ande.banner
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sissies, non-Sissies & shopping
Hello again,

If there is one thing that amuses me about the differences between Sissies and non-Sissies, it's shopping. I'm thinking about when a non-Sissy male finds himself in the Ladies clothing section of a Department store, whilst his girlfriend/wife/sister shops for clothes. You can tell by the expression on his face that he feels self-conscious and doesn't want to be there. He is also probably thinking "I wish she'd hurry up and get a move on", embarrassed at being seen  amongst all the feminine clothing. For him it must feel like hell.

However, for the male Sissy, things are completely different. Instead of feeling like hell, it feels like heaven being amongst all the female clothing. He looks around and probably thinks to himself "That's a pretty dress, I wouldn't mind wearing it" or even "I wonder if they have one in my size?", trying to make it look as if he is uninterested. Instead of being boring, it is an enjoyable experience being dragged round the shops by the girlfriend/wife/sister.

Window shopping is another pleasant experience for Sissies. Recently, I met up with my Sister in Norwich for a spot of shopping and lunch. Whilst wandering about, something in the window of a charity shop caught my eye. It was a pretty, blue Bridesmaid's dress. Whilst pretending to look at something else in the window, I commented to my Sister that I really loved the dress, even by the look of it, it wouldn't have fitted me. (She knows and is okay with my cross-dressing).

Just last Tuesday, I paid a visit to a nearby seaside town. (I was by myself). I got off the bus knowing that this particular stop was in front of a Dancewear shop. I noticed that in the window was a ladies' leotard. It was a shiny, pale blue with long sleeves. So, of course, I pretended to look in the window of the next shop down, but planning it so that my route would take me past the Dancewear shop. As I walked past, I took a quick look in the window to admire the leotard. (I intend to purchase one like it within the next few weeks).

So here is my question for all you Sissies there -have you found yourself having to go into the Ladies clothing section of a Department store, or even a Ladies' clothing shop, trying not to let on that you are enjoying being there? Have you also window-shopped, pretending to look at something else when you are actually interested in some female clothing on display?

As someone who likes to do the above, I would be very interested to hear from other Sissies about their experiences. Smile
Leslie, it is remarkable that we have obviously shared some of the same experiences, particularly as it pertains to shopping. First on a general note, the fact that we do enjoy shopping, sets us apart from the average make, but then I realized that a long time ago.
Anyway, I have in the past, done exactly what you described - trying not to linger in front of the window of a particular ladies shop. Perhaps making multiple passes, while feigning interest in something else. I also have strolled very deliberately through women's sections of department stores, while pretending I was heading to the mens wear part of store. Only to double back, and perhaps even a third time, to see what I really came to see.
But I have become much more bold in recent years, and sales associates are much less concerned about gender, they just want a sale. I go on regular shopping trip with my mother in law, and I certainly don't pretend to be disinterested, as much of what she is buying is for me. When I shop alone, a visit to a lingerie shop used to be terrifying and exciting at the same time. Of course I knew I could always say I was shopping for a gift, but I'm sure they saw through that from time to time. My heart would race while examining the frillies, and I was certain I was being watched and "judged" at the same time.
But again, things have changed. Some shops, and some employees can be intimidating, for the most part, I can shop without hiding in the shadows. And sometimes you'll encounter a helpful sales associate, who you sense you can confide in, which makes the experience so much more enjoyable. So much nicer when you are free to be honest!?
(10-19-2017, 05:04 PM)SissyPamela Wrote: Leslie, it is remarkable that we have obviously shared some of the same experiences, particularly as it pertains to shopping. First on a general note, the fact that we do enjoy shopping, sets us apart from the average make, but then I realized that a long time ago.
Anyway, I have in the past, done exactly what you described - trying not to linger in front of the window of a particular ladies shop. Perhaps making multiple passes, while feigning interest in something else. I also have strolled very deliberately through women's sections of department stores, while pretending I was heading to the mens wear part of store. Only to double back, and perhaps even a third time, to see what I really came to see.
But I have become much more bold in recent years, and sales associates are much less concerned about gender, they just want a sale. I go on regular shopping trip with my mother in law, and I certainly don't pretend to be disinterested, as much of what she is buying is for me. When I shop alone, a visit to a lingerie shop used to be terrifying and exciting at the same time. Of course I knew I could always say I was shopping for a gift, but I'm sure they saw through that from time to time. My heart would race while examining the frillies, and I was certain I was being watched and "judged" at the same time.
But again, things have changed. Some shops, and some employees can be intimidating, for the most part, I can shop without hiding in the shadows. And sometimes you'll encounter a helpful sales associate, who you sense you can confide in, which makes the experience so much more enjoyable. So much nicer when you are free to be honest!?

Hi SissyPamela, 

I'm glad that you have had similar experiences with regards to shopping. I have to confess that I once went into a woman's clothing shop to buy some leggings. The female assistant did give me a suspicious look. I felt uncomfortable, but still made my purchase. Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and get used to it.  Smile
Once upon a time I was very nervous about shopping in the ladies departments. But I was always with my wife and we selected things for both of us together. I would pick out things for her and she would pick out things for me. No big deal. But if I had to do it by myself then I'm not sure how I would have managed. I have better taste!!! Smile

Now days I have no worries. I'm so feminine that no one gives a hoot. And even if they did I don't know them and they don't know me. So in their boot!

I think we all tend to believe that everyone is looking at us. But the reality is that everyone is so busy with their own little world that they don't even notice us unless we do something to gain their attention.

I always think of the punk rockers with their grung clothing and pink hair. Lots of tattoos and piercings. I think if they are comfortable then so am I.

For me shopping is so tactile that it's like a drug. Ohhh the feeling of all those panties and bras. 

(Side story. We have just traveled from the USA to Australia. We do this trip about 4 times a year. Because my passport etc are all in my male name I dress neutral for travel. Well this time as we checked in in the security line the girl checking passports and boarding passes lingered longer looking at me and the passport photo. Then she waved me on. My wife was behind me next in line. She said the girl watched me all the way over to the scanners. Then once through the body scanners I was pulled aside for a full body pat down. And I mean FULL body pat down. Got quite personal. Full crutch and backside pat down. Breasts as well. I'm a 36c. I'm sure if I complained there would have been a ruckus. Why me? But I wasn't upset. Rather I was chuffed that I had apparently appeared to be a female traveling on a males passport. Moral of the story? Well with a bit of work we can look the part and forget about feeling uncomfortable in large impersonal department stores).

Belinda
Being in the ladies department or a clothing shop is a special treat if there is going to be something for me. However that is not always the case and I pretend not to be interested especially in the lingerie section for fear that somehow the sales ladies know my secret. I have been very fortunate to have had several outings in girl mode with my Mistress/Wife and they are some of the most memorable and enjoyable experiences I have ever had. But despite some embarrassment from the frowns and glaring stares of disapproval from saleswomen and other customers I felt I had a right to be there and entitled to handle whatever it was we were shopping for.

Not very long ago She instructed me to hold a couple of blouses and skirts as well as Her purse while She tried things on to the bewilderment of the sales girl who had brought us to the change room. (I wrote about this in more detail in my thread titled The Subtleties in a FLR) While many if not most Superiors use discipline to achieve the behaviour they want from their sissy my Mistress likes to use bribery. Being told in Her delightfully teasing way there might be something new for me if I do a particular task that is outside my normal duties always gets me more than willing to comply.
(10-24-2017, 03:03 PM)Yvette-Louise Wrote: Looking at it from a different perspective.

Shopping with my Ex was a nightmare, he could not understand why I had to visit so many different shops to find the perfect outfit. He was even less impressed when he then got dragged around the shoes shops trying to find shoes that matched the outfit. At times it seemed like I was dragging a ball and chain around me with. (A ball and chain that moaned and whined all the time!)

However shopping with Enid is completely different. She is more than happy to go shopping with me, plus I get an honest opinion as to how I look. She fully understands why I need to go to multiple shops. Plus inevitably she will end up buying something for herself. (Probably quite a few things!)  

Also, when she comes with me, I don't have to carry any bags.

However it does seem unfair that I can go into Menswear shops and buy Enid trousers and shirts and no one bats an eyelid, but if Enid went into a dress shop to buy me a dress it would be very embarrassing for he
I understand completely your feelings.   When we were first married and I was still in between my sissy stages,  that was exactly how I acted!  Moaned and groaned and too stupid to understand that I should have been trying to please her and help her make choices.  Definitely not understanding that she wanted to look good for me and I could have at least tried to be helpful.  Now that she has taken control, I gladly look forward to going shopping with her and taking as long as she likes.  As her sissy, I have been made to understand the importance of being useful to my Mistress.  Even if she now dresses to please other men.