satban
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ernnest Hemingway
Hi everyone.

I think that most people consider that the American author Ernest Hemingway was pretty macho. After all, he hunted, fished and drank and took part in the Spanish Civil War.
However, there was something in his childhood which probably affected him in his later life.

His mother was obsessed with twins, so would dress him up in girl's clothes and give him a girl's hairstyle so that he would match his sister. She would also call him ""Ernestine", and in later life he said how much he hated his mother. Eventually this enforced cross-dressing stopped later in his childhood.

This element of his childhood did lead him writing "The Garden of Eden", in which a male and female lover swap gender roles and names.

All-in-all, he had an interesting childhood. (I would have probably been happy to have been dressed and treated like a girl during childhood, but then, don't all Sissies?  Smile
Thank you for sharing that with us, Leslie. It does sound as though he wasn’t too enamoured with his experiences. In fairness, having experienced similar growing up myself, it was only in my early adulthood that I really came to appreciate my femininity and learned to enjoy it. 

One wonders how things might have worked out differently had been been able to do the same.
(07-08-2021, 04:50 PM)Girlygirl Wrote: Thank you for sharing that with us, Leslie. It does sound as though he wasn’t too enamoured with his experiences. In fairness, having experienced similar growing up myself, it was only in my early adulthood that I really came to appreciate my femininity and learned to enjoy it. 

One wonders how things might have worked out differently had been been able to do the same.

Perhaps his work would have been less macho! Over-compensating perhaps? 
Maybe he would have written 'The Old Lady and the Sea' instead  ;-)

All sissy-gurls should be pantied, paddled and plugged
Hemingway also had a serious hair fetish. See this link, amongst many others.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Hemingway...a054868529
Know thy self, sissy.  Don't whine, don't pine, learn to expand your mind.