468x60bon4
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye PDQ
Well it's been four days since I joined this forum and I've only had two replies to my Hello post and none to my Walt Disney's Summer Magic 1963 post. Mind I'm not the only one who has had very few replies on the New Member Introductions sub forum, some have had none at all, so I should be grateful for small mercies. 

What gets me is some members have had quite a few replies, the top three are.

My upbringing (Pages: 1 2 3 4 ) Obedientboy 31

Hugs (Pages: 1 2 ) Mary Beth Sanford 15

New female here!!! (Pages: 1 2 ) Jessielinton 15   

I bet no one would dare not reply to Mary Beth Sanford a person I have the greatest of respect, she was one of the first persons I came across when I first went on line some 15 years ago. 

So I take my leave of you, I know what's on your minds, 'good riddance,' you're all saying. 

As Miss Kimmi said in her post 

Quote:...If we want new members to participate, we have to do our part.  Most NEVER post a comment, much less start a thread.  Perhaps they are uncomfortable.

We have a brand new member- Tiffany's Breakfast.

Tiffany went out of her way to post in the Welcome forum.  So far, there has only been one response- me.

This Forum needs more participants to thrive.  

No one will want to stay if they don't feel welcome... 

Miss Kimmi's right when she says.

Quote:No one will want to stay if they don't feel welcome.

So Goodbye to you all. 
Don't get stressed over fantasy, I am guilty myself somewhat and that's why I preached on here to not get excited as this is fake and fantasy, But just enjoy the topics and site for what it is. Smile I will say it has slowed down here before you got here and it has slowed down everywhere just not on here so don't take it personally or hard. I wish I can give myself positive thoughts right now,lol.
Any real females/superior females out there?
(05-14-2018, 08:59 PM)wants2beagoodgirl Wrote: Don't get stressed over fantasy, I am guilty myself somewhat and that's why I preached on here to not get excited as this is fake and fantasy, But just enjoy the topics and site for what it is. Smile I will say it has slowed down here before you got here and it has slowed down everywhere just not on here so don't take it personally or hard. I wish I can give myself positive thoughts right now,lol.
=========================================
What this only fantasy and fake! Huh  I'm shocked, I want my money back! Big Grin 
MM
I'll echo what "wants2beagoodgirl" said...it has been quite slow around here lately, so please don't be offended by the lack of greetings! It's spring time in most parts of the world, and internet life has likely slowed down on many forums.

I hope you'll consider staying around and enjoying the forum for what it is!

sissy jamieanne
I think it's very unfair to judge people because you don't get the amount of replies you want. You don't have to be a member to read posts here and be added to the view count not to mention there are lots and lots of members here who have never made a single post.
(05-15-2018, 01:34 PM)Maid Jennifer Wrote: I think it's very unfair to judge people because you don't get the amount of replies you want. You don't have to be a member to read posts here and be added to the view count not to mention there are lots and lots of members here who have never made a single post.

Yes there are people here who have never made a single post, you get them in any forum, they are called lurkers or should that be leeches. They are prepared to let everyone else do all the work and not contribute themselves. I was Global Moderator for a forum, where you had to make a welcome post before part of the forum was opened up to you, and then to gain full access to it you had to contribute 20 posts. We welcomed a new member to forum and the number of its members who responded to that new member was quite high.  Each week I would go through the list of members and those whose post count was 0 had their membership deleted. It was a good forum, just the right size with a hard core of members who contributed quite regularly. 

Perhaps this forum should be like another I'm a member of. It is not public like this one, where you can't see the posts until you register. I've been a member of that forum for over ten years. 
Tiffany's Breakfast,

In it's current form, this forum has had memberships for just under two years.

In that time, a few members have asked to be removed for personal reasons, a handful I am aware of simply appear to have lost interest and several have joined, discovered their particular need was not meant, and went off in a huff after communication with me.

There was enough of this type of activity that I included a discussion in one of my monthly posts to all members. I called this section Membas with Agendas.

As I see it, the online worldwide community here exists to meet the needs of a small, misunderstood minority within several larger minorities, not to fit the idiosyncratic needs of each member. Members of this community are often shy at best if not fearful. The forum gives them contact with similar folks. It would be cruel and senseless to eliminate these folks from the community. Other fora have different philosophies and rules. That's a good thing.

Those who join primarily to get their needs met seem to leave. It's up to you to whether to continue or not. As a suggestion, post an experience, a dilemma, or a thought-provoking question.
Your obedient forum maid,

ModeratorM Cool
(05-15-2018, 02:14 PM)Tiffany Wrote: I was Global Moderator for a forum, where you had to make a welcome post before part of the forum was opened up to you, and then to gain full access to it you had to contribute 20 posts. We welcomed a new member to forum and the number of its members who responded to that new member was quite high.  Each week I would go through the list of members and those whose post count was 0 had their membership deleted. It was a good forum, just the right size with a hard core of members who contributed quite regularly. 
What your forum is about and could you post the link to it?
(05-15-2018, 03:48 PM)alexvyaz Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 02:14 PM)Tiffany Wrote: I was Global Moderator for a forum, where you had to make a welcome post before part of the forum was opened up to you, and then to gain full access to it you had to contribute 20 posts. We welcomed a new member to forum and the number of its members who responded to that new member was quite high.  Each week I would go through the list of members and those whose post count was 0 had their membership deleted. It was a good forum, just the right size with a hard core of members who contributed quite regularly. 
What your forum is about and could you post the link to it?

[Image: 991314524ca10d8e8bcb244ad91362c9.jpg]

I can't provide a link as the forum doesn't exist anymore.
(05-15-2018, 03:30 PM)ModeratorM Wrote: Tiffany's Breakfast,

In it's current form, this forum has had memberships for just under two years.

In that time, a few members have asked to be removed for personal reasons, a handful I am aware of simply appear to have lost interest and several have joined, discovered their particular need was not meant, and went off in a huff after communication with me.

There was enough of this type of activity that I included a discussion in one of my monthly posts to all members. I called this section Membas with Agendas.

As I see it, the online worldwide community here exists to meet the needs of a small, misunderstood minority within several larger minorities, not to fit the idiosyncratic needs of each member. Members of this community are often shy at best if not fearful. The forum gives them contact with similar folks. It would be cruel and senseless to eliminate these folks from the community. Other fora have different philosophies and rules. That's a good thing.

Those who join primarily to get their needs met seem to leave. It's up to you to whether to continue or not. As a suggestion, post an experience, a dilemma, or a thought-provoking question.

Thank you. re your suggestion see here.

https://petticoated.com/forum/showthread...n=lastpost