Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcoming New Members
Yes, girls, I want to post this here and not under the Welcome category.

If we want new members to participate, we have to do our part.  Most NEVER post a comment, much less start a thread.  Perhaps they are uncomfortable.

We have a brand new member- Tiffany's Breakfast.

Tiffany went out of her way to post in the Welcome forum.  So far, there has only been one response- me.

I am not patting myself on the back.  I am just as much at fault. 

Here's what Tiffany wrote in her reply:

"Thank you Kimmi for your welcome, looks as though you're the only one so far. I've been on forums before and by this time I've had quite few people welcoming me to their little world. I feel kind of ostracized."

Wow.... 

But Tiffany is on the mark.

This Forum needs more participants to thrive. 

No one will want to stay if they don't feel welcome. 

I hope we all do better, with Tiffany and other new members.  Including those who don't reach out!

In petticoats and permed curls
Miss Kimmi
(05-12-2018, 11:52 AM)Kimmi Wrote: Yes, girls, I want to post this here and not under the Welcome category.

If we want new members to participate, we have to do our part.  Most NEVER post a comment, much less start a thread.  Perhaps they are uncomfortable.

We have a brand new member- Tiffany's Breakfast.

Tiffany went out of her way to post in the Welcome forum.  So far, there has only been one response- me.

I am not patting myself on the back.  I am just as much at fault. 

Here's what Tiffany wrote in her reply:

"Thank you Kimmi for your welcome, looks as though you're the only one so far. I've been on forums before and by this time I've had quite few people welcoming me to their little world. I feel kind of ostracized."

Wow.... 

But Tiffany is on the mark.

This Forum needs more participants to thrive. 

No one will want to stay if they don't feel welcome. 

I hope we all do better, with Tiffany and other new members.  Including those who don't reach out!

In petticoats and permed curls
Miss Kimmi

Thank you for that Miss Kimmi, I notice there's been one other reply from Gina, which was most welcome. So far I've participated in two threads and have created a thread in the Celebrate Femininity in Music, which has had no replies. It makes me wonder what is the point of my being here and wasting my time scouring the Internet for looking for something worthwhile to post.
With Sunday being Mother's Day, there doesn't appear to be hardly any activity anywhere on the site.  I will be interested to see what pops up, both on your introduction:
https://petticoated.com/forum/showthread...9#pid14309
and my observations/plea for participation here.  
Kimmi
As I just posted but short form it's been slow on here for a few weeks and it's been slow elsewhere just not on here.
Any real females/superior females out there?
(05-14-2018, 09:01 PM)Someone asked if there are any real Superior Women out there? . My wife/Mommy is a real Superior Womanwants2beagoodgirl Wrote: As I just posted but short form it's been slow on here for a few weeks and it's been slow elsewhere just not on here.
Angry "Why you naughty little sissy!!! Bring me a fresh diaper and then fetch the paddle!!!"  Angry
(05-21-2018, 10:04 PM)kerri Wrote:
(05-14-2018, 09:01 PM)Someone asked if there are any real Superior Women out there? . My wife/Mommy is a real Superior Womanwants2beagoodgirl Wrote: As I just posted but short form it's been slow on here for a few weeks and it's been slow elsewhere just not on here.

Must be nice if so, Cause I can't find any and get any to talk to me on here. Though I am working on one but again not holding my breath.
Any real females/superior females out there?
You're quite right Kimmi...if a new member reaches out to introduce her/himself, the least we long time members can do is take a moment to welcome and greet them. I've tried to do so regularly myself, but am also sometimes guilty of not taking that moment. This forum is unique in its scope and if we want it to survive, we must all do our share to make it a welcoming place for the petticoated community and to encourage people to participate!

sissy jamieanne