Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since from the beginning
I have had PD in my favorites since it began.  I   wish it had been available from when I was very young.  MY mom saw nothing wrong with boys wearing dresses and playing with girls.  My mom started me wearing dresses when I was only 11 years of age.  My older brother and younger brother also wore dresses along with my sister.  My brothers didn't like it but I did.  Mom would let me wear them all the time and it progressed to other feminine wear (panties and training bras, tights as well).  I wore them outside and at home.  My aunt called me a sissy but I didn't care.  Mom continues too get me dresses until I was almost 17, by then I found them so much more comfortable then pants.  Today I wear skirts and own a few dresses and nightgowns.  My brothers all know I still wear them and so do a few friends.
  I was wondering here if other boys on this forum also got to grow up wearing dresses with the help of their mothers, sisters and other females.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1961 or 62

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes!

But in a roundabout sort of way...

My family were very poor, as my dad used to sink all the money into the house. So everyone in the area shared childrens clothing among their families, friends and neighbours. I remember I used to just wear shorts with no underwear, until I was going to start school, when my mum got me some underwear for school. They were from one of the neighbours daughter, as I was about the same size. I still remember being puzzled why my mum was putting girls knickers on me? I would not have known they were girls if she had not have told me and made a fuss about me wearing them. I had no siblings, and I had never worn underpants, so I would never have known if she had not been so concerned about them. Thankfully I was too young for it to be bad.

Only as an adult, does it leave so many questions? Like how did my mum go to one of the neighbours and say "my son is starting school next week, does your daughter have any knickers that don't fit her anymore?" I would love to know how my mum had that conversation! Also, which one of the neighbours was it? I mean, which of the neighbours knew I was wearing their daughters knickers? Did she ask other neighbours? How many of them knew? All of them???

Although I wore normal boys outer clothing, we still had to do "Exercises" (P.E.) and the teachers changed us. No one ever said anything about me wearing knickers, not even the other kids. I'm not sure anymore, but I think some of the other boys had underwear without a fly also? I know it was a poor area, but I have always wondered how common it was back then? Since no one ever said anything, or seemed to see anything unusual about it. I guess passing on underwear was as common as passing on other clothes, or baby things. I think my pram had been through at least half a dozen kids in the area and I know it got sold on after I got too big, because I remember my dad being so pleased as he'd got "30 bob" for it.
Melodie, Did your mom want you to be a girl? Was she feminizing you? It's putting you in panties, training bras and tights, as well as dresses, that gives me the sense she wanted you as a daughter, and not simply a boy wearing a dress.

What about your hair? Was it grown out and styled? I know that would have been tough when you were in school, with schools having hair standards for boys.

Did you underdress for school and wear panties?

Most of all, it seems your mom knew you were happy dressed as a girl. I am sorry your aunt didn't accept you but I am glad your mom embraced your inner girl.
(11-05-2017, 03:22 PM)melodie Wrote: I have had PD in my favorites since it began.  I   wish it had been available from when I was very young.  MY mom saw nothing wrong with boys wearing dresses and playing with girls.  My mom started me wearing dresses when I was only 11 years of age.  My older brother and younger brother also wore dresses along with my sister.  My brothers didn't like it but I did.  Mom would let me wear them all the time and it progressed to other feminine wear (panties and training bras, tights as well).  I wore them outside and at home.  My aunt called me a sissy but I didn't care.  Mom continues too get me dresses until I was almost 17, by then I found them so much more comfortable then pants.  Today I wear skirts and own a few dresses and nightgowns.  My brothers all know I still wear them and so do a few friends.
  I was wondering here if other boys on this forum also got to grow up wearing dresses with the help of their mothers, sisters and other females.

Hi Melodie, definitely yes. Growing up as the only boy with three older and bullying sisters in the 1950s. Also with a strict German Nanny employed to 'treat' me as I had polio at the age of four. Largely absent famous musician parents often away on long world tours. My middle sister particularly keen on dressing me as her younger sister with a large old chest of jumble, the girls outgrowns to choose from. Also keen to show her 'maternal' side by dressing me as her little baby girl. This with Nanny's encouragement.
Summer seaside holidays to my religious widowed Aunt in the 1950s meant having to wear those 'beach rubbers' to the seaside. Also a hated Highland suit for a very formal Sunday best. Suspender waist and long cream silk stockings under cream satin frilly knee bloomers and matching frilly satin blouses. Petticoats and short kilt skirts. Happy old days of 'correct' dressing for boys, very much in the Victorian and Edwardian tradition, now long gone. I think?
Hi Melodie. Yes - I was brought up in dresses and other girly clothes, sometimes even baby clothes.

It started as a punishment with my Mum making me wear some of my sister's clothes. When it started to happen quite a lot, and Lucy complained about me wearing her things, Mum started buying me my own. She always dressed me that bit younger than Lucy, even though she's two years younger than me. That's what lead to nappies and baby clothes.

Although it was terribly humiliating intitially, over time I got to enjoy wearing skirts and tights, panties and bras. I even got to enjoy having a nappy on.
Heart Sugar and spice and all things nice Heart
Hi

From the age of 10 or so, when I expressed an interest in such things, I wanted to try on skirts etc. I had always thought they looked smart and comfortable and did not see why a boy should not be allowed to wear them. So discreetly at first my mother had me wearing plaid skirts and denim miniskirts. This gradually expanded to a home uniform comprising of a gingham dress. I also wore panties, white pelerine socks and Mary Jane sandals.

As I have said elsewhere my aunt was pleased with this state of affairs, so when staying with her I was petticoated all the time. This was not quite the humiliation people used to think. I used to enjoy my attire. The only time I was embarrassed was when wearing some of my bib shorts.
(11-08-2017, 08:51 PM)minisissyboy Wrote: Hi

From the age of 10 or so, when I expressed an interest in such things, I wanted to try on skirts etc.  I had always thought they looked smart and comfortable and did not see why a boy should not be allowed to wear them.  So discreetly at first my mother had me wearing plaid skirts and denim miniskirts.  This gradually expanded to a home uniform comprising of a gingham dress.  I also wore panties, white pelerine socks and Mary Jane sandals.

As I have said elsewhere my aunt was pleased with this state of affairs, so when staying with her I was petticoated all the time.  This was not quite the humiliation people used to think.  I used to enjoy my attire.  The only time I was embarrassed was when wearing some of my bib shorts.

Sounds a very cute and stylish uniform!
(11-07-2017, 08:41 AM)Kimmi Wrote: Melodie,  Did your mom want you to be a girl? Was she feminizing you?  It's putting you in panties, training bras and tights, as well as dresses, that gives me the sense she wanted you as a daughter, and not simply a boy wearing a dress.  

What about your hair?  Was it grown out and styled? I know that would have been tough when you were in school, with schools having hair standards for boys.  

Did you underdress for school and wear panties?

Most of all, it seems your mom knew you were happy dressed as a girl.  I am sorry your aunt didn't accept you but I am glad your mom embraced your inner girl.

My mom told me I was a boy and my brothers as well.  She was NOT trying to make me a girl but allowed me to explore my horizons so to speak.  The girl next door to us knew and even helped me by giving me some dresses.  A couple of my boy friends also dressed as girls, one even wore his mother's pants and undies to school.   We never teased each other and accepted each other.   I even played with baby dolls with the girls next door when I was dressed.