satban
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Flower Girl and Page Boy Ball
When I was in grade four at primary school we had to have an end of year dance as it was traditional at the school. There were twenty children in my class including myself, ten boys and ten girls.

We had been learning all these really old time dances as part of our drama and folk dancing lessons so our teacher said we would have an old time dance where we would all dress up in old time costumes and dance the dances we had learnt.

All the mother of the children got involved making costumes and sourcing materials and wigs and shoes. All the girls loved their dresses but not one of the boys liked their silly sissy suits.

One week before the dance one of the families moved out of the area and the twin girls were not able to attend. This left us with two boys without partners. As I was the smallest boy in the grade the teacher Miss Applerite asked my mummy if she would let me be a girl for the dance.

“Oh, of course he can Miss Applerite. Why he often wears a girl’s costume with his dance school at the competitions.”

“Oh that’s very good. Thank you, Mrs. Beasley. The children will be so happy.” 

The following day Miss Applerite said “I have some great news. Mrs Beasley said that Leroy can be one of the girls at our end of year dance. It appears he is a girl when he goes to his ballet class on Saturdays.”

“Miss Applerite, I’m not a girl at my ballet class.”

“Leroy, your mummy told me that you often wear girl’s costumes when you go to dance competitions. You’re not saying your mummy is lying, are you?”

“No, Miss Applerite, I have only once worn a girl’s costume.”

“There that’s settled then. Leroy is going to be one of the girls.” All the boys laughed and some of the girls giggled. I just wanted to roll up into a ball and bounce away. That afternoon after school mummy came to pick me up but she and Miss Applerite decided that I had better make sure that one of the dresses fitted me.

After about an hour getting into and out of the two dresses, one a light lemon colour the other an apricot colour, and petticoats both mummy and Miss Applerite were satisfied that it was a good fit. 

Miss Applerite said “I don’t know what you think. But I think it would be better if Leroy was to wear a proper pair of panties and a camisole instead of his boys undies. I think it would be more in line with what the other girls are wearing under their dresses.”

“Oh I couldn’t agree more. I’ll go and get him some appropriate undies tomorrow.”

Mummy and I then went home.

The next day mummy did buy me panties and a camisole. They were white cotton. 

“Leroy darling, come in your room a minute. I want to make sure your new panties and camisole fit you properly or I’ll have to take them back and get another size.”

“What panties, I don’t wear panties.”

“You have to under your dance dress. Miss Applerite said.”

“Oh mummy, boys don’t wear panties.”

“Well you do now so come on. Here I’ll help you.” So I tried on the panties and camisole and they fitted okay. Nothing more was said until the morning of the dance when mummy ran a bath for me and put some of her stinky stuff in it.

“Why do I have to have a bath on a school day and what’s this stinky stuff?”

“Leroy, today your going to be wearing a pretty dress and dance the part of a little girl. All little girls have bathe when they are going to wear a pretty dress and go to a dance with a boy, so you have to as well.”

“But it’s only a silly school dance and I’m not a little girl.”

“You are for today. So just get in the bath or you’ll be late for school.”

I let mummy wash and dry me, she then put this smelly powder all over me. “Oh mummy, stop it.”

“Darling I told you all little girls like to smell nice when their going to see boys.” 

I was then helped into a pair of white tights with a lacy pattern down the outside of the legs. She then got a pair of panties and held them while I stepped into them. They were different to the ones I tried on the other day. 

“These are different, they are all shiny and lacy.” The panties and the camisole were part of a set so had the same lace around the leg openings, the waist, arm holes and around the neck.

“Yes darling, I remembered when I was a little girl how much I loved my silky and lacy panties and camisoles. I’m sure you’ll learn to like them too.”

Mummy then held my shorts for me to step into.

“I can’t wear shorts, everyone will see these white things.”

“These white things as you call them are your pretty new tights, girls wear them when they wear pretty dresses and girl wear shorts over their tights all the time. Anyway, it’s only until you get to school and put your pretty dress on after lunch.”

Mummy then buckled a pair of white strap shoes on my feet they had a slight heel the had a metal plate on it. “Why has it got this plate thingy on the heel?[img=274x111]file:///C:/Users/leroy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image004.jpg[/img]

“That’s so when you walk you make a pretty tapping sound. It’s very girly.”

“Gosh mummy, I’m a boy not a girl.”

“But Leroy you are a girl for today. So just accept it. Here put your shirt on so I can get you to school or you’ll be late. You know how Miss Applerite hates lateness.”

When mummy dropped me at the school gate I was seen by kids from most grades including some of the kids from my grade.
“Look, here comes the new little girl Leroy.” Sang out one of the boys from my grade.

“Look, he’s wearing girls stuff.” Yelled another. Kids ran to get a good look at me and some started pushing me and calling me names like sissy and pouf.

I was lucky because the bell rang right then and I could get away from them and go to the class room. All the girls in my class giggled. Some said ‘Leroy you look very pretty.”

“Alright children books out and start the exercises on page twenty-five of your arithmetic book. Start with the fractions conversions then go onto the decimals conversions.” Said Miss Applerite She then came to my desk and said “Why are you wearing tights?”

“Mummy said all girls wear tights when they wear pretty dresses?” 

‘Yes, I know that. But why are you wearing them?”

“Mummy said because I have to wear a dress for the dance, I’m a girl today.”

“Oh, so that’s why. Well you do look very pretty in your tights and Mary-Jane shoes. I saw what happened before class. Would you like to stay in at morning playtime so the boys don’t push you around?”

“Oh yes please Miss. Could I?”

“Of course, you can.” When the bell rang for morning playtime I stayed in my seat when everyone else went out to play.
The rest of the morning was spent in the classroom doing English which included spelling. The bell went for lunch, Miss Applerite took me to the staff room to eat my lunch so I wouldn’t be bullied. She gave me a story book to read  about a little girl learning ballet. “You might like this book since you do ballet. Do you like doing ballet?”

“Yes Miss, It’s okay.”

“After lunch you are going to have to change your clothes, that is put on your pretty dress for the dance. You’ll have to do it in the same room as the boys because you can’t change with the girls.” 

“But Miss, they’ll see my undies.”

“That’s okay, they wont mind.” The bell went to end lunch and I gave the book back to Miss Applerite. “I’ll give you your book back when you’re going home okay?”

“But I don’t need the book. Thanks.”

“That’s okay, you can have it anyway. Come on we’ll go and get everyone changed.” We went back to the classroom where all the other kids were waiting for Miss Applerite.

“Alright everyone, now listen carefully. Boys when you get your little suit go to Mrs. Browns room which will be empty and wait for me. Girls when you get your dresses come back to this room and wait for me. Leroy when you get your dress you go with the boys to Mrs. Browns room and I’ll come and help you all get changed. Now in an orderly manner we’ll go to the gymnasium and get our clothes.”

We went to the gym where Mrs Brown and one of the girls mummies was waiting to hand out the costumes. Mrs. Brown said “When I call your name come and get your costume then stand in a line near the door. Right first, Sally.” Sally went and got her dress and petticoat and went to stand near the door.

Each kid was called in turn, when it was my turn and I went and got my dress all the boys laughed. “Anymore laughing and you’ll all have to stay in at morning playtime for the next week.” said Miss Applerite. 

I felt like a complete sissy, it was the most girlish dress of all of the dresses and the petticoat seamed fuller than any other. When everyone had their costume the two line left the gym and went to the classroom we were assigned to. When the other boys and I got to Mrs Browns room we waited for Miss Applerite.

“Okay everyone can change now. If you need a hand with anything just ask.”

I didn’t want to take my top or pants off so everyone could see the camisole and panties so I just stood there. “Come on Leroy get changed, that’s a good boy.” When I didn’t start to take my top off Miss Applerite came over and lifted the bottom of the top up exposing the camisole which she couldn’t see as she was standing over me and my top hid the camisole from view. When all the boys started laughing she stepped back and saw the shiny white camisole with all the lace on the hem and bodice.

“Oh Leroy, I’m sorry. Come with me.” She grabbed my hand and almost dragged me back to her classroom. All the girls were there getting changed. “Leroy wait here while I go and get your dress and petticoat.” With that she raced down the corridor back to Mrs. Browns room and picked up my dress and petticoat and bought them back to her room.

While she was gone the girls just stood there looking at me, they stopped changing, most of them only had their panties on although some had their petticoats on. They looked at me, I looked at them. Nobody said anything. I think we were all in shock.

When Miss Applerite got back with my costume she said “Look girls, Leroy is wearing a very pretty camisole so he feels all girly at the dance today. Now because he is trying very hard to be a good little girl I want you all to treat him like all your girlfriends.” She then lowered my shorts and everyone saw my shiny white panties with all the lace across the back. “Look girls Leroy is wear matching pretty panties. Do you think they are pretty Samantha?”

“Yes Miss, I have one pair of panties like that that I wear for special times.”

“Now Leroy raise your arms so I can help you with your pretty petticoat. Yes That’s right.” I raised my arms and Miss Applerite lowered the petticoat down my body. She then fluffed it out. “Now for your pretty little girl dress darling”

I raised my arms again and she lowered the dress down over my petticoat. She then made sure the dress was sitting correctly before doing up the six buttons down the back. She then went to her handbag that was hanging on the coat rack near the door and rummaged around for a few seconds then she said “Open your mouth a bit darling and close your eyes and don’t move.” I did as instructed and felt her do something to my lips.

“What’s that?”

“Just a bit of lipstick, all pretty girls wear lipstick to dances. Now for your wig and hair bow.” Miss Applerite got a wig from a cupboard and put it on my head she then pinned it in place with some hair pins the attached a pink ribbon that matched the colour of my dress.

Samantha who was already dressed said “Look at Leroy, he’s wearing lipstick. Can we wear lipstick too Miss?”

“Yes Samantha, I just said to Leroy that all pretty girls wear lipstick to dances.”

All the girls said “yeh, great,”

“Okay girls when your ready get one of your girlfriend to make sure your dress is sitting correctly over your petticoat then come here and I’ll put your lipstick on for you.”

Samantha came straight over to me and said “Will you check my dress please Leroy?”

“Samantha, I said ask one of your girlfriends to check your dress.”

“But Miss, Leroy is my friend and he is a girl, so he’s my girlfriend.”

“Well I can’t argue with that so Leroy check Samantha’s dress for her. It’s okay to touch it to straighten it.” So I looked at the dress and had to adjust the hem where it was caught on her petticoat.

“Thank you, Leroy. Are you going to kiss Daryl after the dance?”

“Why would I kiss Daryl?”

“Well I’m going to try and kiss Martin and Carol is going to try to kiss Robert. They are our partners and we both like them a lot. So are you going to?”

“No. Why would I. I’m a boy.”

“Okay don’t get your panties in a twist. They are pretty you know, very pretty for a boy.”

“All right girls, are you all ready?” we all said yes. Miss Applerite opened the door and led us back to the gymnasium. Now when we get there go and find your partner and talk to him, he won’t bite.”

When we got to the gymnasium the boys were all standing in a group talking. When we entered they turned and looked at us One of them said “There’s sissy Leroy the big sissy girl in the yellow dress.” They all started to laugh and even people in the audience that I didn’t even know was going to be there laughed.

Miss Applerite came over to me and said “Don’t let it worry you, they are being silly.” She then took a lacy handkerchief out of the sleeve of her blouse and dabbed at the tears that were starting trickle down my cheeks.

“Alright boys, I asked you to be little gentleman but no you had to be little rat bags so you’ll all have detention every morning recess for the next week. Now see if you can behave properly for the rest of the day. Remember your mothers are watching.”
The music started and we all paired off. The boys held us how we had been taught and then we started to dance. I was surprised Daryl was a good dancer. The first dance was a Viennese waltz. As we danced around the floor I felt my dress and petticoat brushing against my tights. It felt nice.

“You look real pretty in your dress. and you dance very well.”

“Thank you. You dance well too.”

“I don’t want everyone to know but I do ballroom dancing. You won’t say anything will you?”

“No, why would I. I didn’t want anyone to know I do ballet but my silly mummy told everyone. You heard her.”

“Yes, I felt sorry for you when everyone laughed. Do you really wear girls costumes for your ballet?”

“I did once. Last year, one of the girls got sick the day before the competitions and I filled in for her. It was no big deal but according to my mummy I saved the world.”

“Mummies can be a pain.” The first lot of music ended and the second lot started, this time a minuet. 

After the first four dances Miss Applerite said “Well have a break for a few minutes so you can talk to your partners or if you like you can change partners and dance the next set with someone else. Now have a short break.”

Samantha and a couple of the other girls came over to where Daryl and I were talking. “You two seem to be getting on. Leroy are you going to do what we talked about before?”
“No.”

“Why not, I think he would like it.”

“NO.”

“What aren’t you going to do/ And who would like it?”

“Leroy said he might give you a kiss after the dance. I think you might like him to.”

Just then the music started again, another Viennese Waltz. Daryl took me in his arms again but this time I felt he held me tighter. While we danced he said “You know I wouldn’t mind if you kissed me after the dance. I think you’re a really pretty girl.”

“Daryl, I’m a boy and boys don’t kiss other boys.”

“I know but you could pretend you’re a girl, you look like a pretty girl and you smell real nice. If you want to you can.” 
I don’t know what came over me, maybe the feel of my camisole and petticoat and dress or the way he was holding me tight. I really felt more and more like I wanted to kiss him. He was quite handsome in his white suit and all. I was feeling all girly. Then I thought, snap out of it you’re a boy. Don’t think about it.

When the dance finished I didn’t kiss Daryl. We all had to go and have a group photo taken I’m at the back on the far right of the picture squatting down that’s Daryl holding my hand. Samantha is in the front second girl from the left, that’s her partner Martin. Carol is next to her right in the centre with her partner Robert. The other girls are from left to right back row Elizabeth, Margaret, Jeanette, Rose then me. Front row girls are from left to right Anna Maria, Samantha, Carol and last of all Teressa.

Oh Dancer!

What a sweet story and such memories. You write with such passion and detail.

That photo is simply incredible. I hope you don't mind me saying how feminine and pretty you are there. You fit in as one of the girls.

I can only imagine how embarrassing it must have been wearing your dress, petticoats and panties, and being on the girls
"team" for the day.

When you look back on all this, is it with fondness or fear?

And what did your mom do with your dress and petticoats afterwards?

Were there other opportunities for her sometimes daughter to come out to play again?

Thank you so much for sharing this experience. It truly is a remarkable post!
In petticoats and permed curls
Miss Kimmi
Thank you Kimmi,

I appreciate your kind words. There is more to this story which I'm in the process of writing, to be uploaded soon.

The dress and petticoat found it's place in my wardrobe for further use.

Looking back it is with fondness although at the time it was sheer terror.

I won't go into more detail at this time as all will come to light in the next few chapters.

Dancer.
Dancer4Fun,

This story is amazing, I love it Heart

Thankyou!

Philipa x
Hi Dancer!

I will patiently wait.

Just know this really is such a good story, which you told with passion.

It was very clear that this was straight from your heart.
In petticoats and permed curls
Miss Kimmi
(05-29-2020, 09:14 AM)Dancer4Fun Wrote: When I was in grade four at primary school we had to have an end of year dance as it was traditional at the school. There were twenty children in my class including myself, ten boys and ten girls.

We had been learning all these really old time dances as part of our drama and folk dancing lessons so our teacher said we would have an old time dance where we would all dress up in old time costumes and dance the dances we had learnt.

All the mother of the children got involved making costumes and sourcing materials and wigs and shoes. All the girls loved their dresses but not one of the boys liked their silly sissy suits.

One week before the dance one of the families moved out of the area and the twin girls were not able to attend. This left us with two boys without partners. As I was the smallest boy in the grade the teacher Miss Applerite asked my mummy if she would let me be a girl for the dance.

“Oh, of course he can Miss Applerite. Why he often wears a girl’s costume with his dance school at the competitions.”

“Oh that’s very good. Thank you, Mrs. Beasley. The children will be so happy.” 

The following day Miss Applerite said “I have some great news. Mrs Beasley said that Leroy can be one of the girls at our end of year dance. It appears he is a girl when he goes to his ballet class on Saturdays.”

“Miss Applerite, I’m not a girl at my ballet class.”

“Leroy, your mummy told me that you often wear girl’s costumes when you go to dance competitions. You’re not saying your mummy is lying, are you?”

“No, Miss Applerite, I have only once worn a girl’s costume.”

“There that’s settled then. Leroy is going to be one of the girls.” All the boys laughed and some of the girls giggled. I just wanted to roll up into a ball and bounce away. That afternoon after school mummy came to pick me up but she and Miss Applerite decided that I had better make sure that one of the dresses fitted me.

After about an hour getting into and out of the two dresses, one a light lemon colour the other an apricot colour, and petticoats both mummy and Miss Applerite were satisfied that it was a good fit. 

Miss Applerite said “I don’t know what you think. But I think it would be better if Leroy was to wear a proper pair of panties and a camisole instead of his boys undies. I think it would be more in line with what the other girls are wearing under their dresses.”

“Oh I couldn’t agree more. I’ll go and get him some appropriate undies tomorrow.”

Mummy and I then went home.

The next day mummy did buy me panties and a camisole. They were white cotton. 

“Leroy darling, come in your room a minute. I want to make sure your new panties and camisole fit you properly or I’ll have to take them back and get another size.”

“What panties, I don’t wear panties.”

“You have to under your dance dress. Miss Applerite said.”

“Oh mummy, boys don’t wear panties.”

“Well you do now so come on. Here I’ll help you.” So I tried on the panties and camisole and they fitted okay. Nothing more was said until the morning of the dance when mummy ran a bath for me and put some of her stinky stuff in it.

“Why do I have to have a bath on a school day and what’s this stinky stuff?”

“Leroy, today your going to be wearing a pretty dress and dance the part of a little girl. All little girls have bathe when they are going to wear a pretty dress and go to a dance with a boy, so you have to as well.”

“But it’s only a silly school dance and I’m not a little girl.”

“You are for today. So just get in the bath or you’ll be late for school.”

I let mummy wash and dry me, she then put this smelly powder all over me. “Oh mummy, stop it.”

“Darling I told you all little girls like to smell nice when their going to see boys.” 

I was then helped into a pair of white tights with a lacy pattern down the outside of the legs. She then got a pair of panties and held them while I stepped into them. They were different to the ones I tried on the other day. 

“These are different, they are all shiny and lacy.” The panties and the camisole were part of a set so had the same lace around the leg openings, the waist, arm holes and around the neck.

“Yes darling, I remembered when I was a little girl how much I loved my silky and lacy panties and camisoles. I’m sure you’ll learn to like them too.”

Mummy then held my shorts for me to step into.

“I can’t wear shorts, everyone will see these white things.”

“These white things as you call them are your pretty new tights, girls wear them when they wear pretty dresses and girl wear shorts over their tights all the time. Anyway, it’s only until you get to school and put your pretty dress on after lunch.”

Mummy then buckled a pair of white strap shoes on my feet they had a slight heel the had a metal plate on it. “Why has it got this plate thingy on the heel?[img=274x111]file:///C:/Users/leroy/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image004.jpg[/img]

“That’s so when you walk you make a pretty tapping sound. It’s very girly.”

“Gosh mummy, I’m a boy not a girl.”

“But Leroy you are a girl for today. So just accept it. Here put your shirt on so I can get you to school or you’ll be late. You know how Miss Applerite hates lateness.”

When mummy dropped me at the school gate I was seen by kids from most grades including some of the kids from my grade.
“Look, here comes the new little girl Leroy.” Sang out one of the boys from my grade.

“Look, he’s wearing girls stuff.” Yelled another. Kids ran to get a good look at me and some started pushing me and calling me names like sissy and pouf.

I was lucky because the bell rang right then and I could get away from them and go to the class room. All the girls in my class giggled. Some said ‘Leroy you look very pretty.”

“Alright children books out and start the exercises on page twenty-five of your arithmetic book. Start with the fractions conversions then go onto the decimals conversions.” Said Miss Applerite She then came to my desk and said “Why are you wearing tights?”

“Mummy said all girls wear tights when they wear pretty dresses?” 

‘Yes, I know that. But why are you wearing them?”

“Mummy said because I have to wear a dress for the dance, I’m a girl today.”

“Oh, so that’s why. Well you do look very pretty in your tights and Mary-Jane shoes. I saw what happened before class. Would you like to stay in at morning playtime so the boys don’t push you around?”

“Oh yes please Miss. Could I?”

“Of course, you can.” When the bell rang for morning playtime I stayed in my seat when everyone else went out to play.
The rest of the morning was spent in the classroom doing English which included spelling. The bell went for lunch, Miss Applerite took me to the staff room to eat my lunch so I wouldn’t be bullied. She gave me a story book to read  about a little girl learning ballet. “You might like this book since you do ballet. Do you like doing ballet?”

“Yes Miss, It’s okay.”

“After lunch you are going to have to change your clothes, that is put on your pretty dress for the dance. You’ll have to do it in the same room as the boys because you can’t change with the girls.” 

“But Miss, they’ll see my undies.”

“That’s okay, they wont mind.” The bell went to end lunch and I gave the book back to Miss Applerite. “I’ll give you your book back when you’re going home okay?”

“But I don’t need the book. Thanks.”

“That’s okay, you can have it anyway. Come on we’ll go and get everyone changed.” We went back to the classroom where all the other kids were waiting for Miss Applerite.

“Alright everyone, now listen carefully. Boys when you get your little suit go to Mrs. Browns room which will be empty and wait for me. Girls when you get your dresses come back to this room and wait for me. Leroy when you get your dress you go with the boys to Mrs. Browns room and I’ll come and help you all get changed. Now in an orderly manner we’ll go to the gymnasium and get our clothes.”

We went to the gym where Mrs Brown and one of the girls mummies was waiting to hand out the costumes. Mrs. Brown said “When I call your name come and get your costume then stand in a line near the door. Right first, Sally.” Sally went and got her dress and petticoat and went to stand near the door.

Each kid was called in turn, when it was my turn and I went and got my dress all the boys laughed. “Anymore laughing and you’ll all have to stay in at morning playtime for the next week.” said Miss Applerite. 

I felt like a complete sissy, it was the most girlish dress of all of the dresses and the petticoat seamed fuller than any other. When everyone had their costume the two line left the gym and went to the classroom we were assigned to. When the other boys and I got to Mrs Browns room we waited for Miss Applerite.

“Okay everyone can change now. If you need a hand with anything just ask.”

I didn’t want to take my top or pants off so everyone could see the camisole and panties so I just stood there. “Come on Leroy get changed, that’s a good boy.” When I didn’t start to take my top off Miss Applerite came over and lifted the bottom of the top up exposing the camisole which she couldn’t see as she was standing over me and my top hid the camisole from view. When all the boys started laughing she stepped back and saw the shiny white camisole with all the lace on the hem and bodice.

“Oh Leroy, I’m sorry. Come with me.” She grabbed my hand and almost dragged me back to her classroom. All the girls were there getting changed. “Leroy wait here while I go and get your dress and petticoat.” With that she raced down the corridor back to Mrs. Browns room and picked up my dress and petticoat and bought them back to her room.

While she was gone the girls just stood there looking at me, they stopped changing, most of them only had their panties on although some had their petticoats on. They looked at me, I looked at them. Nobody said anything. I think we were all in shock.

When Miss Applerite got back with my costume she said “Look girls, Leroy is wearing a very pretty camisole so he feels all girly at the dance today. Now because he is trying very hard to be a good little girl I want you all to treat him like all your girlfriends.” She then lowered my shorts and everyone saw my shiny white panties with all the lace across the back. “Look girls Leroy is wear matching pretty panties. Do you think they are pretty Samantha?”

“Yes Miss, I have one pair of panties like that that I wear for special times.”

“Now Leroy raise your arms so I can help you with your pretty petticoat. Yes That’s right.” I raised my arms and Miss Applerite lowered the petticoat down my body. She then fluffed it out. “Now for your pretty little girl dress darling”

I raised my arms again and she lowered the dress down over my petticoat. She then made sure the dress was sitting correctly before doing up the six buttons down the back. She then went to her handbag that was hanging on the coat rack near the door and rummaged around for a few seconds then she said “Open your mouth a bit darling and close your eyes and don’t move.” I did as instructed and felt her do something to my lips.

“What’s that?”

“Just a bit of lipstick, all pretty girls wear lipstick to dances. Now for your wig and hair bow.” Miss Applerite got a wig from a cupboard and put it on my head she then pinned it in place with some hair pins the attached a pink ribbon that matched the colour of my dress.

Samantha who was already dressed said “Look at Leroy, he’s wearing lipstick. Can we wear lipstick too Miss?”

“Yes Samantha, I just said to Leroy that all pretty girls wear lipstick to dances.”

All the girls said “yeh, great,”

“Okay girls when your ready get one of your girlfriend to make sure your dress is sitting correctly over your petticoat then come here and I’ll put your lipstick on for you.”

Samantha came straight over to me and said “Will you check my dress please Leroy?”

“Samantha, I said ask one of your girlfriends to check your dress.”

“But Miss, Leroy is my friend and he is a girl, so he’s my girlfriend.”

“Well I can’t argue with that so Leroy check Samantha’s dress for her. It’s okay to touch it to straighten it.” So I looked at the dress and had to adjust the hem where it was caught on her petticoat.

“Thank you, Leroy. Are you going to kiss Daryl after the dance?”

“Why would I kiss Daryl?”

“Well I’m going to try and kiss Martin and Carol is going to try to kiss Robert. They are our partners and we both like them a lot. So are you going to?”

“No. Why would I. I’m a boy.”

“Okay don’t get your panties in a twist. They are pretty you know, very pretty for a boy.”

“All right girls, are you all ready?” we all said yes. Miss Applerite opened the door and led us back to the gymnasium. Now when we get there go and find your partner and talk to him, he won’t bite.”

When we got to the gymnasium the boys were all standing in a group talking. When we entered they turned and looked at us One of them said “There’s sissy Leroy the big sissy girl in the yellow dress.” They all started to laugh and even people in the audience that I didn’t even know was going to be there laughed.

Miss Applerite came over to me and said “Don’t let it worry you, they are being silly.” She then took a lacy handkerchief out of the sleeve of her blouse and dabbed at the tears that were starting trickle down my cheeks.

“Alright boys, I asked you to be little gentleman but no you had to be little rat bags so you’ll all have detention every morning recess for the next week. Now see if you can behave properly for the rest of the day. Remember your mothers are watching.”
The music started and we all paired off. The boys held us how we had been taught and then we started to dance. I was surprised Daryl was a good dancer. The first dance was a Viennese waltz. As we danced around the floor I felt my dress and petticoat brushing against my tights. It felt nice.

“You look real pretty in your dress. and you dance very well.”

“Thank you. You dance well too.”

“I don’t want everyone to know but I do ballroom dancing. You won’t say anything will you?”

“No, why would I. I didn’t want anyone to know I do ballet but my silly mummy told everyone. You heard her.”

“Yes, I felt sorry for you when everyone laughed. Do you really wear girls costumes for your ballet?”

“I did once. Last year, one of the girls got sick the day before the competitions and I filled in for her. It was no big deal but according to my mummy I saved the world.”

“Mummies can be a pain.” The first lot of music ended and the second lot started, this time a minuet. 

After the first four dances Miss Applerite said “Well have a break for a few minutes so you can talk to your partners or if you like you can change partners and dance the next set with someone else. Now have a short break.”

Samantha and a couple of the other girls came over to where Daryl and I were talking. “You two seem to be getting on. Leroy are you going to do what we talked about before?”
“No.”

“Why not, I think he would like it.”

“NO.”

“What aren’t you going to do/ And who would like it?”

“Leroy said he might give you a kiss after the dance. I think you might like him to.”

Just then the music started again, another Viennese Waltz. Daryl took me in his arms again but this time I felt he held me tighter. While we danced he said “You know I wouldn’t mind if you kissed me after the dance. I think you’re a really pretty girl.”

“Daryl, I’m a boy and boys don’t kiss other boys.”

“I know but you could pretend you’re a girl, you look like a pretty girl and you smell real nice. If you want to you can.” 
I don’t know what came over me, maybe the feel of my camisole and petticoat and dress or the way he was holding me tight. I really felt more and more like I wanted to kiss him. He was quite handsome in his white suit and all. I was feeling all girly. Then I thought, snap out of it you’re a boy. Don’t think about it.

When the dance finished I didn’t kiss Daryl. We all had to go and have a group photo taken I’m at the back on the far right of the picture squatting down that’s Daryl holding my hand. Samantha is in the front second girl from the left, that’s her partner Martin. Carol is next to her right in the centre with her partner Robert. The other girls are from left to right back row Elizabeth, Margaret, Jeanette, Rose then me. Front row girls are from left to right Anna Maria, Samantha, Carol and last of all Teressa.

Hi, Where did you find that photo ?
What truly delightful story. Terribly humiliating at the time, I’m sure, but a delicious memory.

But tell me - do you regret not kissing Daryl?