Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the Name of the Father
In my Goodbye PDQ post, ModeratorM offered me a challenge she/he wrote.  

Quote:As a suggestion, post an experience, a dilemma, or a thought-provoking question.

https://petticoated.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1680

I've got one, the most common themes in a story about petticoating are. Most of the characters are mainly maternal  - very rarely to we read of a father or uncle figure - if we do he's either killed off at the beginning or runs away with another woman. 

There's the story where the mother wants a daughter, but gave birth to a son. Later in the story she begins to petticoat him or the boy is a brat and the only way to cure him is to make him wear girls clothes. What about a story where there are the boy's sister or sisters who dress their brother up in skirts, dresses and petticoats etc.  

Why are there no stories about fathers who wanted a son rather than a daughter.  Just as the mother who wants a daughter and dresses him as a girl, so the father dresses his daughter as a boy to make up for the son he never had. Why can't a very feminine girl be trousered or panted for being a brat. And what about Tomboys versus sissies?
Interesting story idea have you ever consider trying to write a story like this yourself? Most of the stories on my blog include some form of gender role reversal, thou its usually the dominate female requiring the girl(s) to adopt masculine dress and behavior.
(05-15-2018, 06:44 PM)Tiffany Wrote: In my Goodbye PDQ post, ModeratorM offered me a challenge she/he wrote.  

Quote:As a suggestion, post an experience, a dilemma, or a thought-provoking question.
You suggested, "What about a story where there are the boy's sister or sisters who dress their brother up in skirts, dresses and petticoats etc."

I like this idea and may take a crack at it myself. I'm sure glad you decided to stay with us!

Your obedient servant,

micheleFFS  Cool