468x60bon4
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sissy Dressmaking
You and your creations look absolutely fabulous. You have inspired me to further develop my sewing skills. I learned some from my mother, but not nearly enough to attempt a sissy dress. It would be a fun and exciting project to take on with another sissy. Measuring & modeling & adjusting our creations.
Just thinking about it has me excited!
(03-26-2017, 11:33 AM)Ali Wrote: My mother taught me to sew as part of my petticoat punishment. I wasn't very good at it, but I managed to sew extra frilly trim on some of my clothes. I had a bodysuit from Marks and Spencer which she made me sew frilly trim round all the openings. And I once made a multi layered petticoat from net curtain material and elastic. It was very stiff, so made any skirt I wore over it stick out at 45 degrees.
You have exactly the right attitude, Ali.  We all have to start somewhere.

My first project was a pretty pair of knickers to match my nightie with ribbon ties instead of elastic (to make it easy). My second was pretty cloth diapers with Velcro!  Both patterns were downloaded for free.  Searching the net for free patterns and free sewing lessons is such a productive sissy activity for me, as is browsing materials in the store (WalMart has a nice section).  Skirts are easy now,  My pinafore apron is pretty and practical, every sissy needs one.  Making a simple dress that fits!

I'm a long way from making these super-sissy outfits like Sissy Kat is showing here, but there's no reason I can't take pride in my own work that I can wear every day. 
(08-08-2016, 07:06 PM)sissykat Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 01:44 AM)Sissy Renee Wrote: Oh yes!  I think the best think I can do when I'm allowed the time off from my regular duties is to learn to sew pretty things for me and my Mistress.

So why don't you ask your Mistress, politely of course, to enroll you in a sewing class so you will be able to make dresses like that one:

[Image: blue_Dress05_Small.jpg]

That's my sissy sailor dress "Olivia" ...  Wink 

sissykat

Hello sissykat,

Now I do a lot of sewing and I KNOW how modest you are being - This outfit is pretty complicated and great deal of work.  I am impressed!

You answered my next question - I was wondering if you got a pattern from somewhere?  I know most pattern companies and I've never seen anything like this, so it was either someone I knew nothing about, or a great deal of talent...and it turns out it is talent!

Having a basic pattern that you work from is what all tailors and dressmakers work from.  Even hairstylists do the same thing.  The real talent comes from being able to "rework" that basic idea n your head, into something special and unique.  Which is what you do!

I have a large stash of lace now.  I found that Chinese sellers on eBay are selling some lovely laces for just pennies for 5 yards, and that includes postage.

I save pictures of things I'd like to make, for inspiration.  My biggest problems are finding inspiration, and finding the right fabrics...

I feel guilty, but when all else fails, I look on Etsy for inspiration.  There are some wonderfully creative people on there and there always seems to be something on there that will appeal.  I have also inadvertently "donated" to Etsy as well.  I once posted on a sewing group, a very special way that I created myself, to make very flat seems for people with sensitive skin/medical conditions.  Three months later, an Etsy seller was using my seams on her creations...I was so flattered!

Ribbon from China on eBay is only so-so quality I've found up to now.  Not only that, but some of the "ribbon" is actually "fold-over-elastic". Not that this is a bad thing, as it is usually very expensive and lovely!  Getting that in return is always good, as it can sometimes be difficult to find.

Something I am hoping to experiment with, is the fabric called "Zorb".  This is a highly absorbent fabric and is typically used as the absorbent lining in nappies and pads.  You can even get the antimicrobial Zorb that contains silver, which is currently probably the height in luxury absorbancy...

Patty
Carol at my Binkies and Bows on Etsy has some wonderful clothing. It is beautifully made and she is very obliging. The styles tend to baby rather than sissy depending on your point of view. Not cheap however but I find it well worth it. Sophie