BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dress brothers and sisters alike
I see nothing wrong with dressing both brothers and sisters alike.  Why should boys be limited to such dull and drab clothing.  Look at the attachment here.  This brother and sister look quite nice dressed alike or similarly.  Dresses and skirts look good on both genders and should not be just limited to one gender.  click on the thumbnail attached here and let me know your thoughts as to allowing boys and girls to wear the same style of clothing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-21-2016, 02:27 PM)melodie Wrote: I see nothing wrong with dressing both brothers and sisters alike.  Why should boys be limited to such dull and drab clothing.  Look at the attachment here.  This brother and sister look quite nice dressed alike or similarly.  Dresses and skirts look good on both genders and should not be just limited to one gender.  click on the thumbnail attached here and let me know your thoughts as to allowing boys and girls to wear the same style of clothing.
======================================================================
Should everybody drive the same type of car.  Should everybody live in the same type of house.  Should everybody dress the same.  Should everybody eat the same food.  Should everybody watch the same television station...... The argument is nonsense. Maybe dresses should be outlawed since some think it is humiliating for girls to wear dresses and boys past a certain age, in general, don't for whatever reason.  It's not a giant patriarchal sexist conspiracy.  Personal I find it strange that people wear shorts out in public.  Some restaurants won't allow people that wear shorts to be seated for a meal.  This whole issue is a 'can of worms' not a conspiracy, ok.  Now-a-days parents are afraid to spank their own kids for fear the local government child welfare dept. and a sheriff will arrest them for child abuse.  Raise you kids the best you can and hope for the best, but don't you actually know what you are talking about because, and I say this in general to include myself, don't know what they are talking about.  I find that even people with five PHD's I have doubts about.  Have you ever heard the phrase 'the more you know the dumber you get'.  The fixation on this board about dresses on kids is a bit much.  I appreciate the fact that this is the PDQ board and I'm not angry, just puzzled.  None of my comments are at you Melodie I do not mean to offend you and apologize if I have. eom
It's nice for a brother and sister to dress the same if they want to.

When my mother first started putting me into my little sister's clothes it was as a punishment and I hated it, but over time I grew to love dressing the same as her.

By the time I left home we had lots of pretty outfits we shared.
(08-21-2016, 03:27 PM)mellonman Wrote:
(08-21-2016, 02:27 PM)melodie Wrote: I see nothing wrong with dressing both brothers and sisters alike.  Why should boys be limited to such dull and drab clothing.  Look at the attachment here.  This brother and sister look quite nice dressed alike or similarly.  Dresses and skirts look good on both genders and should not be just limited to one gender.  click on the thumbnail attached here and let me know your thoughts as to allowing boys and girls to wear the same style of clothing.
Should everybody drive the same type of car.  Should everybody live in the same type of house.  Should everybody dress the same.  Should everybody eat the same food.  Should everybody watch the same television station...... The argument is nonsense. Maybe dresses should be outlawed since some think it is humiliating for girls to wear dresses and boys past a certain age, in general, don't for whatever reason.  It's not a giant patriarchal sexist conspiracy.  Personal I find it strange that people wear shorts out in public.  Some restaurants won't allow people that wear shorts to be seated for a meal.  This whole issue is a 'can of worms' not a conspiracy, ok.  Now-a-days parents are afraid to spank their own kids for fear the local government child welfare dept. and a sheriff will arrest them for child abuse.  Raise you kids the best you can and hope for the best, but don't you actually know what you are talking about because, and I say this in general to include myself, don't know what they are talking about.  I find that even people with five PHD's I have doubts about.  Have you ever heard the phrase 'the more you know the dumber you get'.  The fixation on this board about dresses on kids is a bit much.  I appreciate the fact that this is the PDQ board and I'm not angry, just puzzled.  None of my comments are at you Melodie I do not mean to offend you and apologize if I have. eom

Dear Mellonman, your opinion is of course yours. But if you don't like what you are reading, there are many other forums and pages that have things that are perhaps more suited to you. There is no one compelling you to read this one.
Heart Dreaming of a softer more loving caring and nurturing kind of world Heart
(08-22-2016, 01:38 AM)JoanieB Wrote:

Dear Mellonman, your opinion is of course yours. But if you don't like what you are reading, there are many other forums and pages that have things that are perhaps more suited to you. There is no one compelling you to read this one.
============================================================
Thanks JoanieB for your comment, if you could be more specific in your response than maybe a thoughtful and compelling discussion would take place.  eom MM
(08-22-2016, 02:29 AM)mellonman Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 01:38 AM)JoanieB Wrote:

============================================================
Thanks JoanieB for your comment, if you could be more specific in your response than maybe a thoughtful and compelling discussion would take place.  eom MM
No JoanieB it would do no good if you were more specific in your response. Mellonman's comments are consistently illogical snd incoherent.
I think MM thinks the way of most men that is boys are boys and girls are girls and never the twain be met. Men and boys have worn skirts and Tunics since time began. Tunics are defined as dresses made for males. Allowing gender fluidity allows a person, male or female, to explore how the opposite gender feels and express themselves. We are all made up of both masculine and feminine parts, it starts with our DNA. 23 pairs Chromosomes (46), half are female, half male. Our mitochondria DNA is female as we only get it from our mothers. So you see no-one is true one gender but a combination of both.
(08-22-2016, 11:59 AM)melodie Wrote: I think MM thinks the way of most men that is boys are boys and girls are girls and never the twain be met.  Men and boys have worn skirts and Tunics since time began.  Tunics are defined as dresses made for males.  Allowing gender fluidity allows a person, male or female, to explore how the opposite gender feels and express themselves.  We are all made up of both masculine and feminine parts, it starts with our DNA.  23 pairs Chromosomes (46), half are female, half male.  Our mitochondria DNA is female as we only get it from our mothers.  So you see no-one is true one gender but a combination of both.
=====================================================
I agree with you Melodie on all those points, except the first sentence but I can't explain it to you right at this moment, perhaps in another tread on another day.  My point was I wouldn't want to be dressed/clothed like anybody else, not my brother, not my sister, not my neighbor....  The picture was very cute, no doubt about it and as you say above there is a lot of variation in the DNA, even identical twins aren't the same, right?  I apologized in my original post and I meant it.  It rambled on a bit and although what I said I believe to be true it wasn't pertinent to your original post.  Peace. 
Love it, this is a good step towards a female control society. As a radical feminist I rather see the girl in jeans while the boy is kept in a frilly dress. The world is not ready for this to be the norm, so matching sister/brother outfits is a good first step.
I think that the boy looks fabulous and very happy. I wish that I could look like that.