especially in hot weather.

I agree with Ali that skirts are definitely more comfortable than trousers, I would also add shorts to that. Even the legs of shorts cannot provide the volume of air around the area of the thighs that a skirt can. That's because they have narrow leg openings. The opening of a skirt at the hem is far greater than the openings of a pair of shorts.

To quote karenwalsh

Quote:Though some of the council who brought this about said they were returning to school in skirts in september to support pupils who might want to, though since then they have played down skirt and even the uniform shop is calling them kilts now.

I wonder if any have taken advantage of this
https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1141784323382751234

Another sick day in #Ireland: Pretend Catholic school in Wicklow tells little boys who think they are ‘sexually confused’ they can wear skirts. Here’s my stream from Greystones: (link: https://youtu.be/ZyUz793hMU8) youtu.be/ZyUz793hMU8

https://www.classichits.ie/podcasts/nial...ry-school/

This is a transscript from a radio show.

Well its telling the back lash over a single garment, No issue for a girl to wear a pain of trousers, but for a boy to wear a skirt all hell breaks loose,

Then parents were saying on radio that they don’t want gender neutral, they don’t want gender neutral toilets as the boys would mess the seats and the girls would be upset. I would have thought this would also be an issue at home as well one would think parents would teach a boy to raise the seat and have some manners, but no it seems its expected and rather than teaching a boy how to behave assign them toilets were they can be little animals.

One of the committee who was in 5th class was on the radio yesterday afternoon, and the presenter was "how in god’s name" and "why would you want to bring in such a thing" the kid who was maybe 10 or so sounded like he was 40 and said well we want an inclusive school where everyone feels comfortable and now they have it.

The radio presenter asked "did he think any boys were going to avail of the change" and the kid said that all committee members will be attending the first day back in skirts such as to help any other student that wants to as well.

The presenter almost lot his ****,

He asked "so let me get this straight you are going to attend in a skirt"
Kid said Yea,
Presenter asked "have you thought about this do you know what you are doing"
Kid said Yea.
Presenter asked "How do your parents feel about this"
Kid said mum and dad are proud of what we did.
Presented was “So you are going to wear a skirt for the first day then"
Kid came back and said "he was going to wear a skirt for school"
Presenter said "for the first day"
Kid said "for school"
Presenter said "so you will wear it after the first day"
kid said "yea"
Presenter said "Oh My"
Kid said "the school has made it clear you chose the uniform you wear it"
Presenter Said I am reading out an excerpt from a statement from chairman of the board of the school said ""Now if a boy goes beyond that, seeks to exploit or to create difficulty or to do it for a laugh we have other policies - behaviour policies, bullying policies - which we will implement."
Kid said "the school does not want students messing around or wearing a skirt making fun of other students so if a male student or a transgendered student chooses to take the skirt as part of their uniform that is their uniform"
Presenter said "SO are your saying if girl chose pants she has to stick with them"
Kid said "maybe" But then said that if a person decides to alter their uniform they clear it with the school but the main thing is that they do not disrupt classes but making a joke of others."
Presenter asked "how do your parents feel about this"
Kid said "my Mum and Dad support us"
Presenter said "He did not know what to say but fair play to him"
Kid said "thanks"
Presenter said "Though you might change your mind with winter starts to bite"
Kid said "If that is the case my school and mum will have to let me change"
Presenter said "I am sure the school will let you off once you have made your point"
Kid Said "Not making any point we are there so that other who do chose a different uniform have support and others who are dressed the same"
Presenter said "I suppose"
Then kid said "Mum asked me to think about it and decide when all the drama has died down"
Presenter said "Did you take it"
Kid said "Kid said yes and no"
Presenter asked “Why did he say that”
Presenter said he had the outfitters on earlier and they have amended their website to be gender neutral for the school in question he said they have replaced the term skirt for kilt and then asked the kid did that make it any different”
Kid said “not really it’s a name”
Presenter asked “so your parents have ordered your uniform already,”
Kid Said “I have it in my wardrobe”
Presenter asked “how did he feel about that”
Kid said “Fine its 10 weeks before going back”
Presenter said “no second thoughts”
Kid said “no”
Presenter said "He would like to talk to him again after a month of school to see if he is still wearing a skirt.
Kid Said "I will be"
Presenter said "You seem confident"
Kid said " My mum and I went to get the uniform and he said he had no doubts, he said before she paid she asked me was I sure"

Presenter Said “And were you”
Kid Said “I was”
Presenter Said “So what did you get”
Kid Said “2 Skirt, 3 shirt, 2 sweater, and a few pairs of long socks”
Presenter Said “I presume the sweaters and shirts are the same for both genders”
Kid Said “yes”
Presenter Said “So an easy fix if you decide to stop your mother buys you a pair of pants”
Kid Said “my mum made it clear that I choose a skirt I will wear them till I finish school”
Presenter Said “So you have a year then”
Kid Said “Yes”
Presenter Said “I am sure if you have second thought your mum will give in all mothers do”
Kid Said “It’s hard to expect my mum to pay 40 euros each for 2 skirt plus socks and then not use them”
Presenter Said “I suppose you are right”
Kid Said “My sister wears a skirt for school so it should not be an issue for me”
Presenter Said “She is a girl so it should not be a issue to her, How does she feel about it”
Kid Said “She thinks it great as in her school they have to wear a skirt”
Presenter Said “Maybe she will do the same in her school”
Kid Said “Maybe”
Kid Said “That’s the whole reason why we are doing this as gender neutral so people have a choice”
Presenter Said “Will you come back on when you start school”
Kid Said “I would love to”
Presenter said "We will leave it at that thanks for joining us"

After that parents phoned up said the school should be shut down for depravity, that the kid should be taken off his parents and locked up other said poor misguided child and she blamed the lack of faith in our lord, Crazy stuff
This guy is such a bigot.
(08-11-2019, 10:20 PM)Andrew Jane Wrote: This guy is such a bigot.

He just needs a strong Woman to take him in hand. It’s what he secretly wants (and fears). That’s why he is here.