ande.banner
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nail polish
Have been wearing nail polish for years, nothing to do with petticoat Discipline, just that I think it looks good regardless of the gender of wearer. I wonder if the embarrassment that many on the forum seem to suffer is more that they wear polish in order to feel embarrassed rather than to look smart and confident with their body image. 
Itsme
(10-12-2018, 10:18 AM)Itsme Wrote: Have been wearing nail polish for years, nothing to do with petticoat Discipline, just that I think it looks good regardless of the gender of wearer. I wonder if the embarrassment that many on the forum seem to suffer is more that they wear polish in order to feel embarrassed rather than to look smart and confident with their body image. 
Itsme

hi i wear nail polish now when i dress but didnt like it much as a kid others seeing my toes and fingers painted
(10-12-2018, 06:23 PM)mummyssissy68 Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 10:18 AM)Itsme Wrote: Have been wearing nail polish for years, nothing to do with petticoat Discipline, just that I think it looks good regardless of the gender of wearer. I wonder if the embarrassment that many on the forum seem to suffer is more that they wear polish in order to feel embarrassed rather than to look smart and confident with their body image. 
Itsme

hi i wear nail polish now when i dress but didnt like it much as a kid others seeing my toes and fingers painted
     I bit my nails when I was in grade school.   I remember my mother coating them with something she bought that tasted hot.  It was supposed to stop the nail biting. When it didn't, she decided to send me to school wearing red nail polish hoping that the teasing I received would stop me.

Today schools wouldn't allow a parent to do that; but I am a child of the 60's and things were different then .  In my catholic school, the nuns and teachers would sometimes use humiliation to control and punish students.  They had no problem with my mother's idea since they would sometimes punish boys by making them sit with the girls or wear a bow in their hair.  Pacifiers were often used to keep chatty boys and girls quiet. 

Today when my wife makes me wear nail polish or artificial nails, it brings back memories of my grade school days when petticoat punishment was common both in and out of school.
(10-13-2018, 10:42 AM)SheWearsThePants Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 06:23 PM)mummyssissy68 Wrote:
Itsme

I bit my nails when I was in grade school.   I remember my mother coating them with something she bought that tasted hot.  It was supposed to stop the nail biting. When it didn't, she decided to send me to school wearing red nail polish hoping that the teasing I received would stop me.

Today schools wouldn't allow a parent to do that; but I am a child of the 60's and things were different then .  In my catholic school, the nuns and teachers would sometimes use humiliation to control and punish students.  They had no problem with my mother's idea since they would sometimes punish boys by making them sit with the girls or wear a bow in their hair.  Pacifiers were often used to keep chatty boys and girls quiet. 

Today when my wife makes me wear nail polish or artificial nails, it brings back memories of my grade school days when petticoat punishment    was common both in and out of school.

Humiliation and embarrassment was a common tool used to control and punish children. I remember when I wasn't potty trained by the age my mother wanted me to I was taken out and about in my sister's old dresses. My mother said it was a two-fold thing, one to make it easier to change diapers, and the other to hopefully embarrass me into getting control.