BON4Micro2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International Women's Day
(03-10-2019, 06:52 PM)Yvette-Louise Wrote: It is amazing that in 2019 a certain airline company has just announced that it's female flight attendants no longer have to ASK to be able to wear trousers but will be offered trousers automatically. Nearly a quarter of the way into the twenty first century and women are still expected to wear tight skirts and heels to serve drinks. I am sure giving CPR at twenty thousand feet in the air is easier in trousers than a short tight skirt!

International Woman's day is important as women still fight for equality.
Woman are still under represented in almost every boardroom of every major company.
There is a gender pay gap which despite a lot of talk seems no where near being narrowed.
Millions of girls are deprived of a basic education.
Women are more likely to work longer hours and get paid less than men, as well as having to do housework, cooking and look after children. In short women suffer a lot more than men and are more likely to experience poverty than men.
There is still a long, long way to go before men and women are equal and are treated as such.

For once we are on the same page 100%. The only area I disagree with is equality being the goal. I not convince this will ever work, there needs to be a dominate sex and it long over due for women to lead the world.

RF

Messages In This Thread
International Women's Day - by sissyjamieanne - 03-08-2019, 12:58 PM
RE: International Women's Day - by whyguys - 03-08-2019, 02:16 PM
RE: International Women's Day - by whyguys - 03-09-2019, 09:19 PM
RE: International Women's Day - by GinaV - 03-11-2019, 02:36 PM
RE: International Women's Day - by Lottie - 03-16-2019, 09:00 AM
RE: International Women's Day - by whyguys - 03-21-2019, 12:11 AM
RE: International Women's Day - by whyguys - 04-24-2019, 12:55 AM
RE: International Women's Day - by GinaV - 03-29-2019, 01:05 PM