satban
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My son - career choices
Hi all you lovely people Smile

Thanks so much for your kind comments on my last post. 

My 16 year old son came home from school Friday and was talking about his career choices for next year. We are in the UK and decision is either sixth form at a school, or a college (sometimes for more vocational studies). He came home and said he wants to stay in school and then to follow his dad (my horrid sexist ex husband) and become a police officer. 

I am so not comfortable with this, and seeing as I am paying for it surely I feel I should have some choice. We have enough horrid sexist men as police we don’t need another one on my opinion! Friends have said he should go to college and follow a more vocational route which would soften him a bit. I would never like him to be in a position of authority at work, his attitude and behaviour just has not shown he is capable. 

I wonder what everyone’s thoughts are on leading him down a vocational route. I do giggle somewhat when I imagine him as a secretary to a stern lady or even somewhat out there a beautician! 

Lots of love all and stay safe

K xx
If this is a serious question, then he should be allowed to decide what he wants to do, my mother once said to me when i came home and told her what i wanted to be when i leave school "I don't care if you want to be a road sweeper when you leave school, as long as you enjoy doing it"
If he genuinely has a poor attitude, his career choice probably isn’t the place to start as forcing him down a route he doesn’t want to go down is likely only to cause him to rebel. 

I applaude the attempts to improve an individual’s attitude and even to encourage them to embrace their femininity but realistically their choice of career is more likely to be a positive result (as it was in my becoming an air stewardess) rather than a starting point.
Maam,
I like your comment about a career as a beautician. Not sure how you would steer him in that direction but it is definitely a career of service to Superior Females. I love being in service to a Superior Female and doing her hair and nails so she can look beautiful.
-M-
It sounds to me like he wants to become a police officer like his father because he does not have other role models to choose from. Introducing him to the feminine side might just open up his narrow point of view. However, if forced, probably he will rebel. If enticed, he just might embrace. Not knowing enough about the context of the situation, it is difficult to suggest a route that would have a high degree of success. Take what works from this website and leave the rest and trust in that loving of and for your son place inside of you. Best of luck.
Bobbie-Sue
One idea could be for him to go into cooking.  There are many 'masculine' role models like Bobby Flay and others so he won't see it as less manly.  But a chef after all serves people.  Worse case he could learn to cook great meals which could serve him well in life, especially since odds are he will marry a Woman who earns more money than him so he'll be a househusband.
(10-04-2021, 03:56 PM)Littlegurlemily Wrote: One idea could be for him to go into cooking.  There are many 'masculine' role models like Bobby Flay and others so he won't see it as less manly.  But a chef after all serves people.  Worse case he could learn to cook great meals which could serve him well in life, especially since odds are he will marry a Woman who earns more money than him so he'll be a househusband.
And not to mention the opportunity to wear an apron. Maybe starting with a unisex apron and then later switching to a more feminine looking one.
(10-04-2021, 03:56 PM)Littlegurlemily Wrote: One idea could be for him to go into cooking.  There are many 'masculine' role models like Bobby Flay and others so he won't see it as less manly.  But a chef after all serves people.  Worse case he could learn to cook great meals which could serve him well in life, especially since odds are he will marry a Woman who earns more money than him so he'll be a househusband.

Fabulous idea thanks x

(10-04-2021, 05:44 PM)Michaela Wrote:
And not to mention the opportunity to wear an apron. Maybe starting with a unisex apron and then later switching to a more feminine looking one.

Oh you must have read my mind. Just chatting to my mum about her making him an apron x
As a strong advocate for Female Led Households. Your goal as a mother should focus on preparing him to be a good sissy husband for his future female wife. If he does work the money should be put into a bank account where you have control until he is married.

Chris
(10-03-2021, 11:21 AM)Concerned Mum Wrote: Hi all you lovely people Smile

Thanks so much for your kind comments on my last post. 

My 16 year old son came home from school Friday and was talking about his career choices for next year. We are in the UK and decision is either sixth form at a school, or a college (sometimes for more vocational studies). He came home and said he wants to stay in school and then to follow his dad (my horrid sexist ex husband) and become a police officer. 

I am so not comfortable with this, and seeing as I am paying for it surely I feel I should have some choice. We have enough horrid sexist men as police we don’t need another one on my opinion! Friends have said he should go to college and follow a more vocational route which would soften him a bit. I would never like him to be in a position of authority at work, his attitude and behaviour just has not shown he is capable. 

I wonder what everyone’s thoughts are on leading him down a vocational route. I do giggle somewhat when I imagine him as a secretary to a stern lady or even somewhat out there a beautician! 

Lots of love all and stay safe

K xx

Hi Karen!

If he is a macho boy, he needs to be sent down the road to either being a Cute Secretary to a Strong and Dominant Woman, or work as a cosmetologist  or Nail tech.  Boys and men need to Embrace their Femininity while Women and Girls Take on the Leadership Roles.

Patti
Feminine men make the best spouses for independent women. Feminized  Male wives for Empowered women is the future!