BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross Dressing Since the War
Peter Farrer's last book before his death last year was "Cross Dressing Since the War." It collected letters from the true crime magazine Justice Weekly from 1955 to 1972.

Peter claimed that the letters were not copyrighted and could be reprinted without restriction. Here is his first letter. It has several common features: the children are homeschooled, boy/girl twins are dressed exactly alike, and both boys and girls are put in corsets to give them a lovelier, more feminine appearance. And she gets lots of compliments on how pretty they are.

August 27, 1955

Smacking By Hand Enough English Mother Believes

My husband always bings home from Canada your most interesting paper and I thought your readers would like to know how some English parents brought up their children.
We have three, Mary who is 20 and twins, Ethel and Harold of 14. I have always believed in dressing children as children and not as grown-ups and the twins are dressed exactly alike. All three have lessons at home and for these the twins wear shorts above the knee, school frocks and cream bloomers.
For other occasions they wear pretty frocks and petticoats and white-frilled knickers.All three wear tight corsets to train their figures and their hair is worn in two plaits down their backs and I am often complimented on their appearance.
For his 21st birthday Harold will have his hair cut and be put into trousers but until then he will be kept dressed like his twin sister.
I also believe in proper childish punishment when they are naughty. I do not use a cane as my hand is quite effective. They are just put over my lap with frocks turned back to the waist and knickers down and a smacking with my hand on the bare bottom soon makes the child sob and kick its legs.
All three were caught this afternoon smoking and they are standing crying face to the wall holding their frocks up and their knickers down to show three red bottoms and they won't want to sit down for a while.
Generally they are three happy children and Harold is treated exactly as his sisters.
Wishing your Paper every success.

(Mrs) Marj. Donaldson
London, England
(01-17-2019, 01:42 PM)Julie Wilson Wrote: Peter Farrer's last book before his death last year was "Cross Dressing Since the War." It collected letters from the true crime magazine Justice Weekly from 1955 to 1972.

Peter claimed that the letters were not copyrighted and could be reprinted without restriction. Here is his first letter. It has several common features: the children are homeschooled, boy/girl twins are dressed exactly alike, and both boys and girls are put in corsets to give them a lovelier, more feminine appearance. And she gets lots of compliments on how pretty they are.

August 27, 1955

Smacking By Hand Enough English Mother Believes

My husband always bings home from Canada your most interesting paper and I thought your readers would like to know how some English parents brought up their children.
We have three, Mary who is 20 and twins, Ethel and Harold of 14. I have always believed in dressing children as children and not as grown-ups and the twins are dressed exactly alike. All three have lessons at home and for these the twins wear shorts above the knee, school frocks and cream bloomers.
For other occasions they wear pretty frocks and petticoats and white-frilled knickers.All three wear tight corsets to train their figures and their hair is worn in two plaits down their backs and I am often complimented on their appearance.
For his 21st birthday Harold will have his hair cut and be put into trousers but until then he will be kept dressed like his twin sister.
I also believe in proper childish punishment when they are naughty. I do not use a cane as my hand is quite effective. They are just put over my lap with frocks turned back to the waist and knickers down and a smacking with my hand on the bare bottom soon makes the child sob and kick its legs.
All three were caught this afternoon smoking and they are standing crying face to the wall holding their frocks up and their knickers down to show three red bottoms and they won't want to sit down for a while.
Generally they are three happy children and Harold is treated exactly as his sisters.
Wishing your Paper every success.

(Mrs) Marj. Donaldson
London, England

Mz Julie... thank You for re-printing this article giving some historical perspective on early origins of Female First philosophy.
May 26, 1956

Authenticity of Letter Doubted

I am writing because you write in "Justice Weekly" about spankings, but if mummy catches me she will smack my bottom and it does hurt. She buys your paper every week but I'm not allowed to see it, and once she did catch me and I got such whipping, so I daren't give my address.
We are English and live alone. I'm just over 19 but mummy says boys should be under discipline until they are 21 and I daren't rebel. She also says boys should be kept in petticoats and need support as much as girls. So I am kept in very tight stays, white frilly panties and petticoats.
When we go out I have to wear kilts and although my petticoat doesn't show I know I'm wearing one and feel so ashamed. Indoors I weak a girl's frock and it's well above my knees and you can see my frills.
When I'm naughty mummy spanks my bottom with a hairbrush and I confess that I do cry and kick my legs and it does hurt. Mummy puts me overhear lap and actually takes my panties down and smacks my bare bottom and I feel so helpless.
I tell her I'm too big and old to wear petticoats and get smacked but she won't listen and I get smacked even if visitors come and then having to stand in the corner holding my frocks up so my crimson and smarting bottom can be seen and I'm so ashamed.
I have to wear a girl's nightie and sometimes mummy takes me out in girl's jeans and I'm so ashamed at being all shut up at the front and at my jeans fastening at the side.
I can't do anything and a smacked bottom does hurt and mummy is so strong and smacks me just where it does hurt.
Please what can I do.

Petticoated Billy

Editor's Note -- Despite the "childishness" of the hand-writing, I do not believe you. If you are sincere, send your address.
Thank You for sharing this Ma'am. It's a nice insight into the strict rearing of children in the 50's...and i'm sure they were much better mannered and well-behaved than the children of today...that the boy was raised to be gentle and feminine seems appropriate given the behavior often exhibited by boys (especially teens). i'm sure i wouldn't have enjoyed being treated in this manner whilst growing up, but i know i would have realized the benefit of such a regime as an adult.

Most respectfully,

sissy jamieanne
Does anyone know where this book can be purchased or read letters from Justice Weekly?
(01-19-2019, 02:46 PM)RadicalFeminist Wrote: Does anyone know where this book can be purchased or read letters from Justice Weekly?

I just did a google search on this Ma'am..."books by Peter Farrer" and found a selection on Amazon...unfortunately they are "out of print" and quite expensive...

Here's the link...

https://www.amazon.com/Books-Peter-Farre...er&ie=UTF8

Most respectfully,

sissy jamieanne
(01-17-2019, 08:44 PM)whyguys Wrote: Mz Julie... thank You for re-printing this article giving some historical perspective on early origins of Female First philosophy.

Actually the widespread recognition of the moral superiority of women and the employment of petticoating arose in the 19th century.
You should try googling FDR in a dress for pictures from the 1890s.
I am a proud member of female first family that has been instrumental in this movement. My family history of mentoring mothers and female empowerment go back more than 200 years. People always misunderstand petticoating as dressing boys like girls. In context between 1800 and 1950 it was common place for all children until school age to wear dresses and have long hair. During this time petticoating was used on bratty boys who got too big for their breeches. What was common was for boys being petticoated to be treated like girls their age and do female chores and hobbies. These practices were handed down from mother to daughter well into the 20th century. Post WW2 things started to change as women begin to work and focus on true female empowerment. During this time, petticoating disappeared from the mainstream but was still used by wise women that know males need to be kept in their place. Now in the 21 century there is rise in popularity of petticoating again, today mothers are using the terms gender neutral, gender creative, etc. while the names change the purpose is the same for mothers today to ensure their brats behave as proper little docile princesses and not nasty bratty boys.
(01-19-2019, 02:46 PM)RadicalFeminist Wrote: Does anyone know where this book can be purchased or read letters from Justice Weekly?

Your best bet is probably Bookfinder.com. But you have to keep monitoring the site because copies pop up and then get get bought.
Until he died in Feb 2017 the books were readily available from Peter in Liverpool. His son in London who inherited probably got rid of the remainder.

try amazon.co.uk from time to time. the first two books of CD 1911-15, and 1916-20 are there at more reasonable prices than amazon.com